Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Rajiv would be the goods. Terrific defender that can keep up with Paul and Russy.
Him and Dwight would be dope :pimp:

That deal with Milwaukee is absolutely awful.... Not trying to be a ****.. But from that deal, LA would have a 5 man rotation..
The MIN / LA / ATL trade actually isn't bad...

Few revisions
1. No one is taking on Brandon Roy. No one. Waste of $5mil, and even as an expiring contract wouldn't get you much.
2. Cross out Pachulia. It turns a Josh Smith deal from one they’d take to one they’d decline.

You have to start with this framework:
Lakers get: Josh Smith
Timberwolves get: Pau Gasol
Hawks get: Pekovice, Williams

Then add in fillers
Lakers get: Josh Smith, Andrei Kirilinko
Timberwolves get: Pau Gasol, Devin Harris & Devin Ebanks, Future 2nd from the Hawks
Hawks get: Nikola Pekovic, Derrick Williams, Luke Ridenour

Give me that one involving Minny
Atlanta doesn't contribute too much financial burden. Get their center like you said. Pek & Horford is a bruiser front line.
Timberwolves have a nice Big 3. Get out of the logjam they have at PG by taking on an expiring Harris. Also with Gasol, Love that's $34 million alone.. Keeping AK47 would be a stupid move because $10mil on him even if it's his last year is a mistake to waste $10mil of $27 mil on AK47. And Rubio, Barrea, Shved leaves you with only $5mil of cap.
Lakers get a defensive presence at PF. They get a shooter combo forward. Probably put AK47 on the bench. Also allows us to deal MWP in the offseason.

Nash / Kobe / Clark / Smith / Howard
Blake / Meeks / MWP / AK47 / Jamison

Someone gets the boot from the rotation.. It'd probably be Meeks though. Meeks has been so mismanaged by MDA :smh:

I'd still attempt to ship Nash for Lowry

Lowry/ Kobe / Clark / Smith / Howard

That defense :x

Last edited:
Marc Gasol is 28. Lopez is 24. I'd take Lopez to get younger. Lopez is the best SHOOTING Center.

So how would you swing it?

What would be the way to get Lopez?

I went through Trade Machine and this works...

Lakers: Brooks, Lopez, and Blache

Nets: Howard

I don't think the Nets would do that though...

Under no circumstance should we trade Dwight...

NONE..

Any trade we do involving Dwight is a piece of crap to start with... And severely diminished returns.

Then we get stuck multiple years with some guy we didn't even want..

Lakers would be much better served not dealing him.. It's unlikely he leaves... But say he does leave.. We'd be in a better position as a franchise in short terms and long terms than if we had traded for and been stuck with Brook Lopez for the next 4 years.

Last edited:
Under no circumstance should we trade Dwight...

NONE..

Any trade we do involving Dwight is a piece of crap to start with... And severely diminished returns.

Then we get stuck multiple years with some guy we didn't even want..

Lakers would be much better served not dealing him.. It's unlikely he leaves... But say he does leave.. We'd be in a better position as a franchise in short terms and long terms than if we had traded for and been stuck with Brook Lopez for the next 4 years.

Stuck with Brook Lopez...not bad...

It's okay Essential though, I understand your a fan of Dwight, just like I'm a fan of Pau.

I don't think he gets traded, but I do believe there are good trades out there for Dwight that would make is drastically better this year, but I doubt they get explored.

I don't want no more trades, I want Dwight to play like he's supposed to along with everyone else, sadly I don't know if that is going to happen this year...

So how would you swing it?

What would be the way to get Lopez?

I went through Trade Machine and this works...

Lakers: Brooks, Lopez, and Blache

Nets: Howard

I don't think the Nets would do that though...
trust me, they have done stupider things.  anything is possible.

Stuck with Brook Lopez...not bad...

It's okay Essential though, I understand your a fan of Dwight, just like I'm a fan of Pau.

I don't think he gets traded, but I do believe there are good trades out there for Dwight that would make is drastically better this year, but I doubt they get explored.

I don't want no more trades, I want Dwight to play like he's supposed to along with everyone else, sadly I don't know if that is going to happen this year...
I'm gonna be the only one saying this. I'd do a straight up Dwight Howard for Brook Lopez trade. Maybe Brooklyn throws in a 1st round draft pick.

I'm gonna be the only one saying this. I'd do a straight up Dwight Howard for Brook Lopez trade. Maybe Brooklyn throws in a 1st round draft pick.

Straight up trade wouldn't work.

You'd have to throw in Brooks and another filler, i'd take Bogans lol

if dwight continues to not care. i hope LA doesnt help him by trading him away via sign and trade for garbage - instead essentially forcing him to sign with a b-rated franchise so he can fail over there. sick of him.

who else feels like the Lakers really have 1 player in the ASG, like Dwight is not really a representative of the Lakers.

Knew I was onto something :lol:

I added Roy as extra incentive for MIN to hand over Pekovic (no qualms about Williams) to ATL & because I'd hope we rid ourselves of MWP so we could afford to eat Roy's contract. At a second glance, Pachulia could remain since Petro expires this year. 

Would love Kirleinko & I thought it might've been too much from MIN but as I read on because of his amount they may not be so reluctant. Swapping Ridnour for Harris is fair since Ridnour's at 8M for 2yrs. & Harris stands as an expiring this year with around 8M as well. Rather be without Metta but guy's already as gone as yesterday once summer hits regardless by trade or amnesty. I absolutely prefer your proposal though so I really have no objections.

Clark/MWP/Smith/Howard is straight filth :smh:

Howard's not going anywhere. He'll remain a Laker as expected.

Should've been clear as day for anyone paying attention when he opted in for ORL, that was a strategic move to get to LA by any means & a trade (not a signing) would only accomplish that. Should've been clear as day when Mitch started talking jersey retirements as soon as he arrived, that was assuring him that we'd love to have him here for many years to come.

Should've been clear as day for anyone paying attention when he opted in for ORL, that was a strategic move to get to LA by any means & a trade (not a signing) would only accomplish that. Should've been clear as day when Mitch started talking jersey retirements as soon as he arrived, that was assuring him that we'd love to have him here for many years to come.
yea but he probably thought this team was gonna shine and not be outside the playoffs STRUGGLING to just sneak in. circumstances change. coach sucks. no defense.

kind of wish he would have sat out until christmas like he was suppose to.

All true & things have definitely been altered but the money won't budge. He makes 1 of the worst decisions an endorsed athlete could make financially by walking away from a market like LA & its max money. Fegan/Adidas wouldn't advise that nonsense.

Hey, was it clear as day? 
roll.gif

All true & things have definitely been altered but the money won't budge. He makes 1 of the worst decisions an endorsed athlete could make financially by walking away from a market like LA & its max money. Fegan/Adidas wouldn't advise that nonsense.
question becomes, should LA sign him? i say that because LA can get a superstar very easily via free agency when the time comes (for the same reasons you just gave) so no need to waste it on a guy that just isnt all there. a guy who will never be a #1 option on a team - a guy who swears he is a #1 option type player and wont accept a lesser role.

Watching Kyrie these last two nights in meaningless exhibitions leads me to believe LeBron would be a fool to not return to Cleveland in 2014.

He's even hanging out with Tristan Thompson (same agent). :lol:

question becomes, should LA sign him? i say that because LA can get a superstar very easily via free agency when the time comes (for the same reasons you just gave) so no need to waste it on a guy that just isnt all there. a guy who will never be a #1 option on a team - a guy who swears he is a #1 option type player and wont accept a lesser role.

They should & they will. They're not going to unload him after a single season.

:lol: Pmatic, if that ends up being the case LeBron has no shame then looking back it would be as obvious as the MIA decision.

— You a Nas fan?

:wow: Last night i had a dream that i will wake up on Feb 22nd and see some crazy Lakers trades going down.

The Lakers make the playoff and upset the San Antonio Spurs in first round.

Please god allow my dream to come true

:wow: Last night i had a dream that i will wake up on Feb 22nd and see some crazy Lakers trades going down.

The Lakers make the playoff and upset the San Antonio Spurs in first round.

Please god allow my dream to come true
What were the trades? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom