*| | Denim _ School | |*

I'm working on a tapered pair of unbrandeds right now you'll be happy with the fit and quality specially at it's price point.

So on another note I've decided to just wash my denim like any other jean and see what happens. From watching YouTube videos and reading different things I've come to the personal opinion of that fadeds depend on wear not length of time not washed. Once again my theory and I'm a test it out I feel gross not washing my denim lol.

if you've ever seen a pair of "one wash" dark denim, that's what there gonna look like. I've washed jeans too early before and I hated how they looked. they look weird with the indigo washed out but no fades.

if you feel they need to be cleaned I would just soak them in soapy water maybe.

if you've ever seen a pair of "one wash" dark denim, that's what there gonna look like. I've washed jeans too early before and I hated how they looked. they look weird with the indigo washed out but no fades.

if you feel they need to be cleaned I would just soak them in soapy water maybe.

Oh of course I've had that happen as well but I'm a go the hand wash method and see how it goes i also have a pair of h&m bootleg selvaged denim im a try it on first.

Oh and what detergent do you guys recommend on using, woollite?

Last edited:
Contrast us what makes fades awesome in my opinion. As was stated above, I've washed jeans too early and the result was underwhelming. I'm just about at six months on my PS but I will probably wait until around ten months until they touch water so I can do an ocean soak in the summer.

Dudes, just wear your jeans and wash them when you think they need it.

Also, don't forget that washing can help prevent blowouts. If you're wearing the same pants for 10 months odds are they'll blowout before you get to wash them for the first time.

idk how you expect to get anywhere wearing em 2x a week lol

if your not gonna put in the work or baby out and wash your jeans early idk why you guys bother with raw denim

Contrast us what makes fades awesome in my opinion. As was stated above, I've washed jeans too early and the result was underwhelming. I'm just about at six months on my PS but I will probably wait until around ten months until they touch water so I can do an ocean soak in the summer.

don't see the point of an "ocean soak". all the water comes from the ocean b

Last edited:

if your not gonna put in the work or baby out and wash your jeans early idk why you guys bother with raw denim

Salt water plus sand, b

Well dam sorry :frown:

Chill my man :lol: There are no official rules to rocking raw denim....

Similar to everything, you gotta realize there are gonna be plenty of people interested in the same thing for different reasons. It's not all about super high contrast fades, even if that is your goal.

Personally I always have a fairly new pair of raws in my rotation that have yet to fade at all. I've always thought the original dark indigo is :pimp: and even when a nice pair starts to fade, I need a pair that's still dark & looking new too :pimp:

Similar to everything, you gotta realize there are gonna be plenty of people interested in the same thing for different reasons. It's not all about super high contrast fades, even if that is your goal.

Personally I always have a fairly new pair of raws in my rotation that have yet to fade at all. I've always thought the original dark indigo is :pimp: and even when a nice pair starts to fade, I need a pair that's still dark & looking new too :pimp:

Yup. I hate fades on my denim, but I like dark indigo washes and thick texture. That's why I always have a pair or two of raw denim in my closet

You are doing it wrong! Haha. Playin'...playin'.

If I could wear them to work I would but I can't, only wear em on my down time and days off so pretty much twice a week for me, plus once the weather warms up in SoCal no way in hell I'm I wearing them lol. In 5 years I'm sure I'll have good fades lol.

If I could wear them to work I would but I can't, only wear em on my down time and days off so pretty much twice a week for me, plus once the weather warms up in SoCal no way in hell I'm I wearing them lol. In 5 years I'm sure I'll have good fades lol.

I am just playin yo. I only said that cause I know what you mean. I wear slacks 5 days in the week and the last thing I want to do is go home and wear jeans just roaming in my apartment just to add some initial wear. Because of that, I am a weekend warrior too but the jeans that seem to be finally fading for me, I've had since 2007 and have been wearing a little bit here and there throughout the years. Just kind of funny hearing people say those things but I guess I understand that as well. I hardly even wear sneakers and I am sure to someone, they'd be super mad at me for not rocking my shoes.

Had a gift card to Macy's, so I picked up some Levi 510's. Went with a 31 x 30 which I was able to get into, albeit the fit is tight. What can I expect in terms of stretching?

I've had my fair share of 501s and most commonly, all of them had issues with the knee caps stretching. Although most of it had to do with me skating in them and sweating in them but that area always got worked the most. If you don't do anything crazy like that, then I am sure they will be fine.

I like crispy raw denim as well. I'm talking about dudes that want their cake and and to eat it too b, dudes want fades but want to wash their jeans every month, I'm just saying it doesn't work like that. it's gonna be one way or the other. seems like people are buying raw denim just to buy it at this point, not because they like it. all I'm saying is you can't expect fades if you wear you jeans twice a week. if it doesn't fit your lifestyle just keep them raw and crispy or buy something pre-distressed. I don't have any raw denim right now for that exact reason, I know I'm not gonna wear em enough

Last edited:
Anyone try out Gustin? Thoughts?
Yea i backed a pair in the summer, the heavy americans. Takes about two months to finally get them. To me the quality on them is pretty nice, definitely for the price i paid. I also have a pair of unbrandeds which is in the same pricerance and quality wise would say I definitely prefer the gustins for sure. The only problem I have with them is the fit for me personally. I went with the straight fit and the legs are little baggier than i would like, but from the sizing chart the slims leg opening was little to small. I would ideally prefer something in between both of the fits they offer but might eventually try their slim fit.

^^^^I had some Cheap Mondays a long time ago. Not even sure if they were raws or not. Didn't seem like they were any better then Levi's 501. Actually at the time, I didn't like the fit more so than anything but seeing how tapered jeans are in, I am almost sure I'd wear them over 501s since I finally think 501s are too big. I think for the price, they are worth shot.

the cheap mondays i had fit weird

they weren't raw denim tho so I can't really speak on that

Back
Top Bottom