Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well when Hill is out.. Howard not 100%.. Trading Gasol, unless you get a solid PF in return is stupid. If Hill was still here, I would agree with you. But that's not the case.

Rechecks the two who commented, :lol:

Knight, I've yet to see one comment from you, all year that was remotely cosignable about basketball outside of praising a good play.

That does not mean that you are right or that I am right all the time. You did not want Mike Brown fired right? and comments about Morris' defense...

if u want a PF how about gasol for zbo, and try to figure a way to get Gay in the trade too?

Mitch can do it, somehow get both for gasol and some crap

i actually like the Nash, Kobe, MWP, Clark, Howard line up ... the spacing was good and everyone can shoot from outside but it benefits the defensive side more importantly because of clark's athletic ability..

I see Pau's chances of getting traded increased :lol:

Lakers are looking to claim a disabled players exception on Jordan Hill..

Which gives them $3mil to spend... On what? No idea.

But it does open up another roster spot as well.

are we finally gonna see kenyon martin in a laker uniform?

delonte west?

its long overdue. dont know what the hell they are waiting for...

It was so funny seeing anything Luke is on anyone, that player would start attacking the basket like there's no tomorrow (i.e. Kobe, Morris, Jamison, etc)

are we finally gonna see kenyon martin in a laker uniform?

delonte west?

its long overdue. dont know what the hell they are waiting for...

No to either. What they need is a slasher, and/or a shooter in this offense. *Rudy Gay*

And in other news, Earl Clark is the second coming... :lol: This dude is doing everything right.

Meeks too.

All motor... No brakes.

Agree, no brakes and no control.

Last edited:
if u want a PF how about gasol for zbo, and try to figure a way to get Gay in the trade too?

Mitch can do it, somehow get both for gasol and some crap

No way in hell Memphis moves Gay AND Z Bo IMO. I wouldn't mind signing Delonte, no to K Mart though.

All I no is Clark is making Gasol veeeeeeery disposable right now.....We all no Pau is not who he used to be these past few seasons.....
For the very many talents that Pau possesses his negatives outweigh the positives. And now we see him breaking down before our very eyes

Maybe what the Lakers need right now is one less "star" on the court with Clark. Better cohesion to the overall group out on the floor with his combined
athletics, defense, and ability to make an open shot. He is almost having an Ariza affect because his negatives are being covered up by the other "stars"
on the court and all his positives shine bright due to them being shortcomings of the team, "youth", "speed", "defense", "athleticism".

I say we trade Pau now while we can because his stock can get a lot lower trust me. We dont even need to get anything "equal" to value
just some pieces that can build to what we need to fight off our weaknesses. Young/slashing/athlete....a perimeter defender. Even a player
that just specializes at perimeter D and nothing else. The less all-stars on this team right now the better.

Even though I havent given up on this season as a Lakers fan, I'm more excited about next season because with D12(resigning) and fully healthy,
J. Hill healthy, and Clark that would be a nice defensive, hustling, athletic unit on the floor....stick a Kobe or Nash on the floor for added offense
and thats a formidable rotation.

The question is would the Lakers take 45 cents on the dollar for Pau now when they can get (maybe) 60 cents on the dollar for Pau in the summer.

The question is would the Lakers take 45 cents on the dollar for Pau now when they can get (maybe) 60 cents on the dollar for Pau in the summer.

Now or in the summer makes no difference. If Clark shows he can consistently play like this than Pau is as good as gone either way.
But like I said you wait until the summer you run the risk of Pau lowering the little value he has.

I think something is up right now lowkey...Pau has been out a little too long for just a concussion. I no an elbow to the nose hurts but
being out this long?? :nerd:

I'm not trading Pau yet unless we get an offer of a good SF or PG

Pau need to be inserted to the second unit asap

Earl athleticism made our starting line up better on defense and fast break

Last edited:
It amazes me how some of you refuse to give up on pau and dont want to trade him but every game ya bash him

It was so funny seeing anything Luke is on anyone, that player would start attacking the basket like there's no tomorrow (i.e. Kobe, Morris, Jamison, etc)

This was so funny too me!!! Guys would be so timid and cool and calm, and then as soon as Luke switched over to them, they turned ruthless looking for that highlight on every play hahaha.

it actually made me laugh that Luke got burn....and how the commentators said that he'd make a great coach because he has such a high basketball IQ lmaooo. That's always been is selling point hahaha

Remember Luke's action face when he plays? :rofl:

Last edited:

Depends on if they think they can make a run this season still. (which I assume they want to, for Kobe, for Nash, and to try and make sure the point gets made to Dwight)

Now, having said that.......

I love what Clark is doing, this is our version of Linsanity, but guys, enough with the Clark makes Pau Gasol expendable. Stop, please. :lol:

He's Earl Clark for a reason. Yes, he's playin well right now, he's got that Ariza-Shannon shine on him, but he's not replacing Pau, so I beg you all, try to stay in reality. Can he HELP fill in some blanks spots if we were to move Pau? Yeah, sure he could help out. But you damn sure wouldn't trade Pau FOR Earl Clark, so stop acting like he makes Pau just another body on the roster.

Chill.

Love what he's doin, it's been fun to watch someone come in and hustle and have some success, certainly better than we expected, but remember, he's at best a solid role guy for us, not a starting caliber, future building block or anything like that.

However, his trade value on the other hand.........? If we could fool someone into taking him at age 25 (this week) and a low contract, we could flip that for a nice piece maybe bwahahahahah :lol:

I totally agree with CP. Clark has had 3 good games and you want him to replace Pau? Pau is now expendable? Come on...

What we got with Clark is a nice little surprise, someone we can use.

should he start? I dunno I don't really think it matters, because if he doesn't start he'll be a nice little player of the bench.

But to trade Pau now because Clark had a few good games is ridiculous, like essential said with Hill gone, we are extremely thin up front. Let Pau ride out the rest of the year and if he doesn't fit we can do something with him in the off season, when his value will increase due to his expiring contract.

I don't see why Clark would make Pau expendable. The Lakers have no depth because Meeks and Jamison are simply unreliable.

Clark popping up like this finally adds one more player the team can rely on, at least based on his last few games.

If Clark keeps this up, the Lakers have a reliable frontcourt option off the bench (Hill was reliable, but in a rebounding/second chance way). Now all they need is one in the backcourt.

Clark and Pau don't do the same things. Unloading Pau and putting Clark in his place would make the team undersized.

Last edited:
Depends on if they think they can make a run this season still. (which I assume they want to, for Kobe, for Nash, and to try and make sure the point gets made to Dwight)

Now, having said that.......

I love what Clark is doing, this is our version of Linsanity, but guys, enough with the Clark makes Pau Gasol expendable. Stop, please. :lol:

He's Earl Clark for a reason. Yes, he's playin well right now, he's got that Ariza-Shannon shine on him, but he's not replacing Pau, so I beg you all, try to stay in reality. Can he HELP fill in some blanks spots if we were to move Pau? Yeah, sure he could help out. But you damn sure wouldn't trade Pau FOR Earl Clark, so stop acting like he makes Pau just another body on the roster.

Chill.

Love what he's doin, it's been fun to watch someone come in and hustle and have some success, certainly better than we expected, but remember, he's at best a solid role guy for us, not a starting caliber, future building block or anything like that.

However, his trade value on the other hand.........? If we could fool someone into taking him at age 25 (this week) and a low contract, we could flip that for a nice piece maybe bwahahahahah :lol:

What version of Pau are you speaking of???

Because you sound like you're making the comparison to a Pau of 2 years ago instead of the one we have seen the last 2 years. The Pau that we have all known and loved is gone
and deteriorating faster and faster and its something we all just need accept. These days Pau is more bad than he is good and I think he can worse and worse
if you give him enough time, especially with injuries starting to stack up.

Now no one in there right mind would say Clark=Gasol
I measure impact on the court collectively with this group of stars and if Clark can continue, it is def something to think about.

Lets not act like we all don't want Pau gone, cuz we do

What is pau giving us that's so irreplaceable ? Defence ?....No
Rebounding ?...No
Scoring ?....No
Why keep him around only to disappoint we've been waiting for him to turn it around for 2 years

Can you guys list some reasons why we should keep him ? We are not getting equal value for him that train has left the station

Any of you watch the Gold medal game 5 months ago?

He may not fit with the other stars around him, don't mean he can't play.

I just want Pau come from the bench to play center and lower his minutes. He has playoff experience I don't think Earl does.

Last edited:
I just want Pau come from the bench to play center and lower his minutes..

This is what I was thinking. If Earl keeps being at least a respectable NBA player, why not utilize Pau in a 6th man role to decrease that Paul/Dwight dynamic? Helps out both IMO.

Back
Top Bottom