Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
why did morris and glock not play? because they are terrible.

"mike brown needs to coach less"

"mike brown neesd to coach more by putting in subs"

which one is it, guys? he gave minutes to the guys who will be in OUR ROTATION and still need time to gel. ebanks, sacre, hill, jamison, meeks.

and yall complaining about morris and glock who did NOTHING in summer league against less competition.
Exactly. 

which one is it, guys? he gave minutes to the guys who will be in OUR ROTATION and still need time to gel. ebanks, sacre, hill, jamison, meeks.

and yall complaining about morris and glock who did NOTHING in summer league against less competition.

How about mike brown needs to coach RIGHT.

Is anyone else as embarrassed and subsequently worried that the lakers can't get out of their losing slump in the PRESEASON?! I know the first excuse is "It's just the preseason" but the way I see it is we have a brand new squad and we're ringing in the 2012 season with a losing mentality. The lakers have been known mentally "check out" of games. I'm just worried once game 1 rolls around, the lakers won't be able to shake the funk of losing.

I hope I'm wrong.

How about mike brown needs to coach RIGHT.

Is anyone else as embarrassed and subsequently worried that the lakers can't get out of their losing slump in the PRESEASON?! I know the first excuse is "It's just the preseason" but the way I see it is we have a brand new squad and we're ringing in the 2012 season with a losing mentality. The lakers have been known mentally "check out" of games. I'm just worried once game 1 rolls around, the lakers won't be able to shake the funk of losing.

I hope I'm wrong.
I'll get worried if theyre still playing like this after the all star break.

The defense will definitely be there and they will eventually find their way on offense.

Look at what you guys are mad about...Morris and Glock not playing. Our team is STACKED, theyre not touching the floor anyway.
laugh.gif

Isn't there a Clipper season thread for you to go in?

Delonte with his bi-polarness is better than what we have in the backcourt off the bench right now.

IT'S PREEEEEEEEEESEASON.

If you are going to give minutes to kids, deservedly or otherwise, when is the best time to do so?
A Preseason
B regular season
C playoffs

Answer should be A, don't you think?

This isn't about coaching in terms of minutes management, or hands on hands off, this is PRESEASON, where you work all your guys. You noticed they played 19 guys the first couple games, that's the job, give guys court time, see what they do, how they handle it, how they learn, react. We cut a few bodies down, we're in the 13-14 range now, you have 2 kids sitting there doing NOTHING, why? It's the preseason. Of all the times I want them to play, get their butts kicked, or fight back, this is it. Not next Tuesday, not next month, but now, when it don't count, when it don't matter.

I will assume (read, hope) that they get on the floor tonight. It's the last chance they will have at live action for a while. You don't develop players by sitting their *** on the bench in the damn preseason, Jesus Christ how is that not understood?

I would have LOVED to see Bledoe kick their *** last night. Good. That's how they gonna get better. Not facing Duhon and Blake in practice. :smh:

Notice guys how I wasn't asking for Duhon minutes? :nerd: I want the KIDS developed further, ya know, like how he wasted Ebanks for an entire season last year for no ******g reason.

The team needs time to practice running the offense (in particular the second unit because there are no reliable threats).

The team needs time to practice running the offense (in particular the second unit because there are no reliable threats).

The new offense that fits the personnel that was brought in? That has Ron Artest out dribbling around while Nash runs weaves all over the floor without the ball?

Good times!

IT'S PREEEEEEEEEESEASON.
If you are going to give minutes to kids, deservedly or otherwise, when is the best time to do so?
A Preseason
B regular season
C playoffs
Answer should be A, don't you think?
This isn't about coaching in terms of minutes management, or hands on hands off, this is PRESEASON, where you work all your guys. You noticed they played 19 guys the first couple games, that's the job, give guys court time, see what they do, how they handle it, how they learn, react. We cut a few bodies down, we're in the 13-14 range now, you have 2 kids sitting there doing NOTHING, why? It's the preseason. Of all the times I want them to play, get their butts kicked, or fight back, this is it. Not next Tuesday, not next month, but now, when it don't count, when it don't matter.
I will assume (read, hope) that they get on the floor tonight. It's the last chance they will have at live action for a while. You don't develop players by sitting their *** on the bench in the damn preseason, Jesus Christ how is that not understood?
I would have LOVED to see Bledoe kick their *** last night. Good. That's how they gonna get better. Not facing Duhon and Blake in practice. :smh:
Notice guys how I wasn't asking for Duhon minutes? :nerd: I want the KIDS developed further, ya know, like how he wasted Ebanks for an entire season last year for no ******g reason.

i'd go with D. summer league. where they got regular minutes. and did NOTHING noticeable. they got blown out there too, against other scrubs.

he wasted ebanks away for 1 year? or didnt play him until he was ready? look at his progression. was he getting regular burn? no. he was getting the same minutes glock and morris got. one could even argue glock got more opportunity last year.

did you watch the summer league? both morris and glock shot ~ 30% from the field, and they got PLENTY of burn. what makes you think they would make a greater impact against real second units?

on top of all that, you talk down so much about blake and duhon. we havent had any reports about either glock or morris eclipsing them in practice. what do you think that says about their talent? that they can't even show out against the likes of blake and duhon.

Do you get better going against someone better than you, or the same/worse than you?

NBA speed same as summer league?

I'm not asking them to get triple doubles or dominate, I want them to get on the floor and play when it means nothing. Now that they actually will have practice time (unlike last year) you can use that to monitor them in terms of will they improve even slightly, and maybe they can get some up 30 blowout minutes, or maybe a 5 minute stretch here and there early in games, just to get their feet wet.

Luke Walton sucked more than I can begin to explain, but Phil was usin him in the NBA finals as a rookie. :rofl:

There's no reason to have a 9 man rotation in preseason, I'm sorry. Every player should be out there workin on somethin for a stretch, no matter what.

The new offense that fits the personnel that was brought in? That has Ron Artest out dribbling around while Nash runs weaves all over the floor without the ball?
Good times!

saw this...even had nash almost have a dangerous collision with one of the bigs (sacre or hill can't remember) while running baseline in one sequence. :smh:

saw this...even had nash almost have a dangerous collision with one of the bigs (sacre or hill can't remember) while running baseline in one sequence. :smh:

Have y'all NOT played organized basketball before? When plays aren't initiated, sets tend to fall apart, causing some players to fill a void left by another. Now this is just a wild guess on my part, but when we see metta on the perimeter tryna make make plays for others, I'm sure that's just him going commando and wanting to do to much......not part of the offense

I think Mike Brown and his new system is the problem

Theres no excuse to lose 7 game in preseason

I'll be back to hit the panic button when we 0-4 in the reg season

I think Mike Brown and his new system is the problem

Theres no excuse to lose 7 game in preseason

I'll be back to hit the panic button when we 0-4 in the reg season

Why? Long as Kobe gets 30 a night you'll be happy as a clam.

Do you get better going against someone better than you, or the same/worse than you?

NBA speed same as summer league?

I'm not asking them to get triple doubles or dominate, I want them to get on the floor and play when it means nothing. Now that they actually will have practice time (unlike last year) you can use that to monitor them in terms of will they improve even slightly, and maybe they can get some up 30 blowout minutes, or maybe a 5 minute stretch here and there early in games, just to get their feet wet.

Luke Walton sucked more than I can begin to explain, but Phil was usin him in the NBA finals as a rookie. :rofl:

There's no reason to have a 9 man rotation in preseason, I'm sorry. Every player should be out there workin on somethin for a stretch, no matter what.

I agree with all of this.

Isn't there a Clipper season thread for you to go in?
Delonte with his bi-polarness is better than what we have in the backcourt off the bench right now.

The problem with this dude is that seriously nobody else on NT is as deeply passionate and a die hard Clipper fan like mjshoefanatic :lol:

He needs to get clipper darrell to create a NT account.

Back
Top Bottom