*| | Denim _ School | |*

Originally Posted by fingerollin

so i was at apc a few days back to pic up another pair of black new standards for me and some other nt'ers, and much to my dismay there were no 29's, 30's, or 33's
mad.gif
so for those who contacted me sorry i cant help you out but the nice girl said they would be restocking in the coming weeks so i'll keep you dudes updated

DAM! talk about bad luck
mad.gif

if you happen to run across a pair of 29s, you i know i got you, my mannn

Originally Posted by bonde111

I pulled the trigger on getting some Flathead F380s. Just waiting to get them in the mail. Should be tomorrow.

I thought the imperial dukes might be a little bit too slim from what kiya from Selfedge told me. I'm 5"8 165 lbs, so not super skinny by any means, but not a chunk either
laugh.gif

Too bad there's no place around here that sells premium denim.

can you post pics of them on when you get them? i am about your size so i wanna see what they look like, no mo.

Originally Posted by what are you gonna do

Originally Posted by fingerollin

so i was at apc a few days back to pic up another pair of black new standards for me and some other nt'ers, and much to my dismay there were no 29's, 30's, or 33's
mad.gif
so for those who contacted me sorry i cant help you out but the nice girl said they would be restocking in the coming weeks so i'll keep you dudes updated

DAM! talk about bad luck
mad.gif

if you happen to run across a pair of 29s, you i know i got you, my mannn

definitely my dude, i got the blacks in a 33 i bought before xmas but i love them so much i want another pair and i've been coming up empty. I'llbe looking again, im aiming for mid february, right after suckers day (v-day) so i'll definitely keep you updated

*MPLSdunk*

I got them in the mail 2 days ago. I couldn't even get the top button, buttoned. Kiya recommended a size 33 in them. So i gotta ship them back today. Idon't have any fit pictures tho. I can post the pics I did take of them if you want.

Everything else seemed to fit great, minus the long length, but that is no big deal.

If I am buying some pre-faded Straight Sven jeans from Nudie, will they stretch at all? I'm normally a 34 but only a 33 is available. Thanks.

i'm working on 3 pairs of raw denims right now i will post pics ( progress and fit) when i have the time.

1. pumaxevisu 10+ months of wear (4 washes)
2. nudie SJDJ 6 months of wear ( no wash)
3. nudie GTDBS 1 month of wear (no wash)

ps. i'm extremely disappointed with the pumaxevisu since they're extremely hard to fade...

I really really don't like the way my APC's turned out. I wore them for about a year and then washed them a few weeks ago. They shrunk alot and alsothe color didn't fade like I thought it would, the color is a dull and there isn't much contrast.

On a postive not my Kicking Mule 2010's are coming along nicely and I just got in a pair of Flathead S5003 which I think may be the best pair of RAW denimI've owned.

yea apc's are pretty hardy in terms of keeping their dye. nudies are A LOT quicker in losing their dye, you can get good washes in 5-7 months, depending onhow much you wear them. i'd recommend nudies over apc's, like i have so many times in this thread, if you are looking to create your own washes quickand fast.

flatheads are definitely awesome denim, some of the best stuff i've seen. heavy too, but loose woven so not too hard to wear in summer!

so who wants some apc's? i am about to check out a local connection i have soon, no guarantees but definitely better than nothing.

^^^ Back on that BlackBird sufu discount, is it 10% in store and 20% phone order discount? I think i will be stopping by the shop tomorrow, do I have to tellthem my screen name on sufu?

Originally Posted by bonde111

*MPLSdunk*

I got them in the mail 2 days ago. I couldn't even get the top button, buttoned. Kiya recommended a size 33 in them. So i gotta ship them back today. I don't have any fit pictures tho. I can post the pics I did take of them if you want.

Everything else seemed to fit great, minus the long length, but that is no big deal.

if you dont mind that would be cool, i think i am gonna get a pair when i get my taxes back. or maybe the sugar cane union stars, but i am not sure ifthey are worth the price.

Here ya go **MPLSdunk**

And a bonus of my Bootcut Ola's I've yet to wash. I don't wear them that hard, so I'm waiting to wash them for awhile longer.

kinda hard to ssee since it wasn't focused on the jeans, but you get the idea, will post more detail pictures later
APC NS 1yr and a few weeks

those are clean bonde, i think i'm gonna have to check out selfedge when i have a little more money.

leftyjeenys, did you guys get those fitteds? i'm the dude who came in with stefan a few weeks ago.

QUESTION(S):

How do you/what's the best way to stiffen denim?

Read through this thread, and read a couple of "cold soaks" and some suggestions to NOT use starch.

I also heard about a product called "Stiffy" that stiffens clothing... Yay/nay?

Another scenario:

How to stiffen denim that's DRY CLEAN ONLY?

i need help ID'ing this pair:
mtox6q.jpg

312cmcj.jpg

It's from Levi's Red line that I bought back like maybe 2 years ago? That's about all i know, someone school me on these.

Anyone heard of 21st Century Lifestyle?
My friend sold me a black pair and was wondering if anyone else wore this brand?

2 questions
-i got a pair of jeans that are too tight on the waist and im wondering if theres a way to make it bigger a little, cause on some other pants you can let themout. like on dress pants and stuff
-im wondering what kinds of non slim nudies there is. so far i know baggy bjorn regular ralf and even steven but i need to see pics of people wearing themfirst to decide whcih one would be best for me

just bought two new pairs of paper denim. love them.

so my rotation right now is

paper denim
paper denim
lrg straight root fit
seven for all mankind bootcut (wish they were straight)
true religion (hate them, but I'll wear them into the ground)

I definitely am gonna cop two more pair of jeans before all-star. maybe another 7 and a paper.

also, I saw these grey manik denim...good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom