Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

That level 34 PoE was serious! But once we got our strat down, we got it the very next go. Me and Zero up tonight with that last etheric light :smokin

That level 34 PoE was serious! But once we got our strat down, we got it the very next go. Me and Zero up tonight with that last etheric light :smokin

What's the strat on those VIPs mang?! We got past the first VIP like twice with no real strategy, and couldn't do the 2nd one at all.

Edit: 34 was cake. I meant 35 :smh:

Last edited:
What's the strat on those VIPs mang?! We got past the first VIP like twice with no real strategy, and couldn't do the 2nd one at all.

Honestly, we just Gjallay EVERYTHING in sight. Luckily all 3 of us have one maxed so it makes it a breeze at times. TImely blinding bubbles, invis hunters to run, hide and resurrect, and radiance when **** hits the fan or to create lots of orbs for everyone else is an important feature. Other than the bubble, the other supers should be popped to create orbs. Orbs are essential along with a blinding bubble. I can't even count how many times I've save not only myself but all 3 of us when we got surrounded with 1 so we could pop a synth and just unleash gjallays on everything around us. Even with Arc burns we ran Gjallajs for every part. We just switched up our primaries and special weapons.

The advantage Zero, Wright, and myself have is that we've been running constantly every week together for NFs, weeklies, and raids since late Sept/early Oct. We know our tendencies better than most people who just pugged or played with different people every week. Good luck to all on the 34, it's really fun. We probably will try 35 tonight.

Got another 335i Gally drop, that's two so far
sick.gif

Also shoutout to Bungie tonight on that Drake ft. Crota End - Energy (remix)
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
I GOT ENERGIES

GOT ALOTTA ENERGIES

laugh.gif

Almost beat that 34 PoE but that Round 4 wave 3 of hive and arc burn was too much :frown:

I GOT ENERGIES

GOT ALOTTA ENERGIES

:lol:

Almost beat that 34 PoE but that Round 4 wave 3 of hive and arc burn was too much :frown:

Yea that is tricky. I think we wiped like 4-6 times before we got that one. Funny thing is we probably had the most amount of trouble against some of the earlier Cabal ones where we had to defuse the mines :lol: Then Variks gave us the gift of Heavy ammo instead of the scorch cannon and well, Gjallarhorns > everything :lol:

What exotics besides Gally is everyone upping to that higher 365?
Nechrochasm.

That level 34 PoE was serious! But once we got our strat down, we got it the very next go. Me and Zero up tonight with that last etheric light
smokin.gif
Catch them when they're coming out of their door, Gjally them to oblivion.

What exotics besides Gally is everyone upping to that higher 365?

Weapons I did:
Gjallay
3x Thunderlord
3x Icebreaker
Mida
Thorn
Hawkmoon
P&T
Truth

Armor:
Titan
Crest of Alpha Lupi
Armentarium
Heavy ammo gloves
blinding helmet

Warlock
Veil
Obscidian Mind
Helm of Akhumara
Voidfang
Starfire
Parxic Fire

Hunter
Sybiote
third man
Don't Touch Me
Crest of Alpha Lupi
Lucky Rasberry

Is what I did up to now.

Last edited:
@illsupra  being the crab he is of course pulls the new Hunter Exotic Gauntlets - Khepri's Sting. They have a live moving beetle at the end of the gauntlets. Looks ridiculously dope as hell. 

I'm still jelly though I did get a third Bjallerhorn and used an armor core and weapon core to get the PoE launcher. These new PoE weapons kinda suck though. All kinetic primaries and lackluster special/heavy perks. I bet they let us ascend our new weapons after seeing how trash the PoE/Osiris stuff is.

Frost would be the one to pull hunter gauntlets of all things
laugh.gif

Yea for those VIP criticals, just GGhorn the **** out of them as soon as they pop up. That is really all we did. You don't want them running all over the place and then you are trying to kill them while warding off the Cabal as well.

I also like to try and take out as many of the Psion Flayers as I can before anything else since they move so fast and they have that damn move where they shoot those waves along the floor.

Believe it or not, for the Cabal and the Solar burn, I also was using the Abyss Defiant AR rifle. Was good with the solar burn, solar shields, and then I could get it to proc to help keep the Wizards off us a little bit.

I was the Warlock in the group and I ran with revive and Strafire Protocol chest piece with the sticky grenades and made all of my abilities burn enemies, up until the last round, and then I switched to Radiant Skin to decrease incoming damage while Radiance is active and used my Praxxic Fire chest to spam throw firebolt grenades.

I also switched from using Viking Funeral (ignite enemies burn longer and take more damage) to using Sunburst (killing enemies with Scorch create orbs). When the thrall and acolytes spawn, I met them with the grenades and melee attacks to have the orbs for Biggie to have his bubble for the floor burn then Zero to use his Gunslinger and pick the rest off from distance.

Take down Wizards and Ogres ASAP, and also be on the look out for the Boomer Knights shooting at you as well.

Oh I also used the Angel of Light perk to keep me suspended in air longer during those floor burn sessions as well. I would jump 2 times in the air and it would be over with; I would land in Biggie's bubble as well, so I would always have an over shield in case something hit me in air or I mistimed my jump and had to come down earlier than planned.

My List of weapons that I took to the 365 max level already....(in the spoiler so it doesn't make this post any longer.)
Weapons:

Hawkmoon

Red Death

TLW

Thorn

Mida

Vex

IceBreaker x 3

GGhorn x3

Thunderlord x 3

Titan:

Glasshouse

Saint 14

Ruin Wings

Armamentarium

Alpha Lupi (more orbs and faster revive for PoE)

Hunter:

Symbiote

Mask of 3rd Man

Don't Touch Me

Lucky Raspberry

Alpha Lupi

Warlock:

Light Beyond Nemesis

Obsidian Mind

Apothesis Veil

Praxxic Fire

Starfire Protocol

Voidfang Vestments

Last edited:
im like the ONLY person w/o an IceBreaker smfh..

In all honesty, most of us will tell you that once you have a Gjallarhorn, you'll rarely if ever equip an IB over it. Ihustle is just a hater so he is the exception but the IB is nothing special since special ammo is so abundant. It's cool for NFs or certain fights but I can't say that I use it for anything else besides oracles maybe and even then I stick with the VoC.

Oh wait now I remember, the heavy ammo glitch is where I use one :lol:

Last edited:
Bungie needs to allow you to burn synths. I have 4 stacks on my Titan from key grinding and have no more room left in consumable inventory. 
indifferent.gif

Bungie needs to allow you to burn synths. I have 4 stacks on my Titan from key grinding and have no more room left in consumable inventory. 
indifferent.gif
Between key farming and those 4 emblems that they give you throughout the PoE story missions, my consumable spots were taking a hit. Then the Trials Coins, Passage Keys, Tokens of Flight, and those Queen's Amethyst crystals, my inventory is getting cramped again as well. I guess they will give us more vault space in the near future too. I am already starting to break down old weapons that I thought that I would be keeping.

As I think about it.....I don't think that I leveled any of my IceBreakers to 365 yet. Maybe 1 but that is it. I use mine the least out of anyone I run with I would think
laugh.gif

im like the ONLY person w/o an IceBreaker smfh..

Im the only person w/o a gallyhorn, and ive been playing just about every other day since release date last year :rolleyes

GALLY IS LIFE.

I THOUGHT YOU HAD A GALLY? NOW I KNOW WHY WHEN WE SAID EVERYONE GALLY THE WIZARDS, THAT IT DIDN'T SEEM ENOUGH ROCKETS WERE BEING FIRED :lol:

WE TRYING PRISON OF ELDERS ON LEVEL 34 AGAIN TONIGHT? THAT ROUND 4 WAVE IS NO JOKE :lol:

GALLY IS LIFE.

I THOUGHT YOU HAD A GALLY? NOW I KNOW WHY WHEN WE SAID EVERYONE GALLY THE WIZARDS, THAT IT DIDN'T SEEM ENOUGH ROCKETS WERE BEING FIRED
laugh.gif

WE TRYING PRISON OF ELDERS ON LEVEL 34 AGAIN TONIGHT? THAT ROUND 4 WAVE IS NO JOKE
laugh.gif
Hive + Arc Burn is a filthy combo man
sick.gif
mean.gif

Yea, I don't know how we survived that
laugh.gif
But a 365 Fatebringer + level 34 will make quick work of something similar next week.
Man I was thinking about that. Once I get 1 to level 34, I just might level the Fatebringer and VoC next before leveling the other 2 characters to 34 just to have the weapons
laugh.gif

Man I was thinking about that. Once I get 1 to level 34, I just might level the Fatebringer and VoC next before leveling the other 2 characters to 34 just to have the weapons :lol:

It's a huge boost to damage to be equal level and to have the extra 30% weapon damage from the primaries. No more -32% weapon damage debuff for being -1 level. I was thinking this morning that I just care about doing 34 this week on my Warlock other than the Titan and if we can get the 35 done on both then I'm fine with that. The Hunter can be on stand by until Zero levels HIS Titan

:rofl:

Last edited:
GALLY IS LIFE.

I THOUGHT YOU HAD A GALLY? NOW I KNOW WHY WHEN WE SAID EVERYONE GALLY THE WIZARDS, THAT IT DIDN'T SEEM ENOUGH ROCKETS WERE BEING FIRED :lol:

WE TRYING PRISON OF ELDERS ON LEVEL 34 AGAIN TONIGHT? THAT ROUND 4 WAVE IS NO JOKE :lol:

Maaaan!! I was mad late to work today lmaoo. Yeah no gally for me yet but im down to run it again. Traypound told me he stayed on and got two randoms from LFG and beat it. He got a queens sniper

Last edited:
It's a huge boost to damage to be equal level and to have the extra 30% weapon damage from the primaries. No more -32% weapon damage debuff for being -1 level. I was thinking this morning that I just care about doing 34 this week on my Warlock other than the Titan and if we can get the 35 done on both then I'm fine with that. The Hunter can be on stand by under Zero levels HIS Titan
roll.gif
Yup....Warlock/Titan for me and just leaving the Hunter to do the story missions and Crucible for now. At least have him level 33 for if/when I take him into ToO and IB though.

Yea I supposed you are right about getting 2 to level 34 first
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom