*| | Denim _ School | |*

I have a sudden interest of getting in the raw demin club but gained a little bit of weight>D . I pulled the trigger on the shrink to fit 501 as a cheaper alternative until I go back to where I wanna be. Anyone have experience with these?

Way too baggy, IMO. They make me look heavier than I am.

Maybe a little looser. They have a smaller leg opening than 501s though. Sharp Bengt are the loosest Nudies they make. Same rise as 501s.

average joe's are the loosest

then hank rey

then sharp bengt

Straight alf is somewhere inbetween those 3, but i believe they're discontinued.

edit

You're actually right

Average joe's just have a wider leg opening

Last edited:
Maybe a little looser. They have a smaller leg opening than 501s though. Sharp Bengt are the loosest Nudies they make. Same rise as 501s.

average joe's are the loosest

then hank rey

then sharp bengt

Straight alf is somewhere inbetween those 3, but i believe they're discontinued.

edit

You're actually right

Average joe's just have a wider leg opening

Yeah, Sharp Bengt are listed as the loosest. All the measurements are on the Nudie site.

Finally found the perfect fit for me. Feels good man.

APC Petit New Standard. This is NOT the "Petit Standard," this is a new fit that is basically in between the fit of the New Standard and the Petit Standard. It has a higher rise, similar to the New Standard, than the Petit, and it has roomier thighs, similar or a bit slimmer than the New Standard but nowhere near as slim as the Petit Standard. The bottom half from the knee down tapers to the same leg opening size as the Petit Standard.

Basically, it has been a beautiful struggle for me with my relationship with APC jeans until now. Spent a lot of money and went through a lot of trouble but finally found the perfect fit (previously bought the New Standards, Petit Standards, and Rescues, and ended up returning or selling all of them)

If you are like me, slim but athletic build (larger thighs than skinny kids), and wanted a slim, but not skinny fitting jean, you probably found the following:

-New Standard- Too loose. Thigh is ok but the taper at the bottom too wide. 

Petit Standard - Slim fit but too tight in the thigh. Athletes tend to have larger thighs. Ever see NBA players wear slim fit jeans (i.e Dwyane Wade and Russell Westbrook, you can see how unflattering the skinny jean is to their atheltic build, especially the thigh area)

Petit New Standard: Finally got it right. Roomier thigh, still slim but not skin tight, and tapered leg. Plus the rise is high similar to the New Standards which I love, I personally am not a fan of the low rise jean. 

If you are like me and have been struggling to find that right fit, look no more, try on these Petit New Standards. 

Here's a link

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=3941

You're totally right man. I just purchased my first APC's today and they are PNS. I didn't see your post til after the fact but these jeans by far are the best fitting jeans I've ever had and I say that as they are in their super raw state. I didn't know that PNS were new though, I tried the NS but nothing beats the tapered leg which is all new to me and it opens up a whole new world when rocking kicks since the cuff of your jeans will sit on top of the shoe. The only thing I didn't like is the 34" inseam, I took my joints straight to my tailor to get hemmed.

You're totally right man. I just purchased my first APC's today and they are PNS. I didn't see your post til after the fact but these jeans by far are the best fitting jeans I've ever had and I say that as they are in their super raw state. I didn't know that PNS were new though, I tried the NS but nothing beats the tapered leg which is all new to me and it opens up a whole new world when rocking kicks since the cuff of your jeans will sit on top of the shoe. The only thing I didn't like is the 34" inseam, I took my joints straight to my tailor to get hemmed.

You nailed it man lol. I actually had no idea about the Petit New Standards until I saw them on ebay and thought a seller made a mistake in the title lol.

The ONLY thing I would change about em is the amount of tapering. Other than that they are really what I've been looking for.

I just bought a pair of 501s to replace the ones had had (sat on gum). I did the pre-soak but I do want to get them slimmed/tapered. Would it be redundant to wear them to work on my fades before I get them tailored?

I still want to buy like a pair of 3sixteen or a pair around that price range but just needed a pair for the mean time.

Sorry guys, haven't been keeping up with the thread

is it possible to still develop the "honey comb" effect after giving your jeans a wash? :nerd:

Yup!
which kind of wash? :nerd:

I did the sand in the beach thing with my APCs but been rocking these RRL for a minute now.

Any kind of wash, really. If it's decent denim you will get a honey comb effect

http://shop.nudiejeans.com/en/product/2380/org-blue-note

Any one got these? True to size? How these fit

I had a pair of those a few years back. They are pretty loose on the thigh/seat but have a great taper. I would recommend sizing down 1-2. Mine stretched more than an inch in the waist.

I've been looking into denim stuff in the last couple of days and hate to say I want to give it a try.

Just one dumb question though? Is there normally a life span with doing the raw denim treatment? Like after a year or two of hard wear and wash, does it get to a point where you just don't even want to wear them no more and start a new pair? I just think that is a costly investment to not wear these jeans in the long run. I was even looking at Nudies lab treatments and would even just get that and wear them for a good couple of years without having to always wear them everyday.

I've been looking into denim stuff in the last couple of days and hate to say I want to give it a try.

Just one dumb question though? Is there normally a life span with doing the raw denim treatment? Like after a year or two of hard wear and wash, does it get to a point where you just don't even want to wear them no more and start a new pair? I just think that is a costly investment to not wear these jeans in the long run. I was even looking at Nudies lab treatments and would even just get that and wear them for a good couple of years without having to always wear them everyday.

I think most people have a rotation of raw denim which they wear, which is a good idea. Granted - if you only have one pair of denim you're working on it does get kind of boring.

I only have one raw, one non raw but I can't wear jeans everyday and it's like $700 worth of denim so I'm good lol

It's time for me to soak/wash my 501STF's... Anyone want to help a lazy bro out and give the best method?

I just put my jeans in hot tub water and leave it for like an hour. Also washed it with detergent to get that smell out. Most people wash it in cold to preserve the indigo, but not me though. I dont give a #$%& about all dat. Looks nicer the more it fades. And I like the shrinkage. it all depends on what you want. And also, this thread is lacking on the pics.

1.5 years, 3 washes :smile:

it all depends on you imo. depending on how often you wear it and how you wear it, the same pair worn today may not even look/feel like the pair 1-2 years later.

although it can be a costly investment to make, there are always brands that offer their denim at a discounted price (urban outfitters, gap). you can always give those a try, and if it doesn't work out then you wont have to shell out $200+ later

It's up to you, bruh'. What is recommended when it comes to purchasing and wearing raw denim is to pretty much wear it everyday and get it as dirty as possible, and then finally wash it. Granted you may not actually wear it everyday, but its recommended. 

(Nudies are overpriced for the quality they put out)

Back
Top Bottom