Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We have 11 loses. 6 of which we just threw the game away (this is one of them)
You don't believe that. Yall got outplayed the entire 2nd quarter, 3rd quarter, and 7 minutes of the 4th quarter but you threw it away?

I watched the game. First 18 minutes we played with them. Then the final 6 minutes blew it away.. Then they played a back and forth game.. 3rd quarter they both scored 22.. And started making their comeback.

It's a throwaway because you don't play Duhon on Westbrook/

Missed most of the game tonight and caught the last 5 minutes of the 2nd quarter.

I was PISSED and just disgusted seeing Westbrook get a 4 point play on Duhon >: :smh:

I left to go play some pick up games with a couple friends.Got home and saw that the final score was a little close.

About to watch the replay now.

One thing I've been saying for awhile now is we need Andre Igudola who's a great defensive SF.If Mitch can somehow pull off a trade package of Pau for Iggy at the trade deadline or workout a sign and trade deal next summer.Get the deal done.By then Metta will probably opt out of his final year since he has a player option on his contract next year or Lakers should just amnesty him.

Last edited:
can someone explain what dwight was doing at the 3point line at the end of the 2nd quarter? and why kobe passed to dwight in the corner instead of taking the final shot of the 1st half himself???????? it was a dumb f*cking play!!

Pathetic. The Lakers "upgraded" in the offseason and the Thunder are still the superior team.
I will never use refs as an excuse. They are part of the game. Great teams play through it.
This Laker squad is not a great team.
Peeps waiting for Nash? That washed up PG aint gonna change squat.

We still pull a close one out on Sunday vs Utah.
Unless they pull the hack a Dwight tactic.

Dwight apparently thought he could have a Lakers vs Nuggets kind of night again, where he shoots a 3 and actually makes it. Kobe should have taken the final shot towards the end of the 2nd Quarter for sure.

If you plug in Nash, Meeks, Kobe, Jamison , Dwight..
Or even scratch Jamison for Pau, or even Hill.. It'd be impossible for teams to run with that offense for 6 minutes a game.

Yea I said Ron because he seemed to have no problems guarding and banging in the paint with the 4 in that rotation, while Ibaka flourished when Jamison was on the floor.

And Duhon has to be the backup PG, the guy stretches the floor AND can take the ball to the cup and finish unlike Blake who's a statue behind the 3pt line when he's in the game. Duhon is also active on defense, if the Raptors trade doesn't go through Duhon deserves that pack up PG slot

Pathetic. The Lakers "upgraded" in the offseason and the Thunder are still the superior team.
I will never use refs as an excuse. They are part of the game. Great teams play through it.
This Laker squad is not a great team.
Peeps waiting for Nash? That washed up PG aint gonna change squat.
We still pull a close one out on Sunday vs Utah.
Unless they pull the hack a Dwight tactic.

U a hater.

This game showed alot of positives with this Laker team going forward w/ or w/o Gasol. Last yr w/ the way Westbrook morphed into michael jordan in the last half of the 2nd qtr and him and Durant going for 30 a piece the game wouldn't have even been close lol.

Our bench gave us good minutes, we had decent PG play (Last yr Russell would've went for 30 and our PGs would've combined for like 10, Duhon alone gave us 15) and we made FTs.

Defensively we can't give up 114, and we still have to cut turnovers but this is a completely different team under a completely different system from last month let alone last yr. OKC has the same core, same system and defending west champs and the Lakers hung in there.

If you plug in Nash, Meeks, Kobe, Jamison , Dwight..
Or even scratch Jamison for Pau, or even Hill.. It'd be impossible for teams to run with that offense for 6 minutes a game.

Yea I said Ron because he seemed to have no problems guarding and banging in the paint with the 4 in that rotation, while Ibaka flourished when Jamison was on the floor.

And Duhon has to be the backup PG, the guy stretches the floor AND can take the ball to the cup and finish unlike Blake who's a statue behind the 3pt line when he's in the game. Duhon is also active on defense, if the Raptors trade doesn't go through Duhon deserves that pack up PG slot

Duhon is active on defense when he plays average or below average PGs. I think Delonte deserves the backup spot far more than anyone even on this team.

And Morris driving > Duhon.

Among the backup point guards:
Morris - Best defensive point guard on the team. Still dribbling without going anywhere on offense. He's also developed a three point shot (41%) it seems, but he isn't shooting a lot.

Duhon - Can run the pick and roll well, leading to kickouts for threes. He's also shooting well from three (43%). He can't keep up with the quick guards though.

Blake - Doesn't threaten the opposing in any way off the dribble, all while being an inconsistent three pointer. He tries hard on defense, but can get bodied because of his thin frame.

I didn't know Pietrus had signed with the Raptors for the vet min. It seems like he is drilling 3 pointers with them as well.

The lakers keep been terrible with their role player signings/moves. They must really like sacre,ebanks,and that player from orlando.

In my opinion, Duhon could not defend Westbrook, he scored some decent points, Westbrook was obviously quicker than him in the 1st half, then Westbrook became irrelevant in the 2nd half. The Lakers bench held together for awhile in that 2nd Quarter without Kobe and Dwight. This should have been a blowout game by the Thunder, however give the Lakers credit for making this look like a close game in the end.

Among the backup point guards:
Morris - Best defensive point guard on the team. Still dribbling without going anywhere on offense. He's also developed a three point shot (41%) it seems, but he isn't shooting a lot.

Duhon - Can run the pick and roll well, leading to kickouts for threes. He's also shooting well from three (43%). He can't keep up with the quick guards though.

Blake - Doesn't threaten the opposing in any way off the dribble, all while being an inconsistent three pointer. He tries hard on defense, but can get bodied because of his thin frame.

So each of them have a good qualitiy. But none have more than one :lol:

If only there was a way to combine Morris' defense, speed, and driving to the hoop, Duhon's P&R and 3s, Blake's hustle and effort..

Last edited:
If only there was a way to combine Morris' defense, speed, and driving to the hoop, Duhon's P&R and 3s, Blake's hustle and effort..

If only David Stern wasn't ******ed and hadn't blocked the Chris Paul trade to the Lakers. Oh but he'll let Dwight through. Stern Logic.

Last edited:
If only David Stern wasn't ******ed and hadn't blocked the Chris Paul trade to the Lakers. Oh but he'll let Dwight through. Stern Logic.

That's how we got Nash though.

This team is not as bad as their record shows, and they are not in as bad shape as everyone is panicking about.

Are there holes? Yes.
Should they be fixed? Yes

But does this team suck and are they no longer a threat in the playoffs? No.

Last edited:
This team is not as bad as their record shows, and they are not in as bad shape as everyone is panicking about.
Are there holes? Yes.
Once Nash is healthy, we'll get things rolling again. He obviously has worked with Mike D'Antoni's offense and knows more about it than most of the Lakers team.

Not sure how Pau is gonna fit in though, he hasn't been doing much lately, and with career lows, he's rather slower than Nash, Kobe, and Dwight's pace of offense.

Are there holes? Yes.
agreed. even when nash comes back it will take some games to come together. its too early to panic. i think they will be fine by the all star break. lets face it the lakers will not be the number 1 seed. it just is not happening. the season will be used to come together and gel. even if they get in the postseason as an 8th seed, nobody will want to play the lakers. im not saying 8th is something to be proud of but the lakers will be a team that no one wants to play come playoff time.

Me and the homies said the Lakers would be fine a month ago.
Then said it again 2 weeks ago.
Then said it again last week with a solid win over Denver.

Yet here we are again. 2 games below .500
When is this team gonna be alright?
They say its a long season but all star break is only 60 days away. Half the time we just went through.
Then the playoffs like 60 days after that.
If this pathetic excuse for a team can even make the playoffs.

The Lakers are going to make the playoffs, write it down. Mark it on your calenders, and you know what? The Lakers have never cared about being the best seed.

Back
Top Bottom