Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Despite the 3 W's Kobe is low-key upset knowing he could've had 3 straight triple doubles :smh:

i really dont think kobe cares about stats as much as people think.

hes been close to triple doubles before and all he did was chuck lol

also he could have won the scoring title last year but sat out instead...
No joke, that still surprises me. Scoring title was his.

Didn't eem care. :lol:
didnt he say he would rather retire than avg 15-18 pts?

No one said he JUST shoots.

Scratch that... no one worth debating with said he JUST shoots.

The major criticism is that he has created an identity as a chucker, a volume shooter, etc.

He's proving right now that he CAN create for others, beautifully, even.

But the way he plays, he's got dudes thinking 40 points on 31 shots is good. And if you respond that that's good, so help me...
laugh.gif

Yes, he has been a willing passer throughout his career. He's not just a super talented Eddie House.
laugh.gif
 But trying to paint the picture that he really IS Kobe Johnson and it's not just a cute, temporary nickname... chill w/ that.

I mean, you and I both know that when the chips are stacked against us roster wise, that boy is icing his elbow every night.

Maybe you don't know. I know it, and so do most in the basketball world.

Why are you even trying to present this argument that he really IS a Magic clone, my dude?

You waiting for me to say "Oh my gosh, 39 assists in 3 days... passing up legend after legend on the dime list... I was wrong about him. He is arguably the greatest passing 2 guard to ever do it... actually, greatest to ever do it PERIOD. Forgive me, CP & L2B & Essential & all y'all. I see the error of my ways"?!

Never gonna happen.
laugh.gif

The major criticism is that he has created an identity as a chucker, a volume shooter, etc.

But the way he plays, he's got dudes thinking 40 points on 31 shots is good. And if you respond that that's good, so help me... :lol:

Yes, he has been a willing passer throughout his career. He's not just a super talented Eddie House. :lol:  But trying to paint the picture that he really IS Kobe Johnson and it's not just a cute, temporary nickname... chill w/ that.

but honestly, he's no Oscar, but why can't he finish off his career pulling 10-12 asts and 18-20 points a night. I say those are realistic #'s considering he saves his energy on trying to rack up the boards. He can easily score, and in watching the game, by being a willing passer, it makes his opportunity to score even more open for improv. i mean he's skilled enough to rack up the assists first and then focus on his scoring in the 2nd half. And still move up the scoring list if he so chooses, but i dont think kobe really cares about doing all the scoring for this team anymore, of course it's nice, but if you're losing, its wasted. He's a winner, so whatever it takes. Will he have big scoring outputs again, sure, but if things keep rolling as they are, i dont see why that would even be necessary. Clearly dude isnt really as selfish as he's been made out to be. Maybe duke has a new obsession and instead of scoring, he wants to be one of the greatest passing 2's as well. shrugs.

i think he's just doing this to win. he's been known as a shoot first scorer as long as we've all known him, so by finally adjusting his game and changing the very fabric that defines him, nobody can ever say that he didn't do absolutely everything he could to get the job done. That's how i see it anyway.

Last edited:
Kobe......he's a fraud. Cry baby and everything is handed to him.

No rings without Shaq or Pau.

Bigger ball hog than A.I
Lazier than McGrady's left eye
Nosier than HHH

Do your thang, Kobe. 8)

Ska excuse my ignorance but where did your last post come from?

My sarcasm about him needing Shaq didn't mean I thought he was the next Magic Johnson. :lol:

But the way he plays, he's got dudes thinking 40 points on 31 shots is good. And if you respond that that's good, so help me...
laugh.gif

Yes, he has been a willing passer throughout his career. He's not just a super talented Eddie House.
laugh.gif
 But trying to paint the picture that he really IS Kobe Johnson and it's not just a cute, temporary nickname... chill w/ that.

but honestly, he's no Oscar, but why can't he finish off his career pulling 10-12 asts and 20-25 points a night. I say those are realistic #'s considering he saves his energy on trying to rack up the boards. He can easily score, and in watching the game, by being a willing passer, it makes his opportunity to score even more open for improv. i mean he's skilled enough to rack up the assists first and then focus on his scoring in the 2nd half. i dont think kobe really cares about doing all that scoring anymore, of course it's nice, but if you're losing, its wasted. He's a winner, so whatever it takes. Will he have big scoring outputs again, sure, but if things keep rolling as they are, i dont see why that would even be necessary. Clearly dude isnt really as selfish as he's been made out to be. Maybe duke has a new obsession and instead of scoring, he wants to be one of the greatest passing 2's as well. shrugs.

i think he's just doing this to win. he's been known as a shoot first scorer as long as we've all known him, so by finally adjusting his game and changing the very fabric that defines him, nobody can ever say that he didn't do absolutely everything he could to get the job done. That's how i see it anyway.
What?! Nah. He just passed up MJ. Bout to pass Kareem and Nick the Quick.

Who's this 'shoot first scorer' you're talking about?

You're tripping. He doesn't deserve that label.

Misunderstood. That's what it is. Misunderstood by haters.

Are you saying 20-31 with 40 pts is a bad shooting night? He'll even 15-31 with 40 pts is good. [emoji]128539[/emoji]

Last edited:
in hind sight, the lakers should not trade gasol no matter how much he kicks and screams. howard has that tear in his shoulder. it is a long season. if this team starts jellin and howard fully tears the muscle and is out for the season who will play center? gasol needs to stay.

in hind sight, the lakers should not trade gasol no matter how much he kicks and screams. howard has that tear in his shoulder. it is a long season. if this team starts jellin and howard fully tears the muscle and is out for the season who will play center? gasol needs to stay.

No, 15/31 for 40 points is not a good night.

*facepalm*

Yes it is. If you shoot 50% or a little below it you are shooting well. Especially since it is from the perimeter and from inside the bucket. But there is no need totake 30 shots if your teammates are doing well.

With a little work, maybe 2-3 years or so, he has a chance to be the all time leader in assists by someone that is not a PG.

Or at worst in the top 2-3 non PG's all time.

But hey.

No, 15/31 for 40 points is not a good night.

*facepalm*

Okay, I'll bite. Wouldn't it depend on what you're looking at in those stats. 15/31 is obviously 31 shots, but it's also a VERY efficient shooting percentage for 31 shots. Just under 50% for a high volume of shots. But 31 shots is still 31 shots by one person...there's only about 70-80 shots a game usually. Although that may not be optimal team basketball, that also doesn't automatically mean that team lost either. So from strictly a shooting perspective, it's a good night, no doubt. From a team perspective, how can you say definitively?

With a little work (basically reworking his entire mindset to keep up with this passing mentality he has had the past 3 games, which is, you know, totally easy for a person to do, completely rewiring their mind)...

... in a 2-3 years...

Well then hey, let's give him whatever credit your hypothetically proposing could happen, since it is absolutely unquestionable that it will.

Then we can all continue laughing at how Xta said LeBron's imaginary 6 rings are better than Kobe's actual 5.

Like I already asked, what's your end game here? You want everyone to get rid of this notion that Kobe is a chucker? You've got a long, LOOOOONG battle in front of you to deflate that balloon. :lol:

You want ME to hail him as something other than a volume shooter? Sorry, not happening. actually, I'm not sorry. I have nothing to apologize for. He's the one doing tne shooting, I'm just pointing it out. :lol:

Playing beautifully right now, though. Only negative things I've said about him have been in response to you people trying to get me to acknowledge that he has played his whole career the way he has played the last 3 games. Yeahno.

Point is simple, while everyone has been busying climbing over themselves to point out what a chucker he is, they fail to note that thru his entire career, he's been steady at 5 assists a game.

It reads 4.7 under his bio, care to know why? Cuz when he was 18 and 19 years old, and played in 150+ games for 8 minutes a night, that counts against his games played an awful lot. Meanwhile, you don't really get alot of assists in those 8 minutes.

Were we to measure his 15 years as a starter, from 99 thru today, suddenly his assists go over 5 a game. And still total 5,500, etc with more time on his clock.

And while we're here, he has ONE season of aggregious (spelled wrong I am sure, where the hell is spell check in this joint?) shooting, which was the 05-06 season at 27 shots per game.

Every other year, between 20-22 shots a night, exactly where you want your superstar shooting guard to be. Along with his 5 dimes per game. For well over 1,200 games, in 15 years.

But he's "only" a chucker, like AI. But taller.

But Jason Kidd getting 9 assists, shooting less, and worse, is "better" or equal to the overrated Kobe.

Alas...

"I would like the ball down in the post some more"
"I want the ball in the elbow"
"Im a starter and coming off the bench hurts my feelings"
"I dont appreciate it when I get benched"

"its a challenge everyday to keep my peace and stay calm but Im still gonna whine about it in front of cameras"

Would really love it if Phil came of no where and did this again :D

I agree, BUT if Dwight is out for the season wouldnt our already chanes at a championship be completely done anyway?

Plus I think they could possibly get more for him next yr when he's an expiring contract.

Back
Top Bottom