Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This has been a multiple thread, multi year discussion amongst Laker fans who can discuss things like this without others jumping in too much and people getting twisted and arguments and all kinds of craziness. So if you feel lost or confused what's goin on, don't sweat it, we know where it picks up from a given topic and go from there. Pay us no mind. :lol:

If mamba keeps this up for the rest of the season and they get 6-7 seed, he's a lock for MVP in my opinion

They need top 3 for him to be even be considered.

Mind you, they also need to have a ton of momentum going into the final stretch of the season for that media buzz. Frankly, it's a race between CP3, LeBron, and Durant.

it is absolutely impossible for you guys to talk about Kobe without mentioning other people, isn't it?

On some elementary "But he did it, tttttoooo, teacher" steez. :lol:

But to answer your question... HELL YEAH Ivetson is a chucker. Are you serious w/ that one?

MJ? Was in his early years more than his late years, but... yeah. Started winning championships when he cooled it down some. This is... I feel like it's 1992 with the statement I just made. It was a well known fact that the championship wouldn't happen for him unless he calmed down the shooting and passed.

Last edited:
[quote name="Teamlakers909"]I find it funny that when Kobe decides to pass first and basically become the best point guard in the league this past week - instead of praising him for being so versatile and so good at whatever "style" he decides to play, haters say "see, Kobe is over rated, if he passes the ball the team does better" [/quote]Stop being passive aggressive and actually say who you're talking about. Quote them, use a name. Otherwise, it just looks like you're trying to throw it out there without anybody saying anything to you in response, because when they respond, you'll just hit them with "Oh no, I wasn't talking to you. Did I say your name or quote you?"

F that. Who you talking about, pimpin'?

[quote name="Teamlakers909"] News flash, Kobe has 5 championships (2 without Shaq with three total finals appearances) playing his "selfish" way that you guys claim so obviously he knows more then the haters.[/quote]Slow your road; 0 championships w/o one of the league's best. We're already way past this in the Kobe discussion, though. Take a few days and catch up, because this has already been covered.

"Im a starter and coming off the bench hurts my feelings"

:lol: :pimp:

It's simple for Pau.... You gotta earn your spot back homie. Earl is giving us hustle and energy right now. As long as its working stick with it.

Going by Ska's logic almost every SG that has played in the NBA is a chucker. When it comes to Kobe Ska loses me. Just say you never really liked the dude, that would make more sense.

Stop being passive aggressive and actually say who you're talking about. Quote them, use a name. Otherwise, it just looks like you're trying to throw it out there without anybody saying anything to you in response, because when they respond, you'll just hit them with "Oh no, I wasn't talking to you. Did I say your name or quote you?"

F that. Who you talking about, pimpin'?
Slow your road; 0 championships w/o one of the league's best. We're already way past this in the Kobe discussion, though. Take a few days and catch up, because this has already been covered.
LOL "pimpin"? good one.

Anyways, I haven't really read most of the last 10 pages or so.  I was speaking in general terms. I actually was thinking about this after the Thunder win (which was DAYS ago) so it has nothing to do with anything anyone in this thread wrote. when i say haters, i mean the people over in the "Kobe is overrated" thread and all the people that have been discrediting Kobe since his rookie year (commentators, analysts, ESPN, bill simmons etc)

Chill w/ this 'Ska's logic' on the FGA/assist ratio.

if I know it, it's because I was taught it. I don't just make s*** up. I'll look it up later, but I want to say it originated from John Wooden's school of thought.

so now that I've thrown a name out there, you guys can go ahead and mock it for being from that ol' dead guys way of doing basketball in the 17 hundreds.

Last edited:
MJ? Was in his early years more than his late years, but... yeah. Started winning championships when he cooled it down some. This is... I feel like it's 1992 with the statement I just made. It was a well known fact that the championship wouldn't happen for him unless he calmed down the shooting and passed.

No my friend, you really shouldn't do that. You know I'm pretty good at historical stuff, right? I've been known to know a stat, or twelve hundred. :lol:

MJ did start to shoot less.........his last season on the Wizards. :lol:

Outside of that, he are his last few seasons, in reverse order.

22.1 (first year in Wash)
23.1 (last year in Chi, etc now on)
His final season before he retired to miss curverballs, 25.7

So he shot just as much late in his career, as he did early in his career. IE, he shot a lot. ALOT. As in, more than Kobe does, or has in Kobe's career. With the same amount of assists. (give or take a percentage point here and there)

You aren't convinced tho I bet. You need more, historically wise. I got you, that's why you have me.

6 title years. Let's do this.

*misses curveballs*

Basically 1-2 shots more per game than the chucker that is Kobe Bean Johnson.

So, MJ, Chucker? Cuz I'ma need to see you call him that, from now on around here. You can certainly call Kobe a chuck as much as you would like, just so long as you give MJ that same title.

You can fact check me, if you think I am in error, if you'd like. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: sb

Mind you, they also need to have a ton of momentum going into the final stretch of the season for that media buzz. Frankly, it's a race between CP3, LeBron, and Durant.

Just by them getting the 6 or 7 seed means they had to go on some crazy 30-7 run or something. And Kobe will get all the credit for averaging a near trip dub and turning the season around , MVP in my book, but a lot of "ifs" are in play obviously

Just by them getting the 6 or 7 seed means they had to go on some crazy 30-7 run or something. And Kobe will get all the credit for averaging a near trip dub and turning the season around , MVP in my book, but a lot of "ifs" are in play obviously

True. Biggest "if" really comes down to the media :lol:

Actually, now that I think about it more, I think I first heard the FGA/assist relationship from Coach K, years ago.

Lets all guess how many assists Kobe has tonight against PHX.

Whoever guesses the right amount FIRST gets...a shout out in the thread title for a day?

Rules: Only one guess per number. So first come first serve.

I won't put myself if I win :lol:
But ill play for fun.

I say 8.
He's going to score a little more tonight IMO.

Lets all guess how many assists Kobe has tonight against PHX.

Whoever guesses the right amount FIRST gets...a shout out in the thread title for a day?

Rules: Only one guess per number. So first come first serve.

I won't put myself if I win :lol:
But ill play for fun.

I say 8.
He's going to score a little more tonight IMO.

Ska, that may be a stat more fit for HS games (32mins) and college games (40mins) rather than a longer, uptempo, highly specialized (1/4 or 1/5) offensive possessions that the NBA is now.

Regardless... Let's go Lake Show!!

13!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom