*| | Denim _ School | |*

Just pulled the trigger on some Flat Head F2001 Slim Heavyweight. 16oz, unsanforized, low rise :smokin

I'll post pics when they arrive.

Just pulled the trigger on some Flat Head F2001 Slim Heavyweight. 16oz, unsanforized, low rise :smokin

I'll post pics when they arrive.

I don't see how you guys pull the online trigger on all this Japanese denim without knowing how it fits or even feels. how do you even choose between one brand or the other?

^Read up on it. Self Edge has the exact measurements listed, as well as shrinkage / stretch estimates, so I just compared them to my other jeans measurements. Still a risk for sure... hope they're not too tight. 

Last edited:
The GQ Baldwin collab Selvedge is the TRUTH... Fit is on point (somewhere between skinny and slim at the waist and thighs but has an awesome taper from the knees down) and its very thick and rigid, but breaks in quick...

Oh and for $38, I aint complaining...

^
So does anyone know if Baldwin brand jeans are good too? I've never heard of them except for the gap collab.

Where are you guys still finding the Gap deals?

Figured they'd be sold out over a week ago, but I've definitely been enjoying the Japanese Selvedge pair I picked up for $16 :pimp:
lburna8484 hooked me up w/ the GQ Baldwin pair as well, completely agree, they are nicer than the regular Gaps.

The GQ Baldwin collab Selvedge is the TRUTH... Fit is on point (somewhere between skinny and slim at the waist and thighs but has an awesome taper from the knees down) and its very thick and rigid, but breaks in quick...

Oh and for $38, I aint complaining...

I have the 1969 selvedge skinnys, but I'd love to check the Balwins out. I keep hearing good things about them.

where are you guys finding these gap jeans for happy meal prices? 
laugh.gif

Pacsun had a nice little presidents day sale. Picked up 2 pairs of bullheads and a pair of 514 Levi's. Total cost came to $15 = $5 a pair. Real nice. And for $15 for 3 pairs of jeans, I mean you can't beat it

I have the 1969 selvedge skinnys, but I'd love to check the Balwins out. I keep hearing good things about them.
i picked up the 1969 slim, but i may try to find a pair of skinnys instead
how is the fit?

The fit IMO is how I wanted the slims to fit. These are my first skinnys ever, and I'm really happy with the fit of them. Of course it took som breaking in at first, but now I love them. The slims were a little baggier than what I expected.

You found the slims on the discount?

I know this isn't as good as the other deals people got at Gap but they do have a 40% off sale right now that last till tomorrow.

I know this isn't as good as the other deals people got at Gap but they do have a 40% off sale right now that last till tomorrow.
for some reason they coupon code isn't working on their site

they also have no skinnys of the japanese selvedge left 
frown.gif

Overall how long do you wear your raws till you see noticeable fade and wear? And how would you go about washing them? I read that putting it in the freezer for like a week kills bacteria and also letting it soak in the bath tub is another option.

I have 2 raw Nudies that I've worn for about 8-10 months without wash. I wear them maybe about 3 wears a week except on rainy or snow conditions. Usually I'm either sitting in an office or walking, nothing too physical. I've noticed almost ZERO difference in the jeans after all these months. I'm also really tempted to wash them since walking around and sitting in NYC subways doesn't seem too sanitary.

Anyone got any tips or advice? Thanks!

Alot of factors figure in to fade progression such as denim type, and daily activities. That being said, Nudies fade relatively slow in my experience.

^^^What about after washes? Will the denim still fade from normal wear or should your jeans be pretty faded before the initial wash?

kkennethj kkennethj typically you would should see some decent fades after a year of consistent wear. That would mean at least 5-6 days out of the week. you only wear yours 3 out of the week, your rotating between 2 pairs and your sitting in an office most of the time so you probably won't ever see significant fading. people that get the nicest fades are usually dudes that ride bikes or do a lot of walking on a daily basis. if you wore one pair consistently it would probably till take a year or 2 for you to see fades. I'm not into raw denim right now but if you really want nice contrasting fades I always thought you should be willing to wear them without wash until there are decent whiskers in the jeans already

Last edited:
Here are my PRPs Japan Purple Selvedge Ramblers; I swear since being in a serious relationship since November they have faded more in a 4-5 months than they did in a year and half :lol:

dont put too much thought into this. just wash when you feel like its time for a wash. that 6 month period of no washing is overrated. it all depends on how hard you wear your jeans. people who wear their pairs hard (biking, hiking, etc) will probably wash them earlier than people who has other pairs in rotation/only wears 2-3 times a week.

fades may not appear in the first wash, or the second wash, but thats okay. keep wearing them. sooner or later, you will notice a difference.

if you dont want to wash it but you feel like its getting a bit loose, then soak them.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips.
Should I avoid wearing them in rainy conditions since they may bleed? I've also read that wearing them during rugged activities will help with fades, but won't it lead to more dirt on your jeans as well as sweating on the inside? I can't imagine doing all that without washing my jeans for a year. On summer days its be an oven inside since its heavier and darker than my other denim, was tempted to wash them at that time as well... maybe I'm not cut out for the raw denim life.

Back
Top Bottom