Dexter Season 8 - Premeres June 30th - 2min sneak peak

Sooooo Dexter dies, and Deb will be missing. Won't people wonder where Harrsion is?

Worst finale ever.

I would've taken that over what we were fed.

I'm still bothered by the finale. I hope Scott Buck doesn't find work ever again.

Should've known it was going to be terrible from the preview though when they were showing all those flashbacks. Pure laziness. :x

How many other tv finales for major shows utilize flashbacks like that? At least when Seinfeld brought back their characters it served a purpose.

So Dexter becomes a lumberjack?
Is Hanna going to teach Harrison the code?

I realized the Trinity killer makes Dexter look like a little *****

I knew I was in for disappoinment when I saw that it was less than an hour long. They tried to tie so many loose ends in so little time. Felt rushed, felt lazy.

Flashbacks were pointless, they rushed everything with Saxon. From his capture to Dexter killing him. Rushed Dexter getting away with blatant murder, no explanation really, they just let him go :smile:lol). Then they try to make Dexter escaping with Deb's lifeless body somewhat dramatic, instead it's an extremely unbelievable scene. Dexter then, sails his boat into the eye of a hurricane, :lol:

I'm sorry, this finale sucked balls. Awful, but it's the perfect ammo for those that have been saying that Dexter should've ended after Season 5.

My counterargument to those that say Breaking Bad should've gone a couple more seasons, I use Dexter as an example of a show that just flatlined and the network kept it on life support. Season's 6-8... waste of time.

They felt it was necessary to give him a purpose and story line during the final season, but didn't even have him on the last episode to say good bye to Dexter or be notified of Deb's accident :lol:

that is my issue with the writers, they bring up these mini storylines that go no where then just drop it. What was the purspose of Masuka having a daughter? It served no purpose and was a complete waste of time.

I'm very happy that I stopped watching this show after season 5.

Seasons 1-4 were great (with 4 being the best)

Then season 5 was an absolute turd which made me throw in the towel.

I feel you man, after 5 I was like WTF? They keep dropping the ball, there is so much they could have done with the death of Rita. My biggest issue is they still allow Dexter to get away and not have any real conflict. Doakes has been calling him out since season 1 and nobody thinks twice. Miami Metro must be the sepcial olympics of police depts. {no disrespect}

Was that the worse episode of the season? Removing the fact that is was the finale, and a terrible one at that, was any other episode less believable and more disjointed than this one?

There are several episodes that were outlandish, what makes this the worst of them all is the fact that they could have made up for all the bad ones with at least a decent ending. Let Dexter get caught and have Harrison and Hannah leave for Argentina would make sense. At this point anything would have made more senese than what they gave us. What was the point of faking his death? It's not like anyone was looking for Deb's body anyway :smh:. They act like him being a lumber jack is going to stop him from killing? what happens when all his coworkers start disappearing b/c he is killing them all?

Killing Doakes was their biggest mistake. He was the ultimate antagonist for Dex.

Quinn started out as a fake Doakes, to becoming whipped by Deb and a poor and bad cop.

Whatever happen to the stripper chick he was risking his job and killing people over :lol:

i quit watching this show after like the 4th season. i'm glad i did. so HAHAHAH

Everyone should watch the finale just for the unintentional comedy. I didn't know whether to :stoneface: or :rofl: when Dexter killed his sister and casually walked out with her body and hopped into his boat :lol: why the @#$% did he drive his boat into the middle of a hurricane? how the @#$% did he make it back to shore? Why did he need to protect Hannah and his son from himself when he's not even a killer anymore :lol: Many more ridiculous situations in this episode

Last edited:
Quinn started out as a fake Doakes, to becoming whipped by Deb and a poor and bad cop.

Whatever happen to the stripper chick he was risking his job and killing people over :lol:

Exactly. Introducing storylines that go absolutely no where. I swear I think each writer is assigned a character and just makes up a storyline then they just jumble all that **** together.

Ok, so you're Angel and Quinn.

Dexter just died. His son Harrison is.......? :lol:

Deb was brain dead in a hospital, and now we have no idea where she is either.

What the ****? :lol:

If you wanted, you could make a case that Deb was the Bay Harbor Butcher and she killed Dex and took off with Harrison. Hell, Elway is going to say Harrison was with Hannah, only Hannah signed her name Deb at the hospital. :lol: :nerd:

What a disaster.

One of these days I want to sit and re-write the final 3 seasons my way. Start from Deb walkin in on Dex and Lumen and go from there.

Nah, Quinn was clueless. Doakes was that ninja though :smokin

Naw, Quinn hated and didn't trust Dexter at first. They set him up to be Dexters new antagonist. I hated it, because I felt there was no reason to kill off Doakes if you were going to just replace him with a fake version. Then just midstream dude got ***** whipped and became Dexter's friend asking him for advice to get Deb. Then they totally switched it up, and had the person who loved Dexter and was trying to throw him the panties...I thought she loved that dude more than Angel, go after him. Then they made it like LeGuerta had some deep lasting soul mate relationship for Doakes, when I always thought he was just a former partner and they might have had sex. Maybe it's how the show does it, because after LeGuerta it was basically business as usual after that first episode. Once Angel got rid of her stuff he was over her.

Characters switched up personalities over the last three seasons.

Why even have the Jamie and Quinn storyline just for him to go back to Deb? To show her naked? It's like they had Jamie and Masuka on the show so long they wanted to finally make them major characters for part of a season, to the point it looked forced.

Quinn had Trinity's daughter, Deb, the stripper, and Jamie.

I mean, I know why Joey wanted to stay on the show now. Dude was probably the first one to work every day. :lol:

Trinity's daughter. :evil:

That ending that henzo posted would've been
eek.gif
pimp.gif

And for those that asked Quinn's stripper fled the country after Quinn killed her boss.

Naw, Quinn hated and didn't trust Dexter at first. They set him up to be Dexters new antagonist. I hated it, because I felt there was no reason to kill off Doakes if you were going to just replace him with a fake version. Then just midstream dude got ***** whipped and became Dexter's friend asking him for advice to get Deb. Then they totally switched it up, and had the person who loved Dexter and was trying to throw him the panties...I thought she loved that dude more than Angel, go after him. Then they made it like LeGuerta had some deep lasting soul mate relationship for Doakes, when I always thought he was just a former partner and they might have had sex. Maybe it's how the show does it, because after LeGuerta it was basically business as usual after that first episode. Once Angel got rid of her stuff he was over her.

Characters switched up personalities over the last three seasons.

Why even have the Jamie and Quinn storyline just for him to go back to Deb? To show her naked? It's like they had Jamie and Masuka on the show so long they wanted to finally make them major characters for part of a season, to the point it looked forced.
Actually, I forgot how close Quinn was when he used that outside P.I. in the Lumen season. 

Ok, so you're Angel and Quinn.

Dexter just died. His son Harrison is.......? :lol:

Deb was brain dead in a hospital, and now we have no idea where she is either.

What the ****? :lol:

Nah...everyone forgets about everything the next day and life goes on...

Last edited:
Killing Doakes was their biggest mistake. He was the ultimate antagonist for Dex.

I think they killed Doakes to extend the series, cuz if Doakes was kept alive, it would be unrealistic (like many things on this show) for him not to take Dexter down quickly with what he knew. They could've drawn out his finding out what Dex was doing though.

Never watched it but thought this was interesting. Showtime wouldn't allow the writers to kill Dexter in the finale. Article came out today about it.

Back
Top Bottom