*| | Denim _ School | |*

I have a pair of nudies. No complaints besides the fact that I hate how easily the black denim gets white spots when you brush against something. I remember guys on here talking down on Nudies back in the day..

Is there a quick/easy way to get rid of these? I recently copped my first pair of black jeans in a LONG time and I'm seeing all these white marks after wearing them only once.

I’m working on month three of weekly wear of 3 pairs and haven’t considered washing yet
Gonna wait till 4 months and do a bath tub wash on em unless something makes me wash em sooner

Bathtub soak/agitate/hang dry for me personally but even one of the self edge nyc employees told me he just machine washes on cold so maybe I do too much
Nah, man. You’re good. Selvedge jeans are expensive. I take my time as well. I was just curious what your guys’s methods are. Im sort of new to selvedge jeans. I only soak my jeans, same methods you do, but I never once washed them in the machine.

Just wash em. If you worried of losing too much indigo then put it in a gentle cycle.

I don’t iron my jeans. I just wear them as is. The wrinkles come off within minutes to hours. It’s stretches back out. Nah, I really take my time for now. Maybe when I stop caring for the jeans I’ll start running through the wash cycle
Being wrinkled might be worse than pineapple on pizza. Distressing and holes are cool though :lol:

I mean over a LONG time yeah they lose some weight but otherwise they just get softer
Heaviest I own is 14.5 and I haven’t hit a point where it’s “too much” I’m thinking next pair is gunna BE slightly heavier
I’m leaning towards a pair of ONI

20oz Onis are great! had a pair that i wore into the ground. i really needs to get another pair

it all feels like a suit of armor the first 2-3 wears but at this point i dont feel a noticeable difference
been trying to not spend money but i'll prolly end up getting something new in the next two weeks

idk if it was just the Onis (since it was my first and only 20oz denim), but they didn’t feel that thick and heavy. they were pretty wearable for the get go

Maybe next year. I’m going to work with the 16.5 slub I currently have. See how that turns out in a year. Get a better understanding on selvedge denim. I have two other jeans I keep in my rotation that are much lighter, but sort of messed these up in my noob days. Soaked them way too early. It’s still starchy and I think there’s still hope for them. Just gotta see in a few months or so

I just wash my jeans in the machine, use a detergent without color enhancers and take them out before the spin cycle. Soaking is really beneficial if you want to keep your stacks.

I've had raws for 12 years, it's best to just wash your jeans when dirty. Washing can help prevent blow outs too. When I first got into raws I did the tub wash as well, the lack of agitation doesn't clean em very well.

Got these raw Ricks off grailed, just got back from hem, should be a fun pair

C3BD0DED-1444-4C20-B4EA-245DABD2C477.jpeg

EB96128F-F820-422E-AAE8-DC7C7B62DFC6.jpeg

AD4A5D8A-67FE-4682-AD45-AC7F5669A151.jpeg

2FEFD04B-4C04-4FE9-8869-23E405D20E2A.jpeg

nice pick up

Where do you guys get them hemmed at? I’m from Cali, I take them to railcar.

yeah, I’m so new to selvedge. Been wanting a pair for a while. I’m just learning as I go.

Only ever seen blacked out stuff from the rick Owens dark shadow line like the waxy looking jeans self edge carries
these are pretty nice lookin tho
What’s the weight on em ?

Only ever seen blacked out stuff from the rick Owens dark shadow line like the waxy looking jeans self edge carries
these are pretty nice lookin tho
What’s the weight on em ?
Been trying to figure that out myself. My guess is 12 or 14 based on other jeans I’ve owned.

Back
Top Bottom