Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:smokin
Why do you guys need a non Laker fan to set ya'll straight?
We in a now PG driven NBA, and we playin with our 3rd and 4th string PG's, and we're strugglin? Word?
You mean, if the Thunder played with their 3rd string PG, they'd still be great?
If we pulled Rondo off the Celts, they'd still ball?
Chris Paul left the Hornets, they wasn't very good? :\
Chill the hell out. If you wanna be mad at something, be mad at Nash takin 2 freakin months to get back already. That **** is pissing me off, why he can't be a robot like Kobe and play no matter what? :lol:
So help me if some of you don't realize that's being sarcastic, I will hunt you down.
Like I said in the NBA thread, when Nash and Pau are back, and we stay losin, THEN worry. Don't sweat losin with Chris ******g God damn Duhon starting for us. He should be playing against other teams' 3rd stringers and doin well against those guys, not facing starters, how hard is that to comprehend?

no i do worry. sure nash is gonna add a lot of offensive possibilities, but that still doesnt mean our defense improves. you can always outscore an opponent.. the lakers do not have the speed to outrun anyone, so we gotta make sure we play D. otherwise it's not gonna work...

people need to stop saying that nash is the answer.. how many points will we score if nash plays. 10, 15? and give up 20 points cause we dont play defense? D'antoni needs to realize this is not phoenix where steve nash was a 2 time mvp.. so he needs to adjust to his players and not his players need to adjust to his system

Last edited:
Nash coming back re-settled the roster.

Kobe can play off the ball more, ie, rest more, even while on the court. Maybe then he will play better defense. (not 2001 defense, but better)

Nash will also limit the turnovers, in other words, fewer run outs, ie, less points allowed.

With the offense better, like say Dwight and Pau getting more touches, maybe they start to hustle a bit more.

You all followin?

We all know Nash ain't comin in to be the stopper, but he'll help settle the roles for everyone else, and then "hopefully" they will start to focus more and play a little harder, and get the stops we need from that energy boost. Make more sense?

We will NEVER be the 90's Pistons. Not gonna happen. But he can come in and calm things down to where we can play everyone in the proper spots and work from there.

Again, you take the head ot the team off, the PG, and the team sputters. That's how it works. Even Fish, tho not elite by any means, was the calming, steady influence of the team. That's what we need from Nash, a slight upgrade from Fisher, I believe. :lol:

Lakers can play better D if the players put some effort into it! Kobe is sleeping on D, its really disturbing. Its almost as if he's saving his energy to score buckets. I love Kobe but COME ON MAN!!! Metta is a step slow but he still plays his butt off....none of our PG can play ....Jamison is horrible.....D12 is still not 100%. But i do like what I'm seeing from D12, he's not scared to call out Kobe.

so you expect one of your teams oldest players in kobe bryant to, score the majority of the points, and get everyone in their offense and still be a force on defense? thats a little too much to ask from a 17 year old vet.

the lakers suck because the system they play in reveals their weaknesses.. why do you have pau at the free throw line shooting jumpers? or threes? dude is a post up player. why did they let howard shoot a three at the end of the 2nd quarter against denver? why are the lakers not running back on D, because they have to play fast on offense, spending most of their energy.. they need to slow the game down and d'antoni's system is not working for the players that are on the roster.

jamison doesnt suck, he needs the ball in certain spots to be effective, if he doesnt get it, he's not gonna score many points

Last edited:
Kobe is guarding the weaker offensive swingman on the other team more times than not. Is it that difficult for him to keep an eye on the ball and his man on defense? No, it isn't. Or how about he make the proper defensive rotation and box out his man?

Last edited:
Kobe is guarding the weaker offensive swingman on the other team more times than not. Is it that difficult for him to keep an eye on the ball and his man on defense? No, it isn't. Or how about he make the proper defensive rotation and box out his man?

THIS!

I can't read these continuous essays anymore. It's all meaningless. Woulda,
Coulda, shoulda...don't say this, don't believe that...we are okay, we are bad...

I don't care about any of this anymore.

All I want is simple; Laker wins.

I just want to see my team win, period. How many hours are we gonna spend talking trade rumors, coaching replacement rumors, what is the problem, who is the problem, what they need, what they don't need? We discuss these things every single day, everyday...and nothing has changed. We still suck.

There is nothing I can do but wait and see if we can win a damn game or two and maybe actually look good doing it.

There is no real reason why we suck, we just do. We have all this talent but can't win a some freaking games. We have all this money but can't play some damn defense. We have all these resources but can't have a damn good coach.

It is what it is, unexplainable. *sigh*

no but its a hell lot easier to point and blame someone else :lol:

:lol:

Along with points per game, he leads the league in pointed fingers, shrugged shoulders and death glares.

:lol:

Along with points per game, he leads the league in pointed fingers, shrugged shoulders and death glares.

:rofl:

Coulda, shoulda...don't say this, don't believe that...we are okay, we are bad...
I just want to see my team win, period. How many hours are we gonna spend talking trade rumors, coaching replacement rumors, what is the problem, who is the problem, what they need, what they don't need? We discuss these things every single day, everyday...and nothing has changed. We still suck.
There is nothing I can do but wait and see if we can win a damn game or two and maybe actually look good doing it.
There is no real reason why we suck, we just do. We have all this talent but can't win a some freaking games. We have all this money but can't play some damn defense. We have all these resources but can't have a damn good coach.

I feel you. Winning > everthing else. But for us fans...what can we do other than discuss the state of our team? We have to talk about something right? Why not try to at least make sense to our struggles? I'm sure you're like me when I say that I EAGERLY anticipated this year after all the moves we made so I will read that article, analyze this essay, and follow this team at each step of the way. So no...I'm not going to STOP watching or find activities to do during the Laker games because I'm embarrassed. The struggle makes obtaining the goal that much sweeter and as fans, you go through that struggle too.

And for the record, I firmly believe we have every resource we need to be successful....outside of health.

All of this. Im so damn tired of seeing "Rumor has it Pau for this dude and that dude". **** all that noise just win some games.

Kobe's terrible defense is not just his effort but his lack of fundamentals. He needs to stop gambling and also to pay attention to the dude he guards. He does not even need to put in much effort and just play fundamental defense. When you combine that stupid way of playing defense and his lazy play then you get those results. He can't do that when the PG position is already atrocious when it comes to defense.

I feel you. Winning > everthing else. But for us fans...what can we do other than discuss the state of our team? We have to talk about something right? Why not try to at least make sense to our struggles? I'm sure you're like me when I say that I EAGERLY anticipated this year after all the moves we made so I will read that article, analyze this essay, and follow this team at each step of the way. So no...I'm not going to STOP watching or find activities to do during the Laker games because I'm embarrassed. The struggle makes obtaining the goal that much sweeter and as fans, you go through that struggle too.

And for the record, I firmly believe we have every resource we need to be successful....outside of health.

I feel you bro, I didn't mean it as you should all shut up...no, I would never say that. I love NT, I love talkin Lakers basketball with my Lakers brethren, and I love this thread...otherwise I wouldn't have made it. If we weren't who we were with our posts this thread wouldn't be the same.

But all I'm sayin is I've had enough Laker trade rumors, Phil Jackson regrets, and arguments over who to blame or what to blame.

It's simple, it's everyone's fault in the organization. There is no good excuse for it.
Everyone wants to blame the coach but look at the roster...c'mon man, even if my High School basketball coach was on the sidelines
For the LA Lakers they STILL shouldn't be 9-12!!! Yeah D'Antoni sucks but c'mon man...the players are all accountable.

Kobe is, Dwight is, Pau for motha freakin sure is...they're all at fault man. You gotta put your egos to the side and learn how to play with each other, learn how to show leadership like men, low how to set good examples for the bench players and the young guys.

They're not. All they care about is themselves.
Kobe's always crying about foul calls and chucking shots, Pau's always crying about not being used enough in the post and chucking 3's, Dwight's always joking around and showing off when were winning but quiet when were losing, not to mention bricking free throws. Pau could easily defy everyone and just say EFF it I'm going in the post, GIMME the damn BALL (word to Bynum/Sasha)...but he doesn't. His soft *** doesn't do anything about it, just complains to the media like a sissy and continues to act like a small forward on the court. Kobe could easily be trying harder to stay on his man on defense but he doesn't, instead he throws his arms like a big baby and cries when other people miss their assignments...the ultimate hypocrisy. Dwight blames the defense and not his free throws for losing, when they are clearly BOTH reasons why they lost.

So you see, these guys just piss me off. Instead of any of them acting like men and showing some damn leadership and effort on the court to inspire team mates, they act like babies...point the finger at other guys...and shy away from taking the effort to lead by example and play some hard, unselfish basketball on both ends of the court.

If they change and man up, we will beat ANYONE. If they don't, we won't...no matter WHO the coach is.

It's that simple man, we don't need trades, we don't need new coaches, we don't need anything other than our super star players to start manning the hell up and playing with some damn passion and effort. Lead by example and we will be fine...

Its so eassssyyy. But they don't seem to wanna do it, and only God knows why they don't.

:smh:

Kyrie Irving bout to go HAM on the Lakers cheddar cheese defense tonight.
4 games under .500 hahahahahahahahaha

Kobe's terrible defense is not just his effort but his lack of fundamentals. He needs to stop gambling and also to pay attention to the dude he guards. He does not even need to put in much effort and just play fundamental defense. When you combine that stupid way of playing defense and his lazy play then you get those results. He can't do that when the PG position is already atrocious when it comes to defense.

i dont think you can put blame on one player. it is a team defense, if someone gambles and misses the closest player needs to cover for him and so on... but if that doesnt happen and you gamble yeah you get wide open players.. just cause your pg sucks, you cannot blame another player for that, you need to blame the pg for sucking.

i think the lakers should go from man to man to a zone defense. the easiest form of defense there is.. you just guard a certain area.. and other than the pg position, the lakers have players that can guard multiple positions..

You know what i hate? I'll tell you, when Kobe doesn't get a call...He waves his hands in the air and and yells to gets the refs attention. That **** got to stop!
I remember last game vs the Jazz he didn't get the call so hes does the typical Kobe crying to the ref...next thing you know Jazz score and Kobe didnt even cross half-court. I don't get it cause Kobe got that old school mentality, no blood no foul, yet he's gonna cry about not getting a call.

Last edited:
I remember last game vs the Jazz he didn't get the call so hes does the typical Kobe crying to the ref...next thing you know Jazz score and Kobe didnt even cross half-court. I don't get it cause Kobe got that old school mentality, no blood no foul, yet he's gonna cry about not getting a call.

>:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom