Deleting your Facebook?

I deleted mines about a year ago
just didn't see any point in keeping it anymore...life's great 
pimp.gif

I deleted mines about a year ago
just didn't see any point in keeping it anymore...life's great 
pimp.gif

All i have to say is: what type of "friends" are yall adding on facebook that's making you delete your profile? lol

I mean seriously, this post comes up like every month/week on NT.  I use it to keep in touch with friends and family.

if you don't like the people, then simply delete them or hide their status update. (Or don't even add them in the first place)

All i have to say is: what type of "friends" are yall adding on facebook that's making you delete your profile? lol

I mean seriously, this post comes up like every month/week on NT.  I use it to keep in touch with friends and family.

if you don't like the people, then simply delete them or hide their status update. (Or don't even add them in the first place)

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

Can't hide people in real life.
grin.gif
laugh.gif

The funny thing is that I rarely added people. People would add me just because I'm in the same class as them. Yeah I was vain enough to add them just to boost my friend count too.
grin.gif
I was going to delete a LOT of people after HS graduation but then I was like man this is petty so I deleted my account.

Can't hide people in real life.
grin.gif
laugh.gif

The funny thing is that I rarely added people. People would add me just because I'm in the same class as them. Yeah I was vain enough to add them just to boost my friend count too.
grin.gif
I was going to delete a LOT of people after HS graduation but then I was like man this is petty so I deleted my account.

man is it really that serious?

i get on mine when i get an email. some days never. i dont see it as eating up any of my day.
you could do that and keep it

man is it really that serious?

i get on mine when i get an email. some days never. i dont see it as eating up any of my day.
you could do that and keep it

Originally Posted by DwyaneWadeOG

I was compelled a few days ago to delete my facebook (not deactivate, DELETE) and am curious if anyone on here has done the same?
How has your life changed?

Did you regret it?

Did you make a new one?

One thing people may not know about deleting your facebook is that once you click "delete" you have to wait 2 weeks for it to permanently delete. If you log in before those 2 weeks are up you have to restart the process.. I have 9 days left...

Lemme hear your thoughts
deleted mine at the end of January, was on it everrrrrrrrrrryday 24/7, morning, noon and night.....or when i was working, I'd even get on there on my break, and when i got home I'd hop on it before even going to bed.

damn it feels good to not worry about it no more, I said i'd make another one in the future, but not too many people will be accepted, heck I only had 80 ppl on my last one...while everybody else had 300-500 friends
sick.gif

Originally Posted by DwyaneWadeOG

I was compelled a few days ago to delete my facebook (not deactivate, DELETE) and am curious if anyone on here has done the same?
How has your life changed?

Did you regret it?

Did you make a new one?

One thing people may not know about deleting your facebook is that once you click "delete" you have to wait 2 weeks for it to permanently delete. If you log in before those 2 weeks are up you have to restart the process.. I have 9 days left...

Lemme hear your thoughts
deleted mine at the end of January, was on it everrrrrrrrrrryday 24/7, morning, noon and night.....or when i was working, I'd even get on there on my break, and when i got home I'd hop on it before even going to bed.

damn it feels good to not worry about it no more, I said i'd make another one in the future, but not too many people will be accepted, heck I only had 80 ppl on my last one...while everybody else had 300-500 friends
sick.gif

It's funny in just deactivated mines today
Just got wak but if I deactivated it will people still see my page?
or did it disapear I want mines gone

It's funny in just deactivated mines today
Just got wak but if I deactivated it will people still see my page?
or did it disapear I want mines gone

i dont understand why people are so into this social network crap

i never had a facebook and dont need one or have to let people know whats going on in my life

i never had a facebook and dont need one or have to let people know whats going on in my life

Why you deleted me bro?

laugh.gif
 It's funny when you delete someone, and you see them offline, and they look so emotional and misty eyed when they ask you why did you delete them.

Why you deleted me bro?

laugh.gif
 It's funny when you delete someone, and you see them offline, and they look so emotional and misty eyed when they ask you why did you delete them.

I don't get how people waste so much time on FB, though.  It's not that serious.  I use it to simply keep up with people that I probably wouldn't keep up with, without it.  Plus, I think getting at chicks on the internet is corny as *$&#.

I don't get how people waste so much time on FB, though.  It's not that serious.  I use it to simply keep up with people that I probably wouldn't keep up with, without it.  Plus, I think getting at chicks on the internet is corny as *$&#.

there's a thread like this every month.  it's just fb.  you either have one or you don't.

there's a thread like this every month.  it's just fb.  you either have one or you don't.

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

so don't put up your whole life on facebook
roll.gif

i laugh when ppl say this. Seriously, its funny seeing people posting all their life activities and then they compain about the drama they get from it. Who's fault is that, right there?? lol smh no one is forcing these people to put up everything.

I been on Facebook since 2004 (when it was only open to college students). Facebook has its advantages of netwoking with people and reuniting with old friends that you haven't seen since elementary school, jhs, etc. Now I will admit that Facebook has lost a bit of its appeal through the past few years. But it's not that serious if you don't let it be. We actually had a junior high school reunion this past winter. (it's been 13 years lol)

also...about the deleting thing...maybe i don't have a problem doing that because I don't even see these people around since I'm no longer in school with them or whatever. lol so it probably sucks for you people still in school. Now I can see how relationships might get messed up because of facebook lol...but a relationship is built on trust...just remember that
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Facebook is like NT for me. I go there for the entertainment and sports talk
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Nothing serious

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

so don't put up your whole life on facebook
roll.gif

i laugh when ppl say this. Seriously, its funny seeing people posting all their life activities and then they compain about the drama they get from it. Who's fault is that, right there?? lol smh no one is forcing these people to put up everything.

I been on Facebook since 2004 (when it was only open to college students). Facebook has its advantages of netwoking with people and reuniting with old friends that you haven't seen since elementary school, jhs, etc. Now I will admit that Facebook has lost a bit of its appeal through the past few years. But it's not that serious if you don't let it be. We actually had a junior high school reunion this past winter. (it's been 13 years lol)

also...about the deleting thing...maybe i don't have a problem doing that because I don't even see these people around since I'm no longer in school with them or whatever. lol so it probably sucks for you people still in school. Now I can see how relationships might get messed up because of facebook lol...but a relationship is built on trust...just remember that
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Facebook is like NT for me. I go there for the entertainment and sports talk
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Nothing serious

Originally Posted by lyle

stop trying to demonize a website cus you jaded and instead go get some self control. yall r silly. especially the cat above me with over 10,000 posts on an internet message board about SHOES talking about "waste of time/life".

im all about my facebook but i can live without it, so i dont need to prove anything to anyone by deleting it as if i'm above all the mindless sheeple
laugh.gif
shut your ole 1 post count having *&^ up!
laugh.gif

But anywho. I deleted mine a year ago. People change OP, and some people don't understand. Alot of my female friends did not respect my relationship...it got ugly fast....Never looked back after deleting it, even tho I do miss Mafia Wars.
laugh.gif

Delete Twitter too...It's pointless and just nothing but "facebook status's"

Back
Top Bottom