*| | Denim _ School | |*

anyone know the estimate of how much it'll cost to get the waist of my jeans altered smaller? I made a mistake of getting some jeans my actual size :\

^^^^Man.....I don't know why but I still love distressed jeans. I mena I wouldn't wear a pair and some like Affliction shirt. Just that and a plane white tee. Those look cool but not into the back pockets with all that logo stitching.

^^^^Man.....I don't know why but I still love distressed jeans. I mena I wouldn't wear a pair and some like Affliction shirt. Just that and a plane white tee. Those look cool but not into the back pockets with all that logo stitching.

I still love jeans like this too, hence my PRPS love

They do it best IMO

I should of looked more into it before washing my denim. N&F Weird Guys are ruined now, they feel awful crotch is about to tear too. Might just give them away to Goodwill.

APC wasn't too bad, used woolite dark but still doesn't have the same feel or fit like it was before.

Anyone try the APC Petit New Standard?

I still love jeans like this too, hence my PRPS love

They do it best IMO
^ Co-sighn Prps and RRl are basically the only brands I buy when it comes to Jeans.

Really want these Limited Edition PRPS Barrucaduda jeans from Atrium but the price tag cost more than my monthly rent.

I should of looked more into it before washing my denim. N&F Weird Guys are ruined now, they feel awful crotch is about to tear too. Might just give them away to Goodwill.

APC wasn't too bad, used woolite dark but still doesn't have the same feel or fit like it was before.

Crotch blow outs happen no matter what if you wear your jeans hard.. just get them repaired for 20$ bucks

Unbranded and great jeans but do take a little longer to fade... Just keep wearing them and they will look great

Gap selvedge is CRAP and will not fade... mostly because they do not come with any starch in them really and the dye is crap and denim is to light weight

here are my Uniqlo MIJ after a year of abuse... 2 washes at 10 months and 12 months and  1 soak at 7 months

Crotch blow outs happen no matter what if you wear your jeans hard.. just get them repaired for 20$ bucks

Unbranded and great jeans but do take a little longer to fade... Just keep wearing them and they will look great

Gap selvedge is CRAP and will not fade... mostly because they do not come with any starch in them really and the dye is crap and denim is to light weight

here are my Uniqlo MIJ after a year of abuse... 2 washes at 10 months and 12 months and  1 soak at 7 months

Whoa. Are you serious? Uniqlo's denim is decent? Does the raw denim their come periodically? I swear I didn't see any when I was in the SF store.

I have a pair of gap raw selvadge that I bought last may. While I love them, they dont produce fades or anything like that

How were the creasings? Did they at least mold to your legs with the whiskers and honey combs and what not? I'd actually just be fine with that without the fading.

Only real thing I saw with some GAP denim. This was posted in April, so he got the jeans last year. Not the best but not the worst either.

IMG_1746.JPG

http://alexandergrant.blogspot.com/2012/04/diy-washing-selvage-denim.html

wow. I have no idea how he did that. I wore mine for a for 10 months before washing and there was barely any contrast. No whiskers on mine, There are some honeycombs tho.

they are actually darker than they appear ( originally indigo)

I will say these are the best fit ive ever had. I got a sz 34x32, and the waist stretched to about a 35-35.5''.

Last edited:
I am already off on a bad start in hardly wearing the jeans. I blame it on my day job but I even intended on wearing the jeans just at night, even when sitting in front of my computer.

Anyways......these are the jeans from the GAP site. Got the jeans 40% off in store. Weird enough there is another pair of raw denim that was online and I read the reviews (I know...who does that) and there seamed to be so many people comparing these to another set of jeans released 3 years ago. Seems as though GAP went cheap, which I am not surprised. The ones I have now seemed more odd fit (straight through cut) with no tapered look but for me, I think it looks better since I don't look right in skinny or tapered jeans.

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?vid=1&pid=153077002

cn4984433.jpg

Still, what is the harm in trying them. It was either these or 501s and I've had 501s my whole life and never wore them past a year, let a long a year straight. We'll see how these turn out.

And thanks for that Nudie recommendation. I have no idea why I wanted them but I seriously will take someone else's opinion over mine. I'll never buy a pair and will look into another brand in the future.

Yo bro, i just bought a pair a few days ago. Unfortunately the 40% off didn't apply to me at the time (it excluded all denims). But i managed to get $15 off by signing up to their email. I tried these on in store and they look :smokin . If you're into the the slim look with the slim stacks, then these are ideal. It could just be my body type because I have big calves and thighs. I was told their raw denim does not produce enough fades, however these are a newer version with a leather patch in the back that replaced the printed 1969 (so i hope they were made differently for fades). Their pants feel slightly lighter than unbranded's 14.5oz, which may be the reason why people claim they don't fade. All pants fade over time, so just don't wash them :lol:
I'll post some pics of how they fit when i get them in

Last edited:

I'm going to get a pair of Petit Standars soon, they seem like the perfect fit

^ cmon fellas enough with the faces, lets not turn this thread into Myspace. Btw jonathango, name of girl in avy? :smokin

Back
Top Bottom