Delete

How Many Games Will The Lakers Win With Mike D'Antoni?

• 40-49...They're Going To Get Worse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 50-59...Good Enough For A Solid Seed, Not Too Shabby

• 60-65...Top Seed and Impressive Record, Thumbs Up

• 66-70...Scary Good, All Teams Are Now Officially Scared

• 71+...Might As Well Cancel The Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
this.

if robert sacre's bum a** just got sent then how in hell would kobe be there?

Because Kobe in 96' was not the Kobe of today :lol:

an unproven 17 year old who didn't play much on a championship contending team...the first high school guard ever taken. Huge Gamble. Huge Risk. Very probable that they would have allowed him some actual game time in the d-league to develop and find himself as a pro instead of letting him use actual NBA gametime on a contender to prove he was NBA ready.

Jerry West made SURE we got Kobe after he was busting some of the best players in L's ***. There's no way in hell (on a team with garbage guards outside of Eddie and Nick the Quick) that Kobe would have been in the D-League. MAYBE if he were on a team loaded with great guards. (Here are the other guards on the Lakers that year for those tryna prove me wrong: Derek Fisher, Byron Scott, and Rumeal Robinson who was pretty good but we only had him for 15 games)

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Kobe play a little PG back then?

Last edited:
Please stop saying Championship contending team in 96, that is and was not the case.

That whole group were a bunch of kids not ready for the primetime. The Jazz proved that to them with ease each year.

West also had to trade Anthony Peeler to make room for Shaq, which he hated to do because he liked Peeler, but he also knew Kobe would take Peeler and Jones's spot when he was ready, so he pulled the trigger. (obviously if you can get Shaq you don't say no so you can hold on to Anthony Peeler. :lol: )

this.

if robert sacre's bum a** just got sent then how in hell would kobe be there?

Because Kobe in 96' was not the Kobe of today :lol:

an unproven 17 year old who didn't play much on a championship contending team...the first high school guard ever taken. Huge Gamble. Huge Risk. Very probable that they would have allowed him some actual game time in the d-league to develop and find himself as a pro instead of letting him use actual NBA gametime on a contender to prove he was NBA ready.

the 13th pick doesnt go to the dleague .

if he was a second rounder or a 20th pic then maybe but not a top 15 pick

the 13th pick doesnt go to the dleague .

if he was a second rounder or a 20th pic then maybe but not a top 15 pick

The number he was drafted is negated because of how historic it was at the time. Drafting a guard out of high school was never done before. In fact the moment he was drafted Patino, Calipari, Hubie, all of those guys who were working with TNT said how good he was going to be. They also said it would take some time for him to come into his own.

The first month of the season he wasn't playing at all. Why keep him on the bench not playing at all when he could be getting run in the D-League? Especially since he was so young and such a project. If he was presumed to contribute immediately he would have gotten far more run than he did early on in his rookie season.

Please stop saying Championship contending team in 96, that is and was not the case.

That whole group were a bunch of kids not ready for the primetime. The Jazz proved that to them with ease each year.

West also had to trade Anthony Peeler to make room for Shaq, which he hated to do because he liked Peeler, but he also knew Kobe would take Peeler and Jones's spot when he was ready, so he pulled the trigger. (obviously if you can get Shaq you don't say no so you can hold on to Anthony Peeler. :lol: )

They made it to the Western Conference Finals in 96' though. That's not a contender? Many people felt that with Shaq there they would be the team that challenged the Bulls. Come on CP, you know that's true. Many pundits picked them to come out west. Now whether you personally resigned to that notion is another story but many analyst felt they were a strong contender.

And Peeler was one of the best players on those bad mid 90's teams, which speaks volumes to how good he felt Kobe was. He didn't pull the trigger as far as shipping Eddie out in Kobe's rookie season though, which should tell you that he didn't feel Kobe was ready to contribute right away. He knew Kobe would be great, but not out the gate.

:lol:

Even bum teams bring their "A" game against the Lakers.
Regardless of the Lakers record.
Its just the way it is.
Then the next night against any other given opponent they wont bring forth the effort they did against the purple and gold.
With that said, Raptors with nothing to lose, no pressure and their full A game take this tonight.

Raptors 109
Lakers 102
Final

I can't say I like tonight's matchup. The Raptors are a roster full of athletes that will look to get up and down.

Its just the way it is.
Then the next night against any other given opponent they wont bring forth the effort they did against the purple and gold.
With that said, Raptors with nothing to lose, no pressure and their full A game take this tonight.

Raptors 109
Lakers 102
Final

i get you deezy

-____________-

How come the lakers never play in their retro jerseys? some of them were so ill. mpls and the royal blue joints. Lebrons teams always stay with new looks on the jerseys to match his shoes lol

i wish lakers played in a retro jersey...last one was 3 years ago i think...i want some other retro jerseys NBA!

miami gets retro and new jersey every year :smh:

Its just the way it is.

Raptors 109
Lakers 102
Final

:smokin

Lets get it.

Its just the way it is.

THIS.

You would think teams get a trophy seeing how hard they play against us.....

dat purp x yellow tho :smokin

Last edited:
How come the lakers never play in their retro jerseys? some of them were so ill. mpls and the royal blue joints. Lebrons teams always stay with new looks on the jerseys to match his shoes lol

I was thinking that the other day....we could be stuntin' on these other teams

Ugh. I remember that. . didn't they changed their shorts after half time then end up with the L. Fail night to say the least.

i recall the amazing feeling before the lakers playoff games in 2009, 2010. I would listen to the radio all day, hear synopses.  then wait watched the game - you never knew which lakers team was going to show up.  they usually did show up and then after the game would watch all teh post game and go online and read about the game, get on NT and talk it out.  What made it amazing was the expectations.. (and obviously the results).

Miss those days.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom