Do Text messages hold up as evidence in court?

laugh.gif
dirty came thru heavy. Oh well /thread

Its a case by case judge by judge choice but many well most states text messages arent viable sources of proof for a court preceding. And to folks that say oh i saw it on judge mathis/judy etc... Um thats not real and its "reality tv". Emails, certified letters, and as long as in accordance with fcc (depending on state) recorded phone conversations. Some states are a one party pardon... meaning if you record someone as it pertains to you then it is legal, some are consentual pardon, meaning you must inform the other party that you are recording them, and the reason for recording, and the other is 3rd party pardon meaning you can bug/place tracer on a line and record a persons conversation with another person without you being on the phone so long as it pertains to you and/or case.

Trust me i know this for a fact, i had a custody battle for my daughter a little while ago. So im speaking from recent personal experience.

Its a case by case judge by judge choice but many well most states text messages arent viable sources of proof for a court preceding. And to folks that say oh i saw it on judge mathis/judy etc... Um thats not real and its "reality tv". Emails, certified letters, and as long as in accordance with fcc (depending on state) recorded phone conversations. Some states are a one party pardon... meaning if you record someone as it pertains to you then it is legal, some are consentual pardon, meaning you must inform the other party that you are recording them, and the reason for recording, and the other is 3rd party pardon meaning you can bug/place tracer on a line and record a persons conversation with another person without you being on the phone so long as it pertains to you and/or case.

Trust me i know this for a fact, i had a custody battle for my daughter a little while ago. So im speaking from recent personal experience.

If the employer has held the monies owed for more than two weeks or passed the next pay period it is breaking the law. Go to the department of labor and report the business or employer. The employer will be fined for each day the money owed is held. I suggest you try this before going straight to court...it'll save you money on court fees, time and such.

If the employer has held the monies owed for more than two weeks or passed the next pay period it is breaking the law. Go to the department of labor and report the business or employer. The employer will be fined for each day the money owed is held. I suggest you try this before going straight to court...it'll save you money on court fees, time and such.

Originally Posted by MALCALA622

Youre probly better off doing this.

I doubt a lawyer would take the case for the couple hundred dollars your paycheck is.

Originally Posted by MALCALA622

Youre probly better off doing this.

I doubt a lawyer would take the case for the couple hundred dollars your paycheck is.

If you can show that the text messages are from him, they should be admissible.  I would request records from your phone company and make a requestfor him to produce his phone bills by way of interrogatory.

If you can show that the text messages are from him, they should be admissible.  I would request records from your phone company and make a requestfor him to produce his phone bills by way of interrogatory.

Try your local law school.  Maybe some clinical students will do it pro bono.  Or legal aid.

Try your local law school.  Maybe some clinical students will do it pro bono.  Or legal aid.

Generally speaking, of course texts hold up in court...

...text a 16 year old chick a picture of your **** and see how that works out for you.

Back
Top Bottom