*| | Denim _ School | |*

What are you guy's top 5 denim on the market? I've been wanting to get some quality jeans for a while. Price isn't really an issue, just want some quality denim. Not a fan of the really skinny stuff, but I want a tapered fit.

Last edited:
What are you guy's top 5 denim on the market? I've been wanting to get some quality jeans for a while. Price isn't really an issue, just want some quality denim. Not a fan of the really skinny stuff, but I want a tapered fit.

its real subjective and based on personal preference but IMO
in no particular order

Studio D'Artisan
Pure Blue Japan
Sugar Cane Denim
ONI denim
Samurai
MOMOTARO
IRON HEART
THE STRIKE GOLD

just to name a few of my favs
i would say PBJ has the most rustic neppy feel personally
iron heart is where youre gonna get your heavier rugged stiff denim
studio d to me has the most "artisinal" feel

most if not all offer a slim tapered fit too

again all personal preference

I have a pair of nudies. No complaints besides the fact that I hate how easily the black denim gets white spots when you brush against something. I remember guys on here talking down on Nudies back in the day..

D2AEE321-FF63-4543-A694-22B142105D87.jpeg

B-82 BELT N SOME SMELLY PROOF SOCKS FROM STUDIO D

Big fan of Nudie Jeans when they're on sale, incredible organic cotton.

Personally stopped wearing selvage, found them uncomfortable and hot.
This. I used to hate on Nudie but at a certain price point, they've become some of my favorite jeans. Check Cultizm, they're always running some kind of discount and the VAT deduction.

Big fan of Nudie Jeans when they're on sale, incredible organic cotton.

Personally stopped wearing selvage, found them uncomfortable and hot.

Which Nudie jeans are the closest to a true slim? Looks like it's between the Thin Finn, Lean Dean and Grim Tim?

I wanna say the Lean Dean which is what I’m currently wearing. However, I could see some saying that these may lean on the skinnier side of slim.

I have a pair of denim that’s 16.5 oz. This is the heaviest I own. I was just wondering if it loses its weight with wear, soak, etc.? I notice they appear more fitted compared to my other denim, and they’re all the same specs.

I have a pair of denim that’s 16.5 oz. This is the heaviest I own. I was just wondering if it loses its weight with wear, soak, etc.? I notice they appear more fitted compared to my other denim, and they’re all the same specs.

I mean over a LONG time yeah they lose some weight but otherwise they just get softer
Heaviest I own is 14.5 and I haven’t hit a point where it’s “too much” I’m thinking next pair is gunna BE slightly heavier
I’m leaning towards a pair of ONI

Which Nudie jeans are the closest to a true slim? Looks like it's between the Thin Finn, Lean Dean and Grim Tim?
I wear Grim Tim , think these are closest to a true slim. On the Nudie website they show you all their jeans going from slimmest to widest.

I forgot all about this thread. What kind of Denim jackets are you guys wearing? Anyone into the type 1 and 2 jackets?

Currently doing a type III style jacket but oversized from FEAR OF GOD
it’s black Japanese selvedge with some black alpaca blend lining
was thinking of snatching up a blue jacket in a slimmer fit from iron heart or ONI
Not sure what my next move is tho

i used to wear a vintage blue lee riders jacket until i gave it away,
now i just wear a black acne jean jacket
Cool. I'm for sure a fan of Lee Vintage. It's the main reason why I have TCB's "Catboy" jacket. It's their take on the Lee Cowboy jacket.

I wanna say the Lean Dean which is what I’m currently wearing. However, I could see some saying that these may lean on the skinnier side of slim.

I'm looking at getting some Lean Dean's, my question is I'm either a 36 x30 or a 36 x32, what do you think I should go with? Not sure how they run?

^inseam length is more cut and dry than waist

if you get the 32" you can always have them shortened if too long

but check nudie website...they have measurements which I've found to be reliable most of the time

What is a good brand for chinos? I've been looking for a long time with no luck.
Rogue Territory has some nice ones but they are far from cheap. Good quality though. I used to rock with Uniqlo too before they got rid of the stretch skinny. I'm curious about Rag & Bone's fit 1 chinos, too.

What is a good brand for chinos? I've been looking for a long time with no luck.

STEVENSON OVERALL CO. makes a few colors, 100% cotton made in Japan
Pure Blue japan has a 12oz Japanese Selvedge 100% Cotton Chino (PBJ Original) chino
Iron Heart makes a BLACK 9oz Cold Mercerized Selvedge Chino Fabric
all in the 3 hundo range which to me is steep since it aint denim but whatever

200 range look at 3sixteen

cheaper than that? you prolly in the wrong thread

:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom