*| | Denim _ School | |*

got some N&F weird guys a little while ago a little tighter than i'm used to, and man, the break in period is the worst...

i can't wear em every day like i've been able to in the past, feel like they're never going to be "right"...

For anyone looking for starter pairs or anybody new to raw denim, I suggest looking at Gilt. Every few weeks they almost always have a Raw Denim sale, usually with N&F. I got a pair of raw PRPS demons for $50 from there

There is 3 different PRPs labels so it depends what your looking for

Prps Good and Co. $150-200
PRPs original line $300-500
Prps Noir very limited hand made $700+

I just put my jeans in hot tub water and leave it for like an hour. Also washed it with detergent to get that smell out. Most people wash it in cold to preserve the indigo, but not me though. I dont give a #$%& about all dat. Looks nicer the more it fades. And I like the shrinkage. it all depends on what you want. And also, this thread is lacking on the pics.

1.5 years, 3 washes :smile:

dang yo, didn't know 501s can get fades like this. :nerd:

Last edited:
501 STFs fade beautifully. It just takes forever because they are loaded with starch and take forever to break in

501 STFs fade beautifully. It just takes forever because they are loaded with starch and take forever to break in

Nah fam that's where you're wrong haha. The starch helps the fades come faster because of all the friction/rubbing. The only bad part is the crotch holes develop too fast if you don't wash it early. And they took me about a week or two to break in. Those were my first pair of raw denim so I didn't know what to expect. Currently wearing Naked and Famous Elephant 2 denim right now. Once I get my first wash in, I'll update with pics.

Last edited:
I have been looking at denim for the past couple of weeks hard and was going to get some Nudies at first and then just some standard 501s but stumbled upon a GAP sale and got some raw selvage jeans for like $40. Going to give these a try and see if this is an investment that I want to do for a better pair.

Don't ever buy nudies srs. It is a big waste of money. Either go Levis 501 STF or go to the big leagues. For example, Japan Blue, or Sugarcane. Nothing in between. I know that N&F isn't the greatest either, but I really couldn't resist the 22 oz. for a reasonable price. APC's are ok. I don't buy them because they look just like STF's to me, but obviously the quality is better. But yea I must repeat Nudies are a waste of money. Post pics of the GAP if you can!

Last edited:
I am already off on a bad start in hardly wearing the jeans. I blame it on my day job but I even intended on wearing the jeans just at night, even when sitting in front of my computer.

Anyways......these are the jeans from the GAP site. Got the jeans 40% off in store. Weird enough there is another pair of raw denim that was online and I read the reviews (I know...who does that) and there seamed to be so many people comparing these to another set of jeans released 3 years ago. Seems as though GAP went cheap, which I am not surprised. The ones I have now seemed more odd fit (straight through cut) with no tapered look but for me, I think it looks better since I don't look right in skinny or tapered jeans.

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?vid=1&pid=153077002

cn4984433.jpg

Still, what is the harm in trying them. It was either these or 501s and I've had 501s my whole life and never wore them past a year, let a long a year straight. We'll see how these turn out.

And thanks for that Nudie recommendation. I have no idea why I wanted them but I seriously will take someone else's opinion over mine. I'll never buy a pair and will look into another brand in the future.

Looking for a pair of black waxed denim..ANyone know any good brands out there that makes these?

Nudies black coated/Discontinue though
Zara
OakNyc
H&m
Go to atrium you bond to find a pair from different brands
Or you can simply make your own

if the gap jeans you bought are the ones with the line in the middle of the back pockets, then i have them and they werent that good to me. My first pair of selvedge jeans was the old gap ones that had the plain pockets and those were really nice. If you can check out urban outfitters for a pair of unbranded's. im on a pair of those now and i think those are the best bang for your buck

I have a pair of gap raw selvadge that I bought last may. While I love them, they dont produce fades or anything like that

if the gap jeans you bought are the ones with the line in the middle of the back pockets, then i have them and they werent that good to me. My first pair of selvedge jeans was the old gap ones that had the plain pockets and those were really nice. If you can check out urban outfitters for a pair of unbranded's. im on a pair of those now and i think those are the best bang for your buck

There were no lines in the back. For the most part, just a normal pocket. I am sure they are the same quality though. Can't imagine them being better.

I've tried looking online for some results on GAP denim and found very few pics. The couple I saw didn't produce great results. I guess I am fine with it. They can just be another pair of dark denim in my closet.

I have a pair of gap raw selvadge that I bought last may. While I love them, they dont produce fades or anything like that

How were the creasings? Did they at least mold to your legs with the whiskers and honey combs and what not? I'd actually just be fine with that without the fading.

Quick consensus: I've been wearing 514's a lot but they've been looking a little too baggy on me. I'm thinking of buying a pair of 511's but I don't want my jeans to look too skinny. Any suggestions?

Here are my NF skinny guys 1 year 7 months 0 washes. Haven't been wearing them as much as I would like to, hence the minimal contrast in the fades. Trying to shed some pounds so I'm going to wait for the 2 year mark before washing and hemming.

Quick consensus: I've been wearing 514's a lot but they've been looking a little too baggy on me. I'm thinking of buying a pair of 511's but I don't want my jeans to look too skinny. Any suggestions?
i used to wear 514's too but they seem really baggy. try the 508's they're roomy at the top like the 501's but the leg opening is the same as the 511's

Back
Top Bottom