Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Laker fans, whatever happens tonight, please do not go run around in the Heat thread, or the NBA thread and run off at the mouth. I'm begging you dudes, say what you like in here, but don't be those type dudes to get loud in other threads. It makes it worse on everyone else when it comes back our way.

Everyone be chill, win or lose. :wink:

I have somethin for you, you will enjoy this. Follow me here

You brought up Pierce gettin his help, and winnin a title. Boom, he can do what Kobe does. May we look at that?

Paul, Ray, Rondo, KG. Pau and LO will play with KG, that's big man stuff.

Rondo, Allen, Paul? Need quick dudes to work on them. Kobe, Fish, Sasha, Ariza Walton, Vlad Rad. *tire screeches*

Ariza? He was dead that series, barely even touched the court. He was no good to us.

So, Kobe and Fish switched on and off Rondo and Allen, depending on pick and rolls and such, so for the majority of that series, who guarded Paul Pierce?

Luke Walton, and Vlad Rad.

Who got Finals MVP?

Oh.

Now, who might I ask, guarded Kobe in that series? Care to see the list?

James Posey, Tony Allen, Ray Allen, Rondo, and Pierce.

Now, not for long stretches of course, but possessions here or there Pierce would get switched on Kobe, but for 48 minutes? Hell no, he would take time "guarding" Luke.
laugh.gif
Musta been nice huh?

Kobe spent time chasing Ray, or hounding Rondo, and sometimes banging with Paul when switched, but for the most part, when the Lakers had the ball, KOBE was the focus of their D. When the Celtics had the ball, the Lakers did NOT focus on Paul, they had other moves/plays to worry about. Ray screens, KG post ups, Rondo pick and rolls.

Now, 2010, Ron comes in. Ron, is not fast anymore, he can't chase Ray, and damn sure can't chase Rondo. Who can he guard? Paul. How did Paul do in that series? Was he even CLOSE to his 2008 self?

You see, Kobe has had (as you say) the platinum life. Shaq, and Pau. Tell me tho, what PERIMETER help has Kobe had? No handles Ariza? Ron? Sasha? Shannon Breezy? Who has LA had, in 17 Kobe years, that could create and do work like Kobe? The answer, Eddie Jones, for 2 years.

When Kobe plays the Spurs in the playoffs, Duncan can't guard him, he gotta get Shaq, or Pau. But Bruce Bowen, he can guard Kobe just fine, right? Anyone else for Bowen to worry about?
When LA face the Rockets. McGrady, Ron, AND Battier focus ALL SERIES LONG on Kobe. Sort of interesting, ain't it?

Has Kobe had someone to help take the defense off him?

Miami plays Boston all the time. Lebron guard Pierce all series, or he take time to guard Rondo as well? Why? Why don't Miami worry about Pierce torching them as much as working on Rondo, with their best defender?

If Miami played the Lakers in a series, in ANY year the last dozen. Wade, Allen, Shane, Bron. Would they not, in fact, take turns guarding/beating on Kobe ALL SERIES LONG, while being able to rest while the other guy guards him for a stretch? Would Kobe, have the luxury of another perimeter player helping him out, to pull the defense off of him?

You find that interesting, or think I am full of ****?

Oh and for the cheap seats, Mike? Had Scottie, on D, and on O. Who would Miami or Boston guard there? Could Mike take some time to chill here and there, and let another perimeter player do work?

See with bigs, it isn't always the same. You can dump it into them, sure, but the bigs defend bigs. That's not on Kobe, or his man defending him to worry about. On the perimter, he faces the #1 defender of EVERY team. Paul Pierce, does not. Not with Rondo or Allen on the team. Neat huh?

Kobe is 34, Pierce is 35. So last year, Pierce was 34. Was his season last year anything near Kobe's this year? How bout when PP was 33, and Kobe was 33, same production?

Could I not, in fact, make the argument that at 34, Kobe is extending his legacy as a player, while Pierce had tailed off pretty good? Still solid, sure. Has good games once, twice a week. But (so far) half a season at this same level, in fact, Kobe is BETTER this year, than several of his younger years.

And without Phil.

your thoughts?
repped...

dont know how i made it thru the whole thing..lol..well put tho

Ya'll think that's long, see the posts we put together in the Legacy Thread. My Kobe, and Allen's LeBron got to be about the longest posts by anyone not named Meth on NT. :lol:

Some serious work done in them things.

Essential, Ska and I chopped it up pretty good man, it's nothin bad, it's worth the read if you get bored. I'm still hopin Ska comes back on my last one. Wanna see his thoughts on it.

Much will depend on whether Ferry intends to take a win-now approach with a roster that is projected to have a league-high $36 million in cap room next summer, or build slowly with picks and young players. One rival executive familiar with the discussions said Ferry would not be inclined to take on 32-year-old Pau Gasol and the $19.3 million on his contract next season, but another said Ferry is seeking a veteran All-Star in any potential Smith deal. CBSSports.com

Laker fans, whatever happens tonight, please do not go run around in the Heat thread, or the NBA thread and run off at the mouth. I'm begging you dudes, say what you like in here, but don't be those type dudes to get loud in other threads. It makes it worse on everyone else when it comes back our way.

nah let them go in the heat thread. that way they get banned for being the clown trolls they are. lol

gloating when your team is 17-21 they should be banned on the spot lol

I voted Mike. I expected people to be on Brons nuts but I was wrong.

Kobe's my boy and one of my idols, but unless he gets ATLEAST 7 rings I don't see how we can call him the GOAT. Mike never lost one, I think that's one thing people underrate.. and it's not like he only made it to/won 1.

It's so difficult to do these "GOAT" comparisons because everyones era is different. I think a more fair way of comparing these amazing players is to look at how much they dominated their era. Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Wilt, Kareem are just a few who's names should be right up there with being known as the GOAT.

In all honesty can someone tell me why Magic Johnson isn't considered the best ever? Why is it that MJ gets that general consensus as being the greatest ever? Is it the flair he played with, the style, the dunks, shoes? I honestly just thought of that as I was responding. If we're talking in terms of skill and winning, I don't think there's any question Magic is the greatest (MJ a close second). If we're talking about who did more in terms of revolutionizing the game (with the things i mentioned regarding Mike), as well as skill/winning then I undoubtedly have to go with MJ.

I'm sure CP will enjoy this, looks like Magic is back on board after our 2-0 start to the season: via FB

Magic Johnson
Lakers Nation: I feel the Lakers will definitely make the playoffs and cause some problems for teams!

I'm sure CP will enjoy this, looks like Magic is back on board after our 2-0 start to the season: via FB

Magic Johnson
Lakers Nation: I feel the Lakers will definitely make the playoffs and cause some problems for teams!

Didn't Magic just say last week, we would not make the playoffs?

Magic the player, Magic the guy I like..

Magic the Analyst might as well have played on the Celtics his entire career because I despise him.

nah let them go in the heat thread. that way they get banned for being the clown trolls they are. lol

Smh where were you and CP when I was going against laker fans gloating in the NBA thread a week ago?

Coulda used some backup :smh: :lol:

Honestly who cares, people come in here trolling all the time. Hell they were doing it when we were winning chips. They don't speak for our entire fanbase on here or you as an individual so if they want to troll the NBA, Heat thread, or even here who cares, it's not that serious.

congrats to kobe on being the #1 voter in the all star game :smokin

and howard to :pimp:

Last edited:

Smh where were you and CP when I was going against laker fans gloating in the NBA thread a week ago?

Coulda used some backup :smh: :lol:

I did reply later that night, but to a different set of clowns. You had the first group under control.

And Mamba, the point is more along the lines of when does it stop? If we want them out of here, and a quieter more peaceful thread, we can't be havin Laker fans run reckless in their threads. If we be cool, then if they act up, we have a leg to stand on. If we run off at the mouth, we deserve to get clowned.

So I'm just tryin to curb "some" folks if possible. Hell, ya'll seen me go to bat for the team when needed. I got chalk outlines all thru S&T. But there's a time and a place for those occurrences, not regular season January ball vs the defending champs, ya know?

Magic the player, Magic the guy I like..

Magic the Analyst might as well have played on the Celtics his entire career because I despise him.

Magic isn't an analyst he speaks for all us Laker fans. He feels our frustrations and is not afraid to share his frustrations out in the world. Mike Brown hiring, Jim Buss, Mike D'Antoni, Phil Jackson. He does what Kurt Rambis and James Worthy do on TWC. He says ridiculous things to try to challenge our team. A couple years back he crowned Bron as the best player in the league back then just to motivate Kobe a bit more. Magic says things because he knows the roller coaster we go through and maybe Jim will listen.

Just saying. :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom