Do you believe in marriage?

Am i the only one that believes it isnt necessary, like after youve been with your signifigant other for a while, is it necessary to take that next step toshow that you love each other, ive always said to myself i would just like to stay with a girlfriend and just have it be that way and not have to wife her toshow her what i feel. I dont Know if i worded right im half asleep but whats your thoughts.

yes

i'm not gonna be anyone's girlfriend for the rest of my life...if we're together till then end i'll be your wife...

my problem with marriage and relationships in general, is the fact that, there is no better feeling in the world, than the initial process of getting to knowsomeone, compared to being with somebody after a long period of time. I just can't wrap my head around the idea that, I'm supposed to get married andthat be the last time i experience the excitement of a new relationship for the rest of my life. IDK i feel humans are creatures that enjoy pleasure andgratification so much, that it doesnt seem logical to be tied down in family units the way we are.

just think about how fun it is, taking a new girl places and showing off for her, trying your hardest to be charming and reel her in so you can at the ultimatepoint foster a physical relationship, and then think about how the coupling matures from fun exciting, to knowing what the other person wants and providingthat, to basically stagnant and just holding on because you value that person enough to not hurt their feelings but at the same time feeling so stale and blah.

Originally Posted by Club29

marriage isnt what it used to be, thats for damn sure.

this is the whole reason why i asked, i know there are but its rare to see a couple thats just getting married now and have it actually last or be successful,i dont follow statistics much, but arent divorce rates really high now as compared to years ago, i think there are more marriages that happen now with peoplethat have just recently known each other or havent taken the time out to really get to know a person. Like alot of people getting married 8 or 9 months into arelationship and then bam catch a surprise out of no where. Instead of taking atleast a year and half maybe 2 and really getting to know what it is yourdealing with, and even then it may not be enough time to know what you got.

I still do and that's why I know I'm not ready. Too many people get married for the wrong reasons.

It isn't necessary but most women won't accept this "radical" new relationship lifestyle word to He's Not Just That In To You

I don't see myself doing it but if I really fall in love and everything's right I'll do it if she wants to. I'd rather live rich in a lifestylewith a couple baby moms tho and just chill and smash any of them on a whim.

The whole marriage thing just makes me feel like you're dooming the relationship. Don't need to make vows and all that other @%$% if we really loveeach other but w/e. I'm young maybe my mind frame will change on the matter.

aside from the benefits you get as a married couple (gov stuff).. what do you really gain if you have a paper to prove whether you're married or not? loveshould be there with or without a marriage certificate.

CWrite78 wrote:
aside from the benefits you get as a married couple (gov stuff).. what do you really gain if you have a paper to prove whether you're married or not? love should be there with or without a marriage certificate.
a commitment...

any two people can live together but marriage is a lifetime commitment...of course people are getting divorced like crazy but i'm not worried about whatother people are doing...

if i'm having your kids i'm not gonna just be your baby moms or 'your girl' the rest of my life...i'm gonna be your wife...

Later in life. Like my early to mid 30s. if at all.

I gto issues...seeing my parents marriage fail when i was 13 f-----d me up. Not to mention that most dudes get stuck with the "cheaper to keep her"mentality...at the rate I'm going....i look @ relationships like business decisions... assets/liabilities...with the potential to lose half my earnings,child support, alimony AND palimony....and numerous chicks trying to get with me....like only 10% of me wants to get married...

Just my personality...I get bored with females VERY quickly so she'd have to be pretty special.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

CWrite78 wrote:
aside from the benefits you get as a married couple (gov stuff).. what do you really gain if you have a paper to prove whether you're married or not? love should be there with or without a marriage certificate.
a commitment...

any two people can live together but marriage is a lifetime commitment...of course people are getting divorced like crazy but i'm not worried about what other people are doing...

if i'm having your kids i'm not gonna just be your baby moms or 'your girl' the rest of my life...i'm gonna be your wife...

preach

CWrite78 wrote:
a commitment...

any two people can live together but marriage is a lifetime commitment...of course people are getting divorced like crazy but i'm not worried about what other people are doing...

i never got this.. the title dont matter.. its all the same thing

Originally Posted by Club29

marriage isnt what it used to be, thats for damn sure.
QFT! Yes I believe in marriage. Nowadays it's much harder to maintain a marriage due to the economy, increased infidelity, less alone timewith the spouse due to work and family, etc. You just got to make sure that you are with someone that will respect and love you in good weather and willrespect you, love you and dance with you in the midst of storms.

Originally Posted by jawnyquest

CWrite78 wrote:
a commitment...

yes it does and no its not...people gettin to comfortable with bein a baby moms...not me...

what about the whole family having the same last name? my guy and kids have the same name and i'm here like
frown.gif

Originally Posted by jawnyquest

CWrite78 wrote:
a commitment...

Spot on.

The title matters to a lot of people.

It shouldn't.

Back
Top Bottom