Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm sorry guys but we look pathetic...It's okay to lose games here and there, but it is NOT OKAY to lose games because of no energy, no hustle, no defense, and no rebounding.

It's one thing for shots not to fall, its another to not even try.

I don't know what the hell is going on, but i almost dont even wanna tune into Laker games these days...and I have never felt that way, EVER.

:smh:

Again though.. Lakers play well offensively.. Terribly defensively..

We should go after Delonte.. He's good enough offensively, and the type of defender we need.

Then leave the roster the way it is.. And hold all of our eggs in the basket for the trade deadline and pursue a SF..

Last edited:
OK OK...SO the Princeton Offense was definitely not the soultion, However neither is Dantoni's "Don't worry about stopping your man just Run" coaching strategy. You CANT win in the West without playing defense. Everyone was so focused on the Offense no one stopped to realize that Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard(RIM PROTECTION WISE) and Ron Artest(When he isn't busy throwin up queens bridge) are the only people than can come close to limiting the other team from scoring. 

Last Time I checked Good Defense allows for Easy Buckets and opens up transition offense, I just don't understand how the Lakers want to Run N' Gun but don't implement and execute this VERY BASIC principle.....

END RANT 

Just got back from the game. Mitch walked down my section late in the 4th and I yelled "WE WANT PHIL!" at him.

I don't think I'm buying anymore tickets until I see enough defensive effort out there. I'm sick of these Time Warner buffoons trying to say player X had a good game every night when we get beat down.

Saw this on my way out of staples:

Pretty much sums up my feelings.

Last edited:
I don't know what the hell is going on, but i almost dont even wanna tune into Laker games these days...and I have never felt that way, EVER.
mean.gif
I-know-bro-that-feel-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2152.png

its just tough because you know the lakers are going to come into every next game with the same amount of "effort" and "hustle" as the game before

teams know that if they outhustle the lakers the have a great shot of winning unless one of 3 things, kobe has a monster game, the team shoots amazing, or the starters are all 15+ in points with 4/5 in 20+

for one game, the game following browns firing, they played with a flow that has yet to be seen again

constantly digging themselves into holes and rarely building up leads, even watching those leads disappear

Last edited:
OK OK...SO the Princeton Offense was definitely not the soultion, However neither is Dantoni's "Don't worry about stopping your man just Run" coaching strategy. You CANT win in the West without playing defense. Everyone was so focused on the Offense no one stopped to realize that Kobe Bryant, Dwight Howard(RIM PROTECTION WISE) and Ron Artest(When he isn't busy throwin up queens bridge) are the only people than can come close to limiting the other team from scoring. 

Last Time I checked Good Defense allows for Easy Buckets and opens up transition offense, I just don't understand how the Lakers want to Run N' Gun but don't implement and execute this VERY BASIC principle.....

END RANT 
YEAH RIGHT.

He's as responsible for the defensive breakdowns as anybody on the team.

Last edited:

END RANT 
YEAH RIGHT.

He's as responsible for the defensive breakdowns as anybody on the team.

When Kobe plays man to man.. He does.

D'Antoni has to correct that.. Not only from Kobe, but pretty much everyone on the team... Stay on your man.

it just seems like every game is the opponents to lose
tired.gif

i miss the old days where kobe would sit out the entire 4th because you knew things were set but since no leads safe now, he cant even do that

Last edited:
Nash will help the team, but not as much as we would like. Gonna have to learn how to play some d and limit turnovers or this team isn't going ANYWHERE.

Not even trolling, man but that's the D'antoni way.

The TO's, lack of execution, non-existent defense, terrible playing calling and game management, lack of chemistry and passion.....those are trademarks of his teams.

In a game leading up to his "resignation", Orlando beat the Knicks like 106 - 99 or something like that....Pringles said something to the effect of "well we held em to 106, we just gotta score more next time".....He said that with a straight face.

I don't see him ever coaching a team to a championship.

Prepare to have your teams wheels spinning in mud until he is fired.

The issue that will continue as long as you have D'antoni as coach is he wants to win his way and he's not open to adjustments.

Last edited:
The Lakers will not get any better, everyone needs to stop saying that Nash is gonna make everyone better. He will offensively, but defensively is where the Laker struggles so just stop talking about Nash and Pau.  I really don't even believe that their the problems.

Pringles is the problem!  Look at how well New York is playing without MDA coaching!  MDA coaching the Suns couldn't even win a championship and that was the talented team during that time period.  Do the LM not realize that the Lakers can put up points easily?  one of the best scorer in the game, great pg, Pau, and Dwight and yet they get outscored because they can't ******g play defense.

When Mike Trudell was listening to the Lakers timeout during the Jazz game he said that MDA wanted the team to get the rebound and run and score; he wasn't even talking about defense; no talking about defensive rotations, defending pick and roll all that..Wtf did the Lakers get themselves into. 
mean.gif

Last edited:
So nobody is going to talk about Bean's terrible shot selection?

Nobody is going to talk about his pathetic defense and his ZERO rebounds in 43 minutes?

For the umpteenth time in his career, Kobe "Bean" Bryant has lost his team a game with his desire to score every point.

So nobody is going to talk about Bean's terrible shot selection?

Nobody is going to talk about his pathetic defense and his ZERO rebounds in 43 minutes?

For the umpteenth time in his career, Kobe "Bean" Bryant has lost his team a game with his desire to score every point.
I feel that Kobe needs to score man, it's not like his FG % is below 47% I think it's like 49%ish 50%ish?

I think more of the problem is that he keeps crying about a non call and he lags on defense because of that.

as bad as pau has been playing, from these last few games its pretty clear that bad pau is better than no pau. now we have every opposing pf getting easy 20 point games along with the lakers tradition of giving pgs career highs.

I have no team affiliation as I live(d) in Canada but I watched a LOT of Phoenix Suns ball. The Lakers should have realised that D'antoni isn't as great as a genius as what the media makes him out to be. For one, the Suns had a the best line-up for his style, but even then people forget about the games against milwaukee/kings/garbage that when they struggled to score. When the Spurs played the Suns, they played a similar style and it would just take their edge away, D'Antoni wasn't that great for both fo the Olympic teams eitherr if anyone stayed up and watched those games.

You also have to realise that he is a media darling. He let's the media attend the full practice, so naturally the media has nice things to say to him. I can't remember how many frustrating games I've watched where they simply have NO idea how to play in crunch time on the offensive end and their woeful defense (i.e. Kurt Thomas on TD, everyone else backs off. or D.J. Strawberry one-on-one on Kobe). If it wasn't for a Tim Thomas 3 vs the lakers or the Raja Bell 3 on the Clippers, the Suns wouldn't have had their great playoff run, D'Antoni wouldn't get this reputation, and the Lakers just would've have gone this direction I don't think.

The best (and possibly only) reason that the Lakers should've just bit the bullet and rehired Phil is precisely because he manages people well. There won't be anyone who can manage a D12/Kobe relation better when D12 is such a goof. Not to mention other guys on the team. I think Nash would help being the vet leader ala Fisher, but when winning time comes, Kobe will be Kobe, he's simply not going to give the ball to Nash for a pick and roll. This ain't going to work.....

@CLE- Cavs by 11
@NY- Knicks by 15 (light us up for 15 treys)
@WAS- Wizards by 3
@PHI- 76ers by 5
@CHA- Bobcats by 10 (we NEVER beat these guys)
@GSW- Warriors by 8
Vs NY- NY by 16 (we always lose AND get blown out on Xmas games)
@Den- Nuggets by 12 (revenge for the beating we gave em a week ago or so)
Vs POR- Blazers by 9 (they always play us tough whether its Staples or Rose Garden)

Lakers going into New Year: 9-21. Quote me.

@CLE- Cavs by 11
@NY- Knicks by 15 (light us up for 15 treys)
@WAS- Wizards by 3
@PHI- 76ers by 5
@CHA- Bobcats by 10 (we NEVER beat these guys)
@GSW- Warriors by 8
Vs NY- NY by 16 (we always lose AND get blown out on Xmas games)
@Den- Nuggets by 12 (revenge for the beating we gave em a week ago or so)
Vs POR- Blazers by 9 (they always play us tough whether its Staples or Rose Garden)

Lakers going into New Year: 9-21. Quote me.
Knicks sweep them, & then that Nuggets game is the 2nd night of a back to back. So that's 3 Ls right there. Every other one is a toss up.

Last edited:
Defense Defense Defense. This team has not energy.
It's like they're not getting paid!!!

Dwight. Cmon man. W T F

Time for sig change, the time for not supporting is over; the roster is too talented to be playing like this. Jim Buss failed yet again.

Aside from the coaching, most of the players are playing like they like baseball.
Seriously, bench revamp is needed. Kobe and Metta are the only players actually
BALLING. Jamison too. :x :smh:
This season sucks so far. It's just painful to watch games.

I think more of the problem is that he keeps crying about a non call and he lags on defense because of that.
Been seeing a lot of this lately and it's starting to bother me. Everytime he does that two hands gesture kind of like a shrug...:smh:

Back
Top Bottom