Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Man it was crazy to watch Crota kill him so far away with the swing animation! :wow:
Zero raging was hilarious in itself too :lol:
But then the frustration set in once it happened again.
One time, he had even jumped off the side on to those rocks on the side and Crota hit him down there! :wow:

:rofl: I wish I was in there for that haha

My boy got killed while Crota was still kneeling. it told him he got killed by Crota.

Watched it happen too. Crota was down. He jumped away and died. Then Crota got up and swung. Hahahah

Last edited:
I'm not giving up on VoG, I need that Icee Fresh aka the Ben Baller. Who's down, NM and HM, it will be cake.

You want to get at least 2 kneels in each sword. U need a strong rocket launcher with tracking is easiest. It's even better when he isn't on the sides, if he is center the sword is close to him.

Crota has many more moving parts for the final boss compared to VOG final boss. Both are fun and require team coordianations.

It's best to have one person concentrating on the Boomers with an Ice Breaker. Everyone else Sword bearer.

That's what I like about it, it requires total team effort and commitment. Hell yesterday we got the 2nd chest with Zero dying being our designated chest hunter while we took out the shriekers and thralls. I ran as fast as I could and jumped over the thralls and slid right through the door as it close. :smokin

Plus, the fights are complete mayhem, there was barely any killing in VoG compared to Crota's End.

Team effort, somebody goes down, you need to quickly scramble and make up for his role until you can rez him.

You want to get at least 2 kneels in each sword. U need a strong rocket launcher with tracking is easiest. It's even better when he isn't on the sides, if he is center the sword is close to him.

Crota has many more moving parts for the final boss compared to VOG final boss. Both are fun and require team coordianations.

It's best to have one person concentrating on the Boomers with an Ice Breaker. Everyone else Sword bearer.

That's exactly what my team did

He just wouldn't die before enrage for some reason.

He said he was using R1 R1 R2 per kneel

Tell him to just R2 the whole time. I also read that after hitting R2, if you hit R1 right after it'll take you out of the R2 slam animation and allow you to R2 quicker. I didn't give you our strat but this is what our sword bearer does.

2x R2 = R1, R1, R2 combo. He probably isn't even finishing the 2nd combo most of the time so you're stuck with R1, R1 combo which equates to 1x R2. THere is your missing damage. Your sword bearer should be able to hit 5x R2, 4 if he's conservative, 6 if timing is absolutely perfect.

Last edited:
That's exactly what my team did

He just wouldn't die before enrage for some reason.

Then your swordbearer isn't getting up there in time to maximize his DPS. It becomes a timing issue that both the DPS and the swordbearer need to figure out.
Yeah seems like you only need slight tweaking. Strategy is on point.
We have 2 people designated for particular call outs. Saves unnecessary noise and lessens confusion. I was on boomer callouts. When the guardians have the sword we had 1 guide for our sword guy, best if it's the guy with strongest rocket. When crota was at 1/4 shield he tells our sword guy jump up as soon as he shoots. As soon as that rocket hits and he takes a knee he's ready to go ham.

Are you going down to the middle for ogres? Ice breaker them bad boys quick then back to crota.

We did left side for the majority of Crota, then moved to lower middle for Ogres. Seemed to work really well. And yeah it's all about timing and you'll easily get him before Enrage.

Yeah. Same. Stood on left side and worked our way to middle for ogres took them out quick and moved back up top. Just need some fine tuning and I think we'll be good.

Downed crota in 3 swords last night 
nthat.gif

Having the sword super comes in super handy, dropped him to 60% in one go. Also had a dude get the upgraded Gjallarhorn, so jealous 
mad.gif
He got it out the first chest?!
eek.gif
Yup 
mad.gif

I got the MIDA Multi-tool.

Last edited:
Yup >:

I got the MIDA Multi-tool.

Our group did the raid across 3 characters with 4 people and 2 characters for the other 2 people and we got 0 exotics out of both chests. So don't feel too bad.

Last edited:
Use R2 for the sword hit, while pushing forward on the controller it will do the swing a bit faster. Make sure your team uses their super and generates some orbs for the sword carrier. I was able to get 3 R2s in and a super and dropped him to around 60% health in one swing. 3-4 swords is all you need to win.

Can you do the bormal raid and the hard raid all in one week and still get shards weapons armor etc.? Or you cant until the reset?

Can you do the bormal raid and the hard raid all in one week and still get shards weapons armor etc.? Or you cant until the reset?

I believe you can do both.

But just a reminder hard isn't out yet for Crota.
ok for sure. Yeah I remember my friend telling me that. I still haven't tried the new raid yet. I'm talking about the VOG raid. We took my friend through the normal and so I was wondering if we tried the hard raid if we could still get **** from it.

does anybody else have the Monte Carlo on here? I wanna know if it's actually worth it to use and upgrade.

does anybody else have the Monte Carlo on here? I wanna know if it's actually worth it to use and upgrade.
I have two of em. It was cool when I did VoG the first time and had nada. But I got VoC my first time through and never looked back. Id rather use a heavy exotic instead but MC gets the job done

I got the monte Carlo but it's. an ok weapon. Your preference tho really.

Does anyone know if it's true when someone dies on Crota and the oversall comes does it reduce the amount of time for his enrage to come?

Edit: damn I can't type at all today. Smh

Last edited:
I got the monte Carlo bits an ok weapon. Your preference tho really.

Does anyone know if it's true when someone dies on Crota and the oversall comes does it reduce the amount of time for his enrage to come?

Doubt it, the 1st or 2nd clear we had last week, we had 1 death and we killed him just under the enrage time and it didn't affect it at all. It was like 1-2 minutes after the 2nd set of ogres.

Back
Top Bottom