*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

ayy for levis 501 how much do i size up?

For shrink-to-fit (STF) 501s, follow the chart below.

img3317lm6.jpg

Do you really HAVE to wash STF's, though? I wear a 36, when I brought my 1st pair...I tried a 38, and they looked HORRIBLE. So I decided to stick to mysize, and now I usually just drop em' off at the cleaners. If anything, after sending them to the cleaners for so long, I think they got a little bigger onme.

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

Do you really HAVE to wash STF's, though? I wear a 36, when I brought my 1st pair...I tried a 38, and they looked HORRIBLE. So I decided to stick to my size, and now I usually just drop em' off at the cleaners. If anything, after sending them to the cleaners for so long, I think they got a little bigger on me.

you dont HAVE to do anything. but the reason most ppl buy STFs or any raw denim is get a pair with unique wear and fading. this won't happen if youtake them to the dry cleaners. also, the jeans are so inexpensive that you're probably spending more on dry cleaning that you would just buying anotherpair.

no0b entering here-- tried to use the search feature to no avail

just got a pair of raw selvage GAPs a week ago. they are sized up. how am i to start the process on these jeans?

do i do the same cold water soak and dry then wear as i did with 501 STFs?

any help from non-flamers appreciated.

if i were you i would soak, since you said you sized up. cold has minimal shrinkage and color loss, but warm soak has more shrinkage and color loss. youdecide.

I'm still confused on the egg+vinegar thing. So after you creat the solution (mixture) you add that to your typical water and soak or do you rub thesolution into the areas you would like to achieve the distress/wear on and let hang dry?

Originally Posted by HUSTLIN ON YOU

6s9cpjm.jpg

855amhz.jpg

Sorry for the late response.. Heres a tip.. "Salty Duck Egg". Dont OD on the process or it'll be
sick.gif
Brush gently with care like you're Bob Ross. These are getting to big for me due to stretching.. i wish i would've sized down another size
ohwell.gif

eek.gif
Good to see yours are coming out better than mine. I might have to go to my Asian supermarket and cop some salty juevos
eek.gif

so for the egg+vinegar thing after 1-2 weeks of wear and a soak I should have comparable results to say 4-6 months of wear?

Originally Posted by HYPEDKICKSdotCOM

so for the egg+vinegar thing after 1-2 weeks of wear and a soak I should have comparable results to say 4-6 months of wear?

You can say that but not everybody has the same results but it's faster.

It took me about 3 months with the egg + vinegar soaks to get to where my APCs currently are which is similar to someone's 1 year old denim.

HUSTLIN ON YOU's APCs came out better than mine but he used salty duck eggs which I'm very interested in
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by HYPEDKICKSdotCOM

^^I'm going to try it on some old STF's that fell victim to several accidents that I was about to retire.

Good luck but I hope you never washed them because it only reacts to high amounts of indigo dye. It would be interesting to see the mixture used on an oldpair though.

I pulled the trigger on getting some Flathead F380s. Just waiting to get them in the mail. Should be tomorrow.

I thought the imperial dukes might be a little bit too slim from what kiya from Selfedge told me. I'm 5"8 165 lbs, so not super skinny by any means,but not a chunk either
laugh.gif

Too bad there's no place around here that sells premium denim.

I hate to ask again but does anybody have any info on PRPS raw? I ask because I'm looking to get a pair but don't know what size to get (due topossible stretching).

Also if I wear 34s in regular jeans (albeit a little loose) what size should I get in APCs? I'll being buying in store so I can try them on but I'dlike to know what to look for first.

I got Nudie Average Joe's, I've been wearing them for about a week now, I really like them. Maybe I'll post pics later.

so i was at apc a few days back to pic up another pair of black new standards for me and some other nt'ers, and much to my dismay there were no 29's,30's, or 33's
mad.gif
so for those who contacted me sorry i cant help you out but the nice girl said they would be restocking in the coming weeks soi'll keep you dudes updated

Back
Top Bottom