Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The actual quote “@gswscribe: MJax: "I wanted my guys to understand we were the better basketball team. We've played 72 games, and survey says we're a better bball team."”

I dont understand how this changes anything? Not trying to provoke, but we've beaten y'all 2 out of the 3 meetings this year, one of which was by 24.

You guys are 4 games ahead... 4. It seems like a lot at this point in the season since theres a battle for positioning for the last 3 spots + Utah and Dallas making some noise, but in the overall picture of this season, it's really not. I'm a Mark Jackson fan don't get me wrong, but like someone else said I dont think..err i KNOW he hasn't done ANYthing coaching wise to be opening his mouth in such a way. Just my opinion though, not really tryna get into an internet message board argument over who's team is better.. or less worse.

Pau has to come off the bench.

Imo Pau starting just doesn't work anymore.

Team were playing better without Pau now he's back and the starting five just look out of place.

I agree with this. If MDA featured him with the second unit, he'd be really effective. MDA loves to use the pick and roll. Why not use it with Pau? Especially when he's up against the other team second unit?

MDA tends to put players in the doghouse too for whatever reasons. Pau is def being under-utilized.

Damn shame too, because he can still put up 14-16 a game and be an inside presence when the game is on the line. MDA is killing this guys confidence.

The Lakers better find a way to get rid of him, or else signing Dwight will cost you guys $82 million in luxury tax. No team in the league is ready to pay that kind of money. Only real way I see them getting rid of Pau is if they amnesty the guy. Which would be a STEAL for any other team in the league. If this does happen, Pau is going to Miami. I'm calling it now :lol:

Even if Dwight is signed next year, then what? This roster isn't built to win long term and won't win currently. Too many holes and the coaching ins't a right fit for the organization. Like I said before, Steve Nash made MDA what he was/is. He only still has this "charm" of an offensive mastermind because of Nash.

Last edited:
I don't think it's as bad as it sounds. Just my opinion. I'll respect y'all thread and head out. :D

:lol: I feel ya. Either way I got respect for you guys, just personally dont feel like Mark Jackson should be poppin' off like that after a game and not only because it was against my team. Especially since blowing a lead like that wont fly in the Playoffs, and figuring out a way to prevent it from happening in the future, thus making noise in the western conference/Playoffs resulting in him being able to spout off as he wishes :D

I agree with this. If MDA featured him with the second unit, he'd be really effective. MDA loves to use the pick and roll. Why not use it with Pau? Especially when he's up against the other team second unit?

MDA tends to put players in the doghouse too for whatever reasons. Pau is def being under-utilized.

Damn shame too, because he can still put up 14-16 a game and be an inside presence when the game is on the line. MDA is killing this guys confidence.

The Lakers better find a way to get rid of him, or else signing Dwight will cost you guys $82 million in luxury tax. No team in the league is ready to pay that kind of money. Only real way I see them getting rid of Pau is if they amnesty the guy. Which would be a STEAL for any other team in the league. If this does happen, Pau is going to Miami. I'm calling it now :lol:

Even if Dwight is signed next year, then what? This roster isn't built to win long term and won't win currently. Too many holes and the coaching ins't a right fit for the organization. Like I said before, Steve Nash made MDA what he was/is. He only still has this "charm" of an offensive mastermind because of Nash.

I had a discussion about this with my friend a few months ago and the consensus was what if you could stagger Kobe/pau minutes with Nash/Dwight minutes so that they wouldn't be all on the floor at the same time? The rationale being since the chemistry isn't there why not try it with pairs instead of all four, plus you can shorten their minutes. We both said it wouldn't ever happen but it would be interesting to see, like there would be wholesale substitutions 3/4 guys at a time to switch it up (like in some college teams).

This was also around the time pau was complaining about coming off the bench, so we both figured that none of these guys would accept being on the bench or playin less minutes. Also another reason why mda can't bench pau: he already hated it the first time

What are current thoughts of Dwight re-signing with the team?

Is it Playoffs or bust?

That's the way I've kind of been looking at it. If the Lakers end up not making it, I think that significantly lowers Dwight's odds of staying a Laker.

Houston would really make too much sense for him. An unselfish (although unpolished) PG in Lin, a multi-faceted star SG who will also feed Dwight, a coach who was a big man himself and understands the importance of a big like Dwight, and enough cap room to give him the next best deal outside of Los Angeles.

is there any chance of getting rick aldeman and what are your guys opinions of him replacing MDA?

Last edited:
Rick Adelman might not even make it thru the season :\

His wife is having serious health issues and has been for some time now. At his age I'm sure he'll take some time off.

I do hope he gets a ring someday

Last edited by a moderator:
Rick Adelman might not even make it thru the season :\

His wife is having serious health issues and has been for some time now. At his age I'm sure he'll take some time off.

I do hope he gets a ring someday

damn that sucks...

ive already gave up this season, if we do make it to playoffs probably not going to get past 1st round.

i was only able to watch 3rd quater... man bogut looked more of a dominate center than dwight

Good news from yesterday:  MWP says he may opt out of his contract this summer!!  LA needs to troll him and tell him to opt out so they can get him a longer deal, then as soon as he does, change the phone numbers and locks.

[quote name="Th3RealF0lkBlu3s"]D'Antoni promised a Finals appearance during his first days as coach of the team. I'd love to hear what kind of explanation he'd give for things not going that way that won't pander to talking about injuries doing us in. It wasn't injuries that 6-12 (6-13 soon enough) record with our four best players playing together[/quote]Under MD, or the whole season?

Lakers bout to lose that 8th seed :pimp:

TWolves 102
Lakers 91
Final

Bucks 112
Lakers 98
Final

Queens 99
Lakers 92
Final

Mavericks 106
Lakers 97
Final

Season ending 6 game skid. Priceless. :pimp:

Lakers bout to lose that 8th seed :pimp:

TWolves 102
Lakers 91
Final

Bucks 112
Lakers 98
Final

Queens 99
Lakers 92
Final

Mavericks 106
Lakers 97
Final

Season ending 6 game skid. Priceless. :pimp:

It's sad that I can actually see this happening. *sigh*

Look, nothing can save this team except a new coach and youth. We need to get younger and more athletic and the Lakers have never done this really through the draft so we're going to have to wait one more year until everyone comes off the books but Dwight and we reload. The problem with that strat is getting role players to fill in the spots.

The league has gotten deeper from a role player standpoint and we have not been able to keep up in recent years. Let's hope that trend changes and we can start scouting some good role players for the future.

I'm sure Essential can break down a list of what will be available in 2014 and what we might be able to swing :lol:

Last edited:
as a rockets fan, I'm praying everything goes to hell for you guys the rest of the season. if the jazz hadn't lost 12 of friggin 15, you guys would be solidly out of the playoffs right now and hopefully Dwight would realize that LA is not where he wants to be.

it should be an interesting last month of the regular season...things could easily go either way.

Look, nothing can save this team except a new coach and youth. We need to get younger and more athletic and the Lakers have never done this really through the draft so we're going to have to wait one more year until everyone comes off the books but Dwight and we reload. The problem with that strat is getting role players to fill in the spots.

The league has gotten deeper from a role player standpoint and we have not been able to keep up in recent years. Let's hope that trend changes and we can start scouting some good role players for the future.

I'm sure Essential can break down a list of what will be available in 2014 and what we might be able to swing :lol:

QFT

We're almost always getting burned by those energy type of players i.e Jack, Brewer etc. We need to BE MORE athletic and younger not older. :smh: Too much veteran in a team is not a good thing. We need a good balance (look at the spurs). Also we need to have a new coach, I won't even know anymore if D'Antoni stays for next season. :smh:

To what Frink said up above, that is what happened last night for the first time all year.

He pulled Nash and Pau mid way thru the first, and then STARTED them at the top of the second quarter. That's the first time all year I have seen him use duos rather than 1 on the court, 3 on the bench. To me, that was a smidge of progress.

Sitting Jamison, Gasol, and Clark the entire 4th quarter, no so much progress. :[

He just played Kobe 42 minutes comin off an ankle, with 12 of those at POWER FORWARD in a game that we were down 22 early in the 4th.

Yes, we made a run. And yet we still lost, and he burned every last bit of energy he had in Nash, Kobe and Dwight to do so. Nash had ZERO legs at the end, dude was beyond exhausted. :lol:

Pau is not even close to being Pau yet. He looks like he's moving ok, but he has no rythym. (understandable) And therein lies where I get pissed. Pau when he was rollin, wasn't good enough to start til Dwight got hurt, now Pau comes back, not in shape, not ready to go, and he puts him back in the starting lineup? What the **** for? The team was FINALLY getting a stretch together, they had ironed out some minutes, Pau coming back only meant that we would have a true C when Dwight sat, instead he ****** puts him back at PF, sits Clark, screws up ALL of the rotationional issues that had been worked out, and now everyone is scrambling again. What. The. ****?

Just like everything else, I get one step forward using duos, and 2 steps back with small ball, another injury (Ron) and rotation crap that is now messed up again.

@ Atlanta, @ Phoenix, Washington and now @ Golden State. 4 losses in a week and a half. When we absolutely can not afford them. :smh:

as a rockets fan, I'm praying everything goes to hell for you guys the rest of the season. if the jazz hadn't lost 12 of friggin 15, you guys would be solidly out of the playoffs right now and hopefully Dwight would realize that LA is not where he wants to be.

it should be an interesting last month of the regular season...things could easily go either way.
i understand your frustration. You have been here before, damn near every year if i may add, so u know our pain. Just missed the playoffs last year, first time having a legit star since tmac, havent raised a banner since 95 
sick.gif
. I know u know failure very well but this here, its all new to us here in laker land. We are used to having a top tier player, sold out games, actually seeing a game televised on national tv weekly and most importantly winning yes WINNING. So while your praying everything goes to hell for us i pray u can actually get deep in the playoffs and know what a championship smells like before coming short and losing. Enjoy your season my friend. BTW im a fan of harden.

Back
Top Bottom