Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Meh.
Not impressed.
Lakers LUCKY Durant AND Westbrook were off.
If at least one of them guys had the shooting night they usually do, Thunder would have prevailed.

Tuesday will be a different story.
People realize Kobe passing now and will adjust.
Pelicans have nothing to lose.
They will come into Staples and steal one.

Hornets 105
Lakers 98
Final

So I guess Nash is going to be regulated to a spot up shooter for the most part now with Kobe Johnson emerging...interesting. Basically Bean is back to his role from 2009 and 2010, being the primary playmaker and finisher.
as much as he handles the ball this is the most efficient use of kobe, it optimizes the use of the shot clock on offense and slows down fast break for oppossing teams. I think it also allows kobe an opportunity to recover on defense, i.e. it's easier to get back after a pass as opposed to a missed shot.

I'm more so alluding to what it means for Nash. If this is the philosophy going forward, then just makes me wonder what the hell has D'Antoni been trying to do offensively as far as pace, rotations, etc. And moreover has finally grown a brain and stopped being stubborn with his system over everything attitude.

Meh.
Not impressed.
If at least one of them guys had the shooting night they usually do, Thunder would have prevailed.

Really? Durant had 35 and got to the free throw line 14 times. It was on 10 of 26 shooting which isn't great but not horrible either. Westbrook with an almost triple double of 17, 13, and 9. He shot terrible but that is Westbrook for you. Outside of shooting had a very good game. Typical Laker hater. Talk big when they lose then downplay a good win. 

I'm more so alluding to what it means for Nash. If this is the philosophy going forward, then just makes me wonder what the hell has D'Antoni been trying to do offensively as far as pace, rotations, etc. And moreover has finally grown a brain and stopped being stubborn with his system over everything attitude.
Hopefully this trend continues of allowing Kobe to be a playmaker. He is more of a threat to score so it is easier for him to setup teammates in easy positions to score and make plays.

Just hope that the lakers will add a defensive wing in a trade or signing. Cause if we get that it will kobe more energy to facilitate and score

Watching on DVR... But when I turned on my TV it was on ESPN and first thing I saw was Kobe being interviewed..

I was pissed.

But we got a win!

And Darth, you really are the worst kind of fan..

We just beat the best team in the league. You said we would get blown out, but make a comeback so it wouldn't look as close as final score indicated.

If being absolutely wrong doesn't impress you when you were so certain, you have a miserable person at all times.

Back-2-back 14 assist games... and we won both. :smokin

Back-2-back games where he had more assists than shots... and we won both. :smokin

Kobe's career high in assists is 15... and he just had 14 in back-2-back games? :smokin And Kobe had 3 games in his entire career where he had more assists than shot attempts (we were 2-1 in those games). Three games in his entire career... and now he's had 2 such games in the last 2 outings? :smokin

(Kobe lurks NT, been reading what I've been saying the past couple weeks, I'm sure of it :lol:)[quote name="grandtheftbike"][quote name="MJGREATXII"]Yo when did kobe learn to pass like this?[/quote]he always did, he just chooses not to[/quote]Yep!! One of the reasons why I've been so frustrated with him throughout his career. It's not that he doesn't have the ability to do this on a nightly basis; he has the ability, but just doesn't.

But he has the past couple games. :smokin[quote name="thachosen123"]THIS is the mamba we need for the rest of the season. Give me a 10+ast game over a 30+pts game every day of the week :pimp:[/quote]THIS!! [quote name="HybridSoldier23"]Kobe :pimp:

::Waits for Ska to say something bad about his game today:: :lol:[/quote]Keep waiting. when Kobe plays like this... and this isn't the first time he has played like this... I have nothing but good things to say about it. I still feel the way I feel about his career overall and his overall style of play, but on games like the last 2, you can hold your breath waiting for me to say something negative about the times he goes into 'facilitator/raw scorer' mode. I'd even go so far as to say he does it perfectly.

The esteem in me is slowly growing. Let's see what they do on Tuesday.

Kobe showed me something good tonight. He showed that he's willing to sacrifice his scoring so the other guys. So now there's no excuses. Those 28 assists are 28 shots Mamba DIDN'T take. So guys have no choice but to buy into the team ethic. There's no scapegoats, you gotta just go out there and do your job. Kobe playing like this is great though and killer for defenses because they have no idea if he's going to drive to score, or drive to kick. and they can't double anymore if he's looking to pass, since that'll just leave one guy open. So now it's also just single coverage, so if he does decide to score, it's one-on-one which increases his own output. I like what I'm seeing, just gotta keep it up. #Lakeshow

I REALLY REALLY like how the team is always getting together and talking. The best part is, they're intense in their huddles and it leaves everything out there.

As to the posters above me who are wondering what Nash's role is now in the offense: to me, he can still do both. I still feel good about him running the PnR or bringing the ball up the court and making a play. It takes the pressure off of Kobe to always have to make plays, but it's also very nice to see Kobe accepting that role as well as he has so far. Best part about it all is Kobe is spending a LOT less energy on the offensive end, which leaves him with energy to close games out. Sample size is small, but if it was the old Kobe playing 42 mins, I bet that last shot wouldn't have gone down.

Oh and how about Pau Gasol? Dude is playing out of this world right now. I haven't seen him this confident in quite some time, and I've always been a huge fan of him ever since he got here and got us the 2 chips. Very happy to see him doing well and not getting frustrated.

On to the next one boys!

PS: MWP needs to stop dribbling. Seriously. That **** is going to give me an ulcer.

Last edited:
Meh.
Not impressed.

Tuesday will be a different story.
People realize Kobe passing now and will adjust.
Pelicans have nothing to lose.
They will come into Staples and steal one.

Hornets 105
Lakers 98
Final

Great win! Hopefully Kobe keeps this up, he should just average 20 and 10 assists throughout out the rest of the season. If he does we'll be in great shape.

Metta needs to be a catch and shoot type of guy, there's no reason for him to be dribbling the ball. Just get to your spot shoot the ball when your open, then get back on D.

hopefully this means they return darius morris back to the dumpster they found him in. that guy plays 1 minute in two games and we are 2-0. coincidence? i think not

Back
Top Bottom