Delete

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

Patrick Willis signs a 5 year 50 million dollar extension that puts him under contract through 2016.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/04/patrick-willis-strikes-gold-with-the-niners/

Much deserved
pimp.gif

very much.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

one
pimp.gif
 for the years he is with us

he is the heart and soul of our defense

the secretary of defense
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
i was afraid PWillis would have been lost to free agency in the next couple of years, word to Julian Peterson.

Would've never thought Bakari Grant would be playing for the 49ers
eek.gif
. Used to work with him at the ARC
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Patrick Willis when it's all said and done might be my favorite 49er of all time..
i love p.willis and all but did you not see joe, jerry or steve play?

just wondering

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Patrick Willis when it's all said and done might be my favorite 49er of all time..
i love p.willis and all but did you not see joe, jerry or steve play?

just wondering

Joe, Jerry, and Steve were all amazing and I'm sure are about 90% of the fanbase's favorite players..But I've always been a defense type guy. In soccer I always wanted to defend, and I found greater pleasure out of stopping an attack over scoring a goal. In basketball I enjoy watching good defense, and I feel the exact same way about football. Although all the fancy scoring is nice, I love low scoring defensive battles. With that said, Patrick Willis obviously plays defense and is great at what he does, so that's why he'll probably go down as my favorite..
On another note, Manny Lawson is unhappy about his contract situation...

A source close to Lawson said it is not worth the risk of injury for him to participate in the conditioning program when the club has not placed a priority on negotiating a long-term contract. Lawson continues to work out on his own.

http://www.csnbayarea.com...D=229346&feedID=5936

Sorry man, I'm 25 and I'm going with Steve Young.

He's the reason I learned how to throw left handed. (useless random fact)

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Probably  throw  better  than Shaun Hill right handed

pimp.gif

The 49ers made this video in honor of P-Willy getting his contract extension.
smokin.gif
And they used ya boy for tha sound track.

Yeah I'm with Bright.  There are far too many great 49ers who I grew up watching to have Patrick Willis take over their spots....regardless of how great he turns out to be.  Im a HUGE Willis fan.  I have his jersey.  But to me, he could win a few Superbowls, and there is no way he's touching Rice, Lott, Montana, Young, BYoung....and even to a lesser extent Merton,  or T.O. (yep..hate all you want).

i'm not even gonna front.. I never got a chance to see jerry/steve so P. Willis will probably be my favorite 49er when all is said and done.

dude got swagger on a hundred thousand trillion
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dland24

Yeah I'm with Bright.  There are far too many great 49ers who I grew up watching to have Patrick Willis take over their spots....regardless of how great he turns out to be.  Im a HUGE Willis fan.  I have his jersey.  But to me, he could win a few Superbowls, and there is no way he's touching Rice, Lott, Montana, Young, BYoung....and even to a lesser extent Merton,  or T.O. (yep..hate all you want).

this...we've got players who are not just niner greats but football greats.

but i can also see where NT23 is coming from...i mean im a huge merton hanks fan! i wore that #36 as much as i wore #16, #8, #80...probably even more
pimp.gif

as far as my favorite niner goes....its obviously NOT alex smith
laugh.gif

but jerry
pimp.gif

and dl24 im glad you didnt put roger craig in that list...maybe im still bitter about that fumble against the giants
tired.gif
mad.gif

A source close to Lawson said it is not worth the risk of injury for him to participate in the conditioning program when the club has not placed a priority on negotiating a long-term contract. Lawson continues to work out on his own.
hopefully we find a way to do it

I think the 49ers are waiting to see how VD performs this year and will most likely extend him mid-season if he keeps it up.

After VD we definitely need to get Goldson locked up.

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

Would've never thought Bakari Grant would be playing for the 49ers
eek.gif
. Used to work with him at the ARC
laugh.gif
Nice, what year did you graduate from Davis?

I think the play at 1:06 is one of my favorite P-Willy play. A linebacker catching up to a receiver from like 15 yards away? That is speed and determination all packed into one.

that hit/response at the 2:45 mark..
sick.gif
#16 of the jets looked like he was getting in his last breaths of air before passing out.

49ERS NEWS | 49ERS VIDEO 

Editor's Update: Vernon Davis had the following posted on his Twitter account, at 2:51 p.m. on Monday,  "We got plenty of time y'all I'll sign an extension soon I'm sure don't worry I'm in 100%"

There is little argument the 49ers had to arrive at a lucrative, long-term extension for linebacker Patrick Willis. After all, Willis embodies every quality coach Mike Singletary values.
But the same can be said of tight end Vernon Davis, whose original rookie contact is set to expire at the end of the season.

Two league sources told Comcast SportsNet Bay Area the 49ers and Davis’ camp are working toward a contract extension. According to the two independent sources, Davis’ side is asking for a five-year, $40 million contract with $25 million in guaranteed money.

While a contract that averages $8 million a year is considered high, it is a reasonable enough starting point for the sides to continue their discussions.
http://
But can the 49ers, among the lower-revenue teams in the NFL, afford to pay Davis so soon after Willis was awarded a five-year, $50 million extension? It’s a legitimate question for an organization that is campaigning for a new stadium that would provide a huge increase in revenue streams.

One source said a large portion of Willis’ money is deferred to 2013, which would enable the 49ers the financial flexibility to award Davis a new contract before the start of this season.

It benefits Davis to sign a long-term contract now before running the risk of injury through another season. And the 49ers can get Davis at a better price now than if he were to put together back-to-back outstanding seasons and hit the open market as an unrestricted free agent.

(The 49ers might be able to exercise the “franchise tag

Back
Top Bottom