Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Just Oryx? That's fine with me

Yea just oryx but we will be doing the challenge strategy in preparation for next week. Pretty much just killing the ogres and knights asap.

I was reading up on it since I didn't know what was good.

If we stack the 4 orbs x 4 and detonate them all at once, we can essentially 1 shot oryx and never have to do the 2nd part of the fight where we get teleported into the dome.
Yeah the way we were doing it.
Get the ogres on low life. Get the all the blights to stack . So when we have 4 in each place we detonate them while someone does dps. We all got touch we should be good. Or maybe it's something different ?

Last edited:

Yea just oryx but we will be doing the challenge strategy in preparation for next week. Pretty much just killing the ogres and knights asap.

If we stack the 4 orbs x 4 and detonate them all at once, we can essentially 1 shot oryx and never have to do the 2nd part of the fight where we get teleported into the dome.
Nah 

You definitely have to get teleported into the dome (3x) to detonate all 16 blights

I think you mean youll never have to run around the platforms during the oryx shooing sequence

Nah 

You definitely have to get teleported into the dome (3x) to detonate all 16 blights

I think you mean youll never have to run around the platforms during the oryx shooing sequence

ah really? that article i read must have lied to me but it doesn't make sense for us to get teleported if we haven't done 1/2 damage which wouldn't happen unless we detonated orbs.

found confirmation that you indeed are correct: https://www.vg247.com/2015/12/18/destiny-oryx-challenge-mode-kings-fall-raid/

I really hope dudes read this. Dudes definitely didn't read the one about the Ogre challenge. We got into the raid and Number 5 had to break it down as if they never saw the post :smh:

Last edited:

Yeah the way we were doing it.
Get the ogres on low life. Get the all the blights to stack . So when we have 4 in each place we detonate them while someone does dps. We all got touch we should be good. Or maybe it's something different ?

naw kill the orgres and the knights the spawn. kill the knights before they take the blights.

Aite I will jump in. I was trying to leave my current squad with my main group last night. Rule was we couldn't leave untill we lost. We never lost in ib last night.

Like 20-0 smh... We ended cause my ole lady wasn't having that excuse she was slapping the controller out my hand to make us lose.

My Hunter and Titan get their helms and armor I'm good

I won't be free till 9 but I'm down.

you will have to enter he shade 3 times. It's not a hard concept just a lot of stuff going on at once. If everyone remembers their one job and make that like their mission it all comes together.

People start getting overwhelmed and miss knights and stuff ish goes downs bill

Nah 

ah really? that article i read must have lied to me but it doesn't make sense for us to get teleported if we haven't done 1/2 damage which wouldn't happen unless we detonated orbs.

found confirmation that you indeed are correct: https://www.vg247.com/2015/12/18/destiny-oryx-challenge-mode-kings-fall-raid/

I really hope dudes read this. Dudes definitely didn't read the one about the Ogre challenge. We got into the raid and Number 5 had to break it down as if they never saw the post
mean.gif
Yea its a good idea for your fireteam to take a look at the info you posted.

The mechanics are a bit different especially if you've normally done the 'no knights' method in the past.

Once you get tha hang of it and see 16 detonations pop on your screen at once 
nthat.gif

Its like when you play solitaire and all the card go jjkjkljksjdafkdfghsdkgjahgjhdkjhjkhghjkhh at once 
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif

Last edited:
ihust1e ihust1e thanks man.... the good thing is dudes are still learning oryx so I figured we'd learn the challenge way. I mean, we tried the no knight strategy last week but Fleece was getting washed by the ogres a lot which is understandable. Having the running being a ninja during the chaos takes much practice and time. Figured it would be easier to consistently get the runner grabbing the aura as well as getting us good for next week.

Two things I advise. Make sure your two titans have high DPS. Meaning they have touch of malice above 310 is nice but not needed.

You will need two bubbles, weapons and blessing. The faster the Titans melt the ogres the easier it is for plates to kill Knights. Adds spawn on timer based on relic runner speed. You can actually out pace the most of the ad's.

The biggest killers out there are those damn eyes they make that melt people. You have to if anything avoid those while on plate. And the tomb ship.

People on the plates should be helping to kill the Ogres.

As soon as the Ogre is down next to a guardian's plate you should be looking across from you to take out your knight that spawns once your Ogre is down.

I've did it where we doing from the top and also from bottom middle.

One of the floaters or even the runner can kill the fourth knight that spawns.

Once the runner has relic and headed toward bottom middle or top tower, where ever you DPS from everyone should have at least 3 of the 4 red bar light eater knights killed and only have to worry the fourth red bar knight that spawned by the relic and the yellow knight (vessel) to kill.

At this point all 6 guardian's should be in the middle with the invincible aura, but also keeping an eye on the orbs in case there was a knight that wasn't killed.

Once you DPS Oryx you have all the time in the world to concentrate on the ads so you should be good.

Once Oryx pulls you into the torn dimension it should be Heavy machine guns and snipers hitting him. I would be cautious if using malice because no health regen in this phase.

Rinse and repeat.

I love the Iron Banner buff once one of your characters hit rank 5 and weekend. Did the daily bounties, handed in one weekly and I'm already almost rank 4 on my last character. So far not much in terms of rank 5 rewards (Chest and Boosts) but that shotty he's selling with full auto is exactly what I wish my Conspiracy Theory was. If I didn't have to go through infusing light into multiples, I would've copped one for each character so I wouldn't have to transfer it. Hoping I get a burlap sack PSN exclusive cape drop for me tonight. So far I haven't had a class piece drop for me this IB.

Hit rank 5 with Warlock yesterday. Will power level the Titan and hunter tonight with the bounties and get them there as well. 311 boots from first rank 5 package. Need to buy auto and shotty

Lol but why dude said "We can 5 man Warpriest easy" when someone left after getting their reward, I'm like yo, yall couldn't even beat totems with 6, how you sound?

you mean the sisters?
we could have done it. the totems are different because of the process involved.
since we help the middle guys with grenades and stuff and all of us are pretty strong now, we could have definitely taken them down.

edit: just caught up. so you ran last night on LFG. makes sense now :lol:

that said, we gonna try and finish Oryx tonight? I can struggle from like 730-930.

TB is in
Me

Fleece?
@willypete?
championboyz7 championboyz7
@Ace93
starfox070 starfox070 - bruh stop sending me messages and just jump in the party :D
putting in work putting in work
@DocWatson

also, we will do the challenge mode strategy so that we can practice for next week.
Yeah, I ran from start to Warpriest with my Titan. They were like "Who keeps putting out bubbles that aren't blessings of light" I put my mic on mute.

Yeah I'm down that's cool...9-930 is a good ending time for me too

Gonna use my Warlock. I'll probably run Oryx on Normal with my Titan since I don't have blessings unlocked.

ihust1e ihust1e thanks man.... the good thing is dudes are still learning oryx so I figured we'd learn the challenge way. I mean, we tried the no knight strategy last week but Fleece was getting washed by the ogres a lot which is understandable. Having the running being a ninja during the chaos takes much practice and time. Figured it would be easier to consistently get the runner grabbing the aura as well as getting us good for next week.

I don't really ever run, only when I have to so that's also part of the rrason. Hence me always hitting my head smh. I mean the ogres will shoot you but I've seen people live past it. It's more of knowing how to run well. When I wasn't running on no knight it was easy for me.

Nah 

I really hope dudes read this. Dudes definitely didn't read the one about the Ogre challenge. We got into the raid and Number 5 had to break it down as if they never saw the post :smh:
I actually knew what to do lol before he came in and said it

Yeah, I ran from start to Warpriest with my Titan. They were like "Who keeps putting out bubbles that aren't blessings of light" I put my mic on mute.

Gonna use my Warlock. I'll probably run Oryx on Normal with my Titan since I don't have blessings unlocked.

Bruh.... You set them dudes up :lol: got me dead over here. The guilt bubble :rofl:

We def gonna be on before 9-930 but just join the party if we struggling.

starfox070 starfox070 can you be on around 730 est?

Last edited:

Bruh.... You set them dudes up :lol: got me dead over here. The guilt bubble :rofl:

Well a bubble is better than nothing [emoji]128532[/emoji] I was just trying to help. They were mad when they stepped in and out and damage didn't increase. They were like "Who is the Titan!?" I just pUT my mic on mute again.

Are we beating Oryx tonight? Or....Cause it resets tomorrow, why not beat it then practice the challenge?

Nah I'm saying 9 is a good time for me to get off. Cause my girl be saying I be on destiny all day when she get home from work. Gotta make time now lol

Last edited:

Well a bubble is better than nothing [emoji]128532[/emoji] I was just trying to help. They were mad when they stepped in and out and damage didn't increase. They were like "Who is the Titan!?" I just pUT my mic on mute again.

Are we beating Oryx tonight? Or....Cause it resets tomorrow, why not beat it then practice the challenge?

Nah I'm saying 9 is a good time for me to get off. Cause my girl be saying I be on destiny all day when she get home from work. Gotta make time now lol

ah ok then you should be in then. worse case, ill step aside for you guys and play IB in search of another ghost for ma familia.

the titan... you gotta unlock that class.

you currently probably have "Armor of Light" which is really only useful in crucible right now since it grants you bonus armor while you are IN the bubble and completely goes away when you step out.
Blessings of light is next which gives you an overshield when you step in and out of the bubble (helpful for oryx)
Weapons of light (the last row - same node where you get the res for your warlock) is what we generally need for the other parts of the raid since we want damage increases for steps like the Warpriest, Ogre, and the Sisters.

so when they said your bubble was useless, they were telling the truth :lol:

ah ok then you should be in then. worse case, ill step aside for you guys and play IB in search of another ghost for ma familia.

the titan... you gotta unlock that class.

you currently probably have "Armor of Light" which is really only useful in crucible right now since it grants you bonus armor while you are IN the bubble and completely goes away when you step out.
Blessings of light is next which gives you an overshield when you step in and out of the bubble (helpful for oryx)
Weapons of light (the last row - same node where you get the res for your warlock) is what we generally need for the other parts of the raid since we want damage increases for steps like the Warpriest, Ogre, and the Sisters.

so when they said your bubble was useless, they were telling the truth :lol:
FYI I have now unlocked blessings of light...Come get your temporary shields here boys

My Titan shield brings all the boys to the yard?

And my shield, is better than yours?

Trying to run it with yall. Last resort is always LFG if time is running out. Random are either good or bad. Literally. I used those dudes and left last night. I'm like why do I feel guilty? I'm Fleece. Fleecey baby. Love, fleece and hair grease. So I hit them with the "I'll be right back" and appeared offline and left FOH.

One dude I saw running off right after I killed a knight. Except it looked like he ran before the knight was dead. I called him out he said "I saw him die what's the problem". I'm like OH YOU GOT A MOUTHPIECE ON YOU HUH? Where you live? You got your n******* with you? Cause I do. I will destroy you. Stomp your punk a****** black and blue.

AY MAN.....A BUBBLE IS BETTER THAN NO BUBBLE. I DID MY PART. I'm an OG. I just throw a bubble up and watch everyone shoot. Lmfao.

Last edited:
@TimShepard I'm dead over here :lol:

we have 7 people that said they wanted to roll so far. if all 7 hop on then ill bow out and play IB.

hey Un (@Ace93 who da best bubbler right now... Sup or Fleece? :lol:

Last edited:
@TimShepard I'm dead over here :lol:

we have 7 people that said they wanted to roll so far. if all 7 hop on then ill bow out and play IB.

hey Un (@Ace93 who da best bubbler right now... Sup or Fleece? :lol:
Lmaooo it was real last night

AND usually we can't get 7 replies now we got 7 people lmao

If you bow out that will defeat the purpose as you normally lead the raid lol. If you coming out, I'm not doing it. Who gonna lead us? SHOTTA!? [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

^ JOKE of the year right there boy

Back
Top Bottom