*| | Denim _ School | |*

I'm going to get a pair of Petit Standars soon, they seem like the perfect fit

I have PS now been wearing them since October but I'm not really liking them too much. Petite New Standards are a new fit (i think they're new) but just saw them. Supposedly they're between the PS and NS which seems perfect

anyone interested in buying some samurai 710xx 15th anniversary sz 32? unwashed... its way too small for me

I recently washed my pair of Nudie's that went nearly 1.5 years without washing. I pulled them out and noticed no fade/wear lines. Is it safe to safe the dye won't bleed anymore/create wear spots due to the wash?

I recently washed my pair of Nudie's that went nearly 1.5 years without washing. I pulled them out and noticed no fade/wear lines. Is it safe to safe the dye won't bleed anymore/create wear spots due to the wash?

Damn....that sucks. I feel like that was a waste of 1.5 years of wearing. Maybe a couple of more washes might help?

no it's not safe to say that. keep wearing and enjoy. washing does not make fades that weren't already there appear out of nowhere, nor does it ruin the denim's ability to wear and fade nicely

Only real thing I saw with some GAP denim. This was posted in April, so he got the jeans last year. Not the best but not the worst either.

IMG_1746.JPG

http://alexandergrant.blogspot.com/2012/04/diy-washing-selvage-denim.html
yo that is the most beautiful pair of denim I've ever seen 

a peice of my collection :

im thinking of selling my apc's PS and skinny gaps selvage since they're too big for me now. im thinking about going with some nudies for the next pair of denims i want to wear down. sucks cause i didn't even get to wear in the apc's that much nor the gaps so they got a lot of indigo color to em still. :smh: anyhow should i size down in nudies? think i'm goin with thin finns. also anyone know where i can catch some deals on nudies?

Last edited:
Washed my Unbranded denim and wore them while they dried. Now I have stiff "pointy" knees in the denim. Anyone have any methods to get rid of this besides rewashing? 

Washed my Unbranded denim and wore them while they dried. Now I have stiff "pointy" knees in the denim. Anyone have any methods to get rid of this besides rewashing? 
Why would you wear them while they dried? Is this common?
Don't know if it's common. I did it to stretch them out which worked perfectly! Went from having to lay down to button the top button to being able to button it comfortably. 

People wear them damp to establish the creases as they dry. Assuming you walked or sat while wearing them, the knees did not get the max shrinkage so it bulges out

Last edited:
Should I wash my raw denim been like 4 months of wearing
if its excessively dirty yes, if not then its still a lil' too soon unless you wore them pretty hard. IMO i only wash them depending on how hard/long I've been wearing it. I try to stick to that 6 month rule.

This. Just look at my pair above. Worn a year and a half as well. They still feel stiff after washing. Some color definitely faded (I didn't use woolite dark, just regular tide) but not too much. The jeans are still dark and starchy. Fit a little tighter like when I first got them. I'm gonna keep wearing them again because the lines are just gonna get better.

Super thankful for the insight! Thanks fellas.

Last edited:
Here's Gap's new selvedge slim fits with the leather patch on the back (sorry, i forgot a back shot). The fit is kinda like a tapered fit, however it's not as roomy in the crotch and thigh area compared to tapered pants.
I went true to size, these are a 30x32:

I couldn't wear the slim fit. They always look fine on others but I straight look like i am wearing tights.

I have a bunch of slim and tapered jeans, need to add a straight fit to the rotation. Sometimes having more room is a nice change. Will probably try out the straight fit made in Japan denim at Uniqlo.

liking those MINOTAURO..gonna go into Gap tomorrow to check 'em out myself.

Definitely worth the try in person.

I couldn't wear the slim fit. They always look fine on others but I straight look like i am wearing tights.

It really depends are your legs. I saw the model pic and it almost looked like straight pants; however, they look like tapered pants on me cuz i have short stubby legs :x , but god bless i don't have cankles :lol:
They do have regular straight leg selvedges. It's definitey worth the try and one of the best looking/fitting raw denims for its price.

wow. I have no idea how he did that. I wore mine for a for 10 months before washing and there was barely any contrast. No whiskers on mine, There are some honeycombs tho.

they are actually darker than they appear ( originally indigo)

I will say these are the best fit ive ever had. I got a sz 34x32, and the waist stretched to about a 35-35.5''.

I have them same gap jeans. They come with some of the distressed look already. As far as the pocket I'm not sure how he did it. I wear mine a good amount with wallet in back pocket and nothing lol

Currently fighting temptation against buying another pair of Petit Standards :frown:

I have them same gap jeans. They come with some of the distressed look already. As far as the pocket I'm not sure how he did it. I wear mine a good amount with wallet in back pocket and nothing lol
same, wore mine for a good bit amount of time when i first got them, not the distressed ones but the reg. selvage and have no results. anyway I just picked up some nudies thin finn dry ecru emb and i'm loving the fit just kinda worried if they'll stretch on me...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom