Do the lack of multiple "season MVP titles" take away from Kobe's personal greatness?

I understand he is a great player, and probably the greatest of his generation.. But I feel like having only one season MVP stands out when most of the all-time greats have won it multiple times.

People say "well he has 5 rings and multiple Finals MVP's"... but to dominate a season and the playoffs and win both MVP awards just tells me more about a persons dominance of the game. I feel like Kobe was snubbed by Nash... but he still only has 1 out of 16 seasons in the league. Idk that just glares out to me

Nash has the same amount as Kobe and shaq combined. Still weird to think about.

im a huge kobe fan but i think it may , i wish he would have started

to facilitate earlier in his career like he did this year......then again

the year nash over him was a joke

MVP titles are obviously relative to each individual season. while it is kind of weird that he doesn't have more, it's not to take away that he's been top 5 in the league for a decade now.

Truth is, the only seasons other than 2008(where CP3 had as much of a shot as Kobe) where Kobe could've won MVP were 2006/2009, and MAYBE 2003. 2009 Lebron had a better record(by 1 game) and better stats. 2003/2006 were longshots.

He's still top 10-15 hands down

I feel like Kobe was snubbed by Nash... but he still only has 1 out of 16 seasons in the league. Idk that just glares out to me
It's actually 17 seasons.

So if you were to take Nash's & give him that one, that's 2 out of 17. Is that better to you? If not, then when else was he robbed?

Before '01 he can't even be considered an MVP candidate.

'01 even if you don't want to give it to AI, I'd give it to Duncan who lead the Spurs to the 2nd best record in the league without another all star. The next 3 years it was clearly Duncan & Garnett for similar reasons.

After Shaq left, '05 Kobe got hurt & LAL missed the playoffs. '06 you wanna give it to him, ok.

'07 Dirk led the Mavs to the 4th best record in NBA history without an all-star teammate, unless you wanna count Josh Howard who needed injuries to other guys to get in.

'09 Bron was dropping MJ numbers & had the league's best record without an all-star teammate, unless you wanna count Mo Williams who needed injuries to other guys to get in. Bron came back & did the same thing next year.

'11 it was Rose, only player in the league top 10 in points & assists, only All-NBA/all star on a team with the league's best record. '12 it was Bron.

Last edited:
the answer to the thread title is no

only think that takes away from the Mambas gr9ness is a small # , very small mind u, of his ugly know nothing useless fanzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

viva la mamba !

No. MVP awards are situational. Having them adds to your legacy, but not having them doesn't necessarily take away from it.

Shaq has only one MVP, and we all know damn well that he was the most dominant force in the league for quite some time.

Kobe only has one MVP, but ask anybody from ~'06-'09 who the best player in the league was and they all knew what time it was.

No, Kobe is still great! He has other things that will overshadow his "lack" of regular season MVP titles.

Last edited:
Kobe only has 1 mvp cuz he's a raping, selfish piece of trash... He sucks.

No, it doesnt effect his legacy. The years he was the best player, his teams didnt contend for the title, and vice versa(sans 2008).

It shouldn't but I feel like once we get to a time where people have never seen kobe play, they will hold it against him.
lolwhy? this isnt he ancient times. we have full game films of kobe from his high school days to now. future students of the game will be studying all his moves to the last detail.

Back
Top Bottom