Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well at least Pau should have his legs underneath him for a week before slowing down again right? :\

So how come pau/bynum worked well, but pau/dwight doesnt..?? Is it the system? Then with every loss the lakers make it more and more obvious that dantoni was the wrong choice and that we'd be better off with the triangle

So how come pau/bynum worked well, but pau/dwight doesnt..?? Is it the system? Then with every loss the lakers make it more and more obvious that dantoni was the wrong choice and that we'd be better off with the triangle

Ehh Pau/Bynum didn't really work that much better than Pau/Howard has. The difference then was we had Lamar Odom who played a large portion of the minutes with either Bynum or Pau. Plus Pau simply isn't the same player he was back in those years and that is pretty obvious.

Bynum is a better post player, Pau was knocking down jump shots and not moving like molasses.

Bynum is a better post player, Pau was knocking down jump shots and not moving like molasses.

I'm with alot of u guys, Pau needs to be coming off the bench. If he can't be productive in 28-30 minutes off the bench, his *** needs to go. It's time to stop living in the past. I don't give a **** what he did for us years back or even how he looked this past summer in the olympics. None of that matters

I really think Pau is just injured and the offense Mike D'antoni instituted isn't the right fit for Pau.

If you remember at the beginning of the year Pau played pretty well before the switch to D'antoni, he even had a 23 16 and 6 game.

For those saying trade him, we aren't going to get equal value, and who is out there to trade for? You guys really want Bargnani he's everything you guys hate about Pau, soft doesn't defend, and doesn't rebound.

And if D'antoni says Pau should come off the bench you know damn well Pau would do it, what has he done in his Laker career to show that he wouldn't? He's been asked to do everything possible, even stuff he doesn't feel comfortable with. He went from being the main guy down low, to be a complement player to Bynum, to being traded and then coming back and not even complaining.

I do feel Pau has slowed down a bit and his play has somewhat fallen off, that is usually the case as players get older (sans Kobe I guess), but D'antoni's offense is just a big key to Pau's ineffectiveness. If D'antoni would stop being so damn stubborn and draw up some plays for Pau down low and instill in him the confidence that he will be playing down low, he might turn the season around. However, at this point that almost seems impossible.

Last edited:
Bargnani? No thanks, there is a reason Raptor fans want him gone badly. He doesn't play defense, rebound, and block shots not to mention he is currently injured. I would rather trade for athleticism and defense.

Pau and Bynum never worked? :lol: Yeah, we got 2 championships out of that duo plus we had a coach who utilized their strength. I still think D12 is a better player than Drew and Pau has the skill but it comes down to coaching.

Pau and Bynum never worked? :lol: Yeah, we got 2 championships out of that duo plus we had a coach who utilized their strength. I still think D12 is a better player than Drew and Pau has the skill but it comes down to coaching.
it was more like pau and odom tho

i miss lamar :frown:

Last edited:
Dwight
Clark
Artest
Kobe
Nash

Bench
Sacre
Pau
Bryant
Meeks
Duhon

?

*Kanye shrug* Before getting booed off the stage
Pau doesn't look like he puts any effort on the court. We want someone who wants to play like they wanna be in the starting lineup. No one ever said Clark had to play every minute in the game. 

Pau doesn't look like he puts any effort on the court. We want someone who wants to play like they wanna be in the starting lineup. No one ever said Clark had to play every minute in the game. 

Injuries, injuries, injuries...

I'm going to ride with that, i'm probably one of the last guys who believes Pau is still a good fit for this team, i'm just banking on the fact that once he gets better, he'll play back to his old self.

At least I hope, I have no problem however with Pau coming off the bench and finishing games though, and I doubt Pau would either

Dudes are in denial about pau homies not coming back to form especially since he knows he has little room for error and is always on the trade block the Chris Paul trade was the death of the pau we all know and love

Bargnani? No thanks, there is a reason Raptor fans want him gone badly. He doesn't play defense, rebound, and block shots not to mention he is currently injured. I would rather trade for athleticism and defense.

Wait who are we talking about here?
Bargnani. Event though some of those same criticisms apply to Pau, at least Pau can pass and he comes off the books one year sooner.

[quote name="KingJaffeJo"]So you want to pay Pau the crazy kind of money he is getting to be a 6th man playing 28 mpg.....oh ok.[/quote]We're already paying him; no way around that. So since we're already paying him, might as well use him in a way that's going to be most effective for the team.

Pau has played SOOOO much basketball... dudes body was bound to break down.

Hold him out of practices, give him another week or so and bring him off the bench all can extend and help him get right again

Last edited:
Speaking on just last season the two were productive together, but far from an optimal pairing.

That's why Odom was so important in years prior.

Last edited:
Oh great... ESPN insider article is saying that the Lakers should trade Dwight Howard or Steve Nash to improve their playoff fortunes...

ESPN: "Where sports and rationale come to die."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom