Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dudes are in hear taking a "source" (that has NO NAME) who supposedly knows exactly what was said btwn kobe & Dwight in a call stemming months back but this is the first we hear about it. I HATE the media and i hate gullible people even more
dudes huh?  you mean me?

believe it or not, i choose to believe it because it makes sense to me after witnessing this season

if you dont want to believe it for whatever reason, feel free

it nice that you hate gullible people, i hate ignorance

and this isnt the first we've heard of it.... this call supposedly took place last trade deadline and was reported by probasketball.com

Last edited:
[quote name="CP"][quote name="Mr Marcus"]Funny the game Kobe stopped being an assist man they get ran over :smh:[/quote]*sigh*

What game are you watching?

Kobe pass to Ron open 3, miss.
Kobe pass to Meeks corner 3, miss.
Kobe re-pass to open Meeks corner 3, miss.
Kobe pass to open Nash 3, miss.
Kobe pass to Jamison at the rim, blocked.

Dude would have about 7-8 assists only he has zero.

But he stopped passing. Yeah, that's what a box score says.

Ska, hope you see this post.[/quote]We are never going to agree on Kobe. Why did you hope I saw this post? So you can get even more frustrated w/ me after reading my response? What, you thought I would respond that he still had an obvious commitment to dropping dimes?

I would say that... if he did.

You don't get 14 assists by 14 passes and 14 made shots on 14 assist attempts. There were still about a half dozen miscues between Kobe & teammates in those games.

Those four games where Kobe averaged nearly a triple double, his focus was absolutely more on facilitating then than it is now.

Getting assists doesn't come from perfect teammates; it comes from a commitment to team basketball and fluid ball movement despite imerfect teammates.

The unfortunate thing for me is that you baited me into a response, and now people are going to respond to this response by saying that I'm blaming this all on Kobe; they're not going to read this whole response, and I fully expect at least a couple replies along the lines of "I can't believe people are pinning this on Kobe."

I did, however, mention a week ago that the transition from Kobe Johnson back to Kobe... Bryant... would be gradual, not overnight. He has gone from having 10-15 FGA & 10-15 dimes... to 21 FGA & 9 dimes the night I said that... to tonight, 15 FGA & 0 dimes.*

That was cute, though, the Magic Mamba stuff. Good times. :smokin

* In my own defense, I will give him credit for showing restraint in the shooting department. 15 FGA is completely acceptable; hell, I'd go so far as to say he should have shot more.

My qualm isn't... actually, I don't even have a qualm; I'm just responding to you mentioning me... :lol:

Sure, he should have finished the game with at least 1 assist. But hell, if you're not going to get any dimes but you're only going to shoot 15 times as a starting 2 guard, that's definitely not even close to chucking or ball hogging, and the loss is definitely not on him... HOWEVA... if he would have been Magic Mamba, I think the score would've been closer, and maybe we win. It's not on him that we lost, but I do think he could have found a way to make his teammates better and pull out the W.

Ah hell, I'm just trying to avoid ticking you guys off because I didn't say "What? That dude is stupid. Kobe was passing like crazy!" but I know that's inevitable, so have at it. :lol:

Many may think Dwight is better than Pau, but can we agree that Pau is a better fit for the Lakers?

If Pau went out there and started and got 9 and 9 we'd kill him for his effort.

I'm tired of D'antoni and i'm tired of Dwight.

I would not be opposed to a trade at this point...

Pau is not better than Dwight. Pau has had a few nice games the last 2 weeks. Where has he been the last 3 years?

Also, his defense is TERRIBLE.

EVERY game i've watched this season Artest has been horrid.... i'm talkin WIDE open shot he misses 80% of them no quickness, every time he goes to the basket he either fumbles the rock or throws up some ugly wild shot. He by far has been my biggest disappointment . But leave it to the NT'ers and let em trade Howard for some role players and see where we end up for the next couple of seasons with just Pau & Kobe :smh:

Kobe gets a lot of criticism for going one on one, but at least he has the talent to still score. There's a lot of times when Ron over dribbles and tries his best Kobe impression thinking this is 2005. Most of his moves end up with me having the :x face. He can't make open shots, what makes him think he can be more efficient with a defender on him. He also shoots around 40% and most of his shots are wiiiiiiiiide open :x :smh:

End of rant.

EVERY game i've watched this season Artest has been horrid.... i'm talkin WIDE open shot he misses 80% of them no quickness, every time he goes to the basket he either fumbles the rock or throws up some ugly wild shot. He by far has been my biggest disappointment . But leave it to the NT'ers and let em trade Howard for some role players and see where we end up for the next couple of seasons with just Pau & Kobe
mean.gif
Kobe gets a lot of criticism for going one on one, but at least he has the talent to still score. There's a lot of times when Ron over dribbles and tries his best Kobe impression thinking this is 2005. Most of his moves end up with me having the
sick.gif
face. He can't make open shots, what makes him think he can be more efficient with a defender on him. He also shoots around 40% and most of his shots are wiiiiiiiiide open
sick.gif
mean.gif

End of rant.
I feel like Phil would have been the only guy that could tell Metta NOT to shoot so much and be respected for that. Can't imagine Metta hearing that from D'Antoni and respecting it. 

Pau is not better than Dwight. Pau has had a few nice games the last 2 weeks. Where has he been the last 3 years?

Last few years he's been put in a ****** situation with ****** coaches who don't know how to play him. Yea his defense is attricious, however Dwight's defense hasn't been great and his offense is putrid. I'd support Dwight staying here if I knew he was going to stay here or if he was going to be close to his old self. Right now he's pretty pathetic for us, and I don't care if he leads the lead in rebounds. I'm venting...

If Chicago wanted to trade giving up Noah and Deng if that even matched I don't know if it does, i'd do that in a heartbeat...

Last edited:

And Dwight has been so great? With the injury problems he's having, in addition to his ineffectiveness offensively, I don't know if I want them to give him a 5/yr max contract. At least Pau will only be around one more year. If it were up to me I trade Dwight (before the deadline or in a sign and trade) for a starting 4 and backup 3 hopefully. I'd have a lot more faith in a Love/Gasol front court for next year than anything with Dwight. Hell, I'd be ecstatic if we could even get Horford/Fillers in S&T this summer.

forced to share the ball with a big of lesser offensive talent while we've demanded share-free results

as if basketball is some kind of simulation and not a game of rythm

we've constantly demanded that pau change his game in order to accommodate the other big instead of thinking "Maybe it needs to be the other way around"

Last edited:
We are never going to agree on Kobe. Why did you hope I saw this post? So you can get even more frustrated w/ me after reading my response? What, you thought I would respond that he still had an obvious commitment to dropping dimes?

I would say that... if he did.

You don't get 14 assists by 14 passes and 14 made shots on 14 assist attempts. There were still about a half dozen miscues between Kobe & teammates in those games.

Those four games where Kobe averaged nearly a triple double, his focus was absolutely more on facilitating then than it is now.

Getting assists doesn't come from perfect teammates; it comes from a commitment to team basketball and fluid ball movement despite imerfect teammates.

The unfortunate thing for me is that you baited me into a response, and now people are going to respond to this response by saying that I'm blaming this all on Kobe; they're not going to read this whole response, and I fully expect at least a couple replies along the lines of "I can't believe people are pinning this on Kobe."

I did, however, mention a week ago that the transition from Kobe Johnson back to Kobe... Bryant... would be gradual, not overnight. He has gone from having 10-15 FGA & 10-15 dimes... to 21 FGA & 9 dimes the night I said that... to tonight, 15 FGA & 0 dimes.*

That was cute, though, the Magic Mamba stuff. Good times.
smokin.gif

* In my own defense, I will give him credit for showing restraint in the shooting department. 15 FGA is completely acceptable; hell, I'd go so far as to say he should have shot more.

My qualm isn't... actually, I don't even have a qualm; I'm just responding to you mentioning me...
laugh.gif

Sure, he should have finished the game with at least 1 assist. But hell, if you're not going to get any dimes but you're only going to shoot 15 times as a starting 2 guard, that's definitely not even close to chucking or ball hogging, and the loss is definitely not on him... HOWEVA... if he would have been Magic Mamba, I think the score would've been closer, and maybe we win. It's not on him that we lost, but I do think he could have found a way to make his teammates better and pull out the W.

Ah hell, I'm just trying to avoid ticking you guys off because I didn't say "What? That dude is stupid. Kobe was passing like crazy!" but I know that's inevitable, so have at it.
laugh.gif
at the end of the day if the player does not make a basket no assist is registered.

Kobe gets a lot of criticism for going one on one, but at least he has the talent to still score. There's a lot of times when Ron over dribbles and tries his best Kobe impression thinking this is 2005. Most of his moves end up with me having the
sick.gif
face. He can't make open shots, what makes him think he can be more efficient with a defender on him. He also shoots around 40% and most of his shots are wiiiiiiiiide open
sick.gif
mean.gif

End of rant.
leave ron alone

chris_crocker_leave_britney_alone.jpg

Last edited:
i love having ron on the team but something seriously needs to be about this whole - miss 10 shots a game shoot 10-30% situation

no midrange
mean.gif

Last edited:
I'm starting to lose hope in Dwight. He hasn't been impressive all season long and is starting to become more of a cancer on the team.

I know Mitch have told the media that he's not going to trade Dwight before the trade deadline but i wont be surprise if Dwight is traded to another team before or on the deadline.

I was at the game tonight. Dwight's body language from war ups to the end of the game made it very clear he did not want to be there. If things don't turn around quick it's going to turn into a very very ugly situation.

Gasol played pathetic even under phil in 2010-2011. His disappearance act in the 2011 playoffs is legendary.

I was at the game tonight. Dwight's body language from war ups to the end of the game made it very clear he did not want to be there. If things don't turn around quick it's going to turn into a very very ugly situation.
it's pretty ugly already 

he is going to receive hyper scrutiny from now til the end of the season

he's just not a good teammate. in his mind he seems to think he comes first in any situation he finds himself in

then he turns on the meek act during interviews as if to give the impression that he's humble or willing to do what it takes to be part of the team. he's one of the biggest phonies in the league

Gasol played pathetic even under phil in 2010-2011. His disappearance act in the 2011 playoffs is legendary.

I don't recall his performance during that regular season to be anywhere close to pathetic. He only struggled during the playoffs.

I don't recall his performance during that regular season to be anywhere close to pathetic. He only struggled during the playoffs.
The first six weeks Pau was fantastic. Besides a stretch in the middle of the season when the Lakers put together a ridiculous streak after the All-Star break, the production and impact declined as he started to feel the effects from the extended playoff runs, international play and being overplayed because Bynum early that season was recovering from his knee procedure.

Last edited:

yeah dudes body language was terrible.. most of the team really

I'm sorry, but you've been calling for Dwight to leave LA all season long. You clearly have a stake in him doing so since you've been consistent on this point all season long. You've stated all of the above as if it were fact, but it's certainly not. You've got no credibility.

Actually no, hasn't been all season, I was calling this the day everyone was throwing a parade and Dwight Howard was traded to the Lakers, before the season.

Y'all just don't get, he never wanted to be on the Lakers and play with Kobe Bryant in the first place. The Magic never granted his wishes and traded him to LA. The Lakers took a huge risk trading for him.

I said before the season if the Lakers/Kobe and Dwight don't do well and don't make the finals he'd seriously consider signing somewhere else. As of today "not doing well" is an understatement. Making the finals is a foregone conclusion.

This is the problem, many of y'all didn't know Dwight Howard's game, many if y'all didn't know who Dwight Howard was. I was in Florida when all this Dwightmare stuff was going on, in college I watching Dwight on local sports tv all the time. The day the trade happened I was critical because I knew Dwight's games and most importantly everyone knew what he wanted most. Many Laker fans had no idea what they were getting (on and off the court). This ain't y'all fault, with all the hype it seemed like y'all were getting Shaq, but far from.

So excuse me if I feel like I know what I'm talking about when it comes to Dwight Howard, I've been around this Dwight Howard situation locally for the past 3 years while many of y'all are brand new to it. I know a little bit about this guy, the same way y'all knew about your local sport stars.

Hakeem Olajuwon is sticking with his belief that Dwight Howard will re-sign this summer with the Los Angeles Lakers. If Howard is thinking differently, Olajuwon figures Howard will let him know. In a phone interview with Fox Sports Florida, Olajuwon, a Hall of Fame center, said Howard told him in the summer of 2011 that he wanted out of Orlando after eight seasons primarily due to how he was being used by then-Magic coach Stan Van Gundy, and that he wanted to end up with the Lakers. FOXSports Florida

Back
Top Bottom