Do You And Your Woman Have Issues About Your Lack Of "Religious Passion?"

Does anyone get into it with their woman about your lack of passion when it comes to religion?
"You can't sing/praise enough"
"You never dress up for it"
"You never ask me to go. Do you like going."

Comments like this. Anyone dealing with this?

If you don't like it, don't read/respond

I'm not religious. Therefore I do not date anyone who is actively involved in religious activities. Not that I'm dating anyone anymore or anything so it's not something I have to worry about. There are some topics couples need to see eye to eye on and Religion is one of them.

Religion doesnt concern me. If they want to love god, they can do so on their own time.

My girl and her family usually go to church on sundays..They're kinda religious, just not extreme with it..

They always ask me to go to church with them, and I'm always like nahh..I'm good.

Then her mom goes on a tangent about how you need god in your life and how church is the place where you and god can "talk".

indifferent.gif

I really just want to hit her with the "God doesn't exist."

If I don't want to go to church, don't believe in religion, etc., let me be.

My x was a christian and her church was run by a lot of old timer's,
The church was so twisted, got mad once at a pregnant lady because her husband wouldn't come to church cause she caught him cheating.
Then they speard political views  to everybody in the church they didn't no anything about politics accept that Obama supported abortion.

Im christian but i personally hate when people try to push their religious views on people i remember once a girl got an attitude with me when i said Ive seen catholic priest married.
then she was like oh i forgot about non roman Catholics.
tired.gif

When i had a woman, naw no big deal. I am what i am, she is what she is. Hell i'd go with her every once in a while, but i'm sure she understood that i'm getting absolutely nothing from the experience.

My girl isn't heavy into it, but she believes.. Our son is really interested.. She gets mad at me when I make small snide comments..
Like when my son says, "Jesus Christ" .. Or gets in trouble at school for saying, "I'm gonna freaking kill you!"

... I just say... "How do you think God feels about that?" Hahahaaa....

I think it's all a crock.

i think if you don't agree with each other on religion and services and whatnot, then you dont belong together

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

i think if you don't agree with each other on religion and services and whatnot, then you dont belong together

That's dumb.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]If she wants to go to church and take part in all of those festivities, cool.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Me? I'm not doing it. I believe in a God, but that's where it stops.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]It's not that serious. [/color]
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] (unless you're Muslim or one of those religious nuts)[/color]

Youre right. And it should be illegal to marry outside of ones race.

tired.gif

Originally Posted by Frische Produkte

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]If she wants to go to church and take part in all of those festivities, cool.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Me? I'm not doing it. I believe in a God, but that's where it stops.[/color]

laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] (unless you're Muslim or one of those religious nuts)[/color]
Que?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Diego

Youre right. And it should be illegal to marry outside of ones race.

tired.gif

And drink from the same fountains.

I actually agree with this because of firsthand experience. It's not just about services, but questions about how children will be brought up and the like do come up and lead to heated arguments.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Yoda

My girl and her family usually go to church on sundays..They're kinda religious, just not extreme with it..

They always ask me to go to church with them, and I'm always like nahh..I'm good.

Then her mom goes on a tangent about how you need god in your life and how church is the place where you and god can "talk".

indifferent.gif

I really just want to hit her with the "God doesn't exist."

If I don't want to go to church, don't believe in religion, etc., let me be.
this is me

laugh.gif

Oh it can be that serious.  My family back ground is Christian, umm. Lutheran.  My grandma isn't fanatical or anything, but she'll tell me I'm going to hell for not accepting Jesus as my savior.  Thanks grandma.  But it's true, religion can be a dealbreaker in a relationship.  She is not saying you both have to be of the SAME religion - just that you agree with each other.  Religion is just one of those things, sort of like the abortion issue.  People are pretty steadfast in their belief system and if two belief systems can't peacefully co exist within the relationship then it might not work out. 

Cosign.

And it is that serious. People really value their spirituality. You can't just say "its not a big deal". Life is a lot easier if you find someone who shares your beliefs. You're on the same page as for how how to raise your kids which is a major plus with starting a family.

Me and my bf believe in God, but dont go to church every sunday. My mother wouldn't be happy with either of us if she knew this. If there's ever problems, it'll be problems with my mom. If we were completely opposite in our beliefs, it would def. be a problem if/when we were to raise a child. So yea, I'm with Nawth...it can be that serious unfortunately.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

laugh.gif

1)Oh it can be that serious.  My family back ground is Christian, umm. Lutheran.  My grandma isn't fanatical or anything, but she'll tell me I'm going to hell for not accepting Jesus as my savior.  Thanks grandma.  But it's true, religion can be a dealbreaker in a relationship.  She is not saying you both have to be of the SAME religion - just that you agree with each other.  Religion is just one of those things, sort of like the abortion issue.  People are pretty steadfast in their belief system and if two belief systems can't peacefully co exist within the relationship then it might not work out. 
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]1) You're telling me about YOU and YOUR GRANDMA, I doubt the two of you are in a relationship.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Second thing, (like I always say).. If you let someone have some say in who you end up with (especially over things like religion, race etc), then I feel sorry for you (just my opinion). And to me, it really isn't that serious, but maybe because religion as a whole is a big joke to me. *Kanye shrug*[/color]
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Cosign.

And it is that serious. People really value their spirituality. You can't just say "its not a big deal". Life is a lot easier if you find someone who shares your beliefs. You're on the same page as for how how to raise your kids which is a major plus with starting a family.

gotta agree here.  It is THAT serious, and for those that say its not... you just may not have been in a serious relationship before.

My girl's dad is a pastor and her family is deeply religious (Southern Baptists).  When I sat down and talked to her pop bout getting married, one of the first, if not THE first question he asked me was about my faith.  Having been born and raised a Catholic (and in turn disillusioned with the teachings of Catholicism) I was open to exploring other Christian denominations, and being with my girl has exposed me to it.  I will say that I am still a work in progress, and it is quite the sticking point between me and my girl (especially during NFL season).  It's still a work in progress, but we have found a way to find a middle ground that works for both of us.  That being said, I am 100% convinced that my girl would not be marrying me if I was not a Christian.

Back
Top Bottom