Delete.

[h3]Warriors want to keep Watson[/h3]
6:53AM ET

[h5]C.J. Watson | Warriors[/h5]
Top Email

Golden State general manager Larry Riley wants C.J. Watson in a Warriors uniform next season and he has turned down all offers so far for the restricted free agent. The Oakland Tribune [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]reports the[/color] Orlando Magic [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]offered a first-round draft pick, cash and a reserve guard, but Riley decided against the trade.[/color]
"We've had substantial interest for C.J. Watson in regards to sign-and-trades," Riley told the newspaper Monday. "We haven't had an offer that's exceeded C.J.'s value. We like C.J., and we'll be working toward bringing him back." RealGM reported Monday that the Warriors are offering Watson a three-year, $4.5M contract. "I haven't decided if I'm going to take that or sign the qualifying offer," Watson said. "I still have to decide but that is the deal on the table."

wow

r2402282388.jpg

Do it Larry!

Originally Posted by daprescription

Top Email

Golden State general manager Larry Riley wants C.J. Watson in a Warriors uniform next season and he has turned down all offers so far for the restricted free agent. The Oakland Tribune [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]reports the[/color] Orlando Magic [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]offered a first-round draft pick, cash and a reserve guard, but Riley decided against the trade.[/color]
"We've had substantial interest for C.J. Watson in regards to sign-and-trades," Riley told the newspaper Monday. "We haven't had an offer that's exceeded C.J.'s value. We like C.J., and we'll be working toward bringing him back." RealGM reported Monday that the Warriors are offering Watson a three-year, $4.5M contract. "I haven't decided if I'm going to take that or sign the qualifying offer," Watson said. "I still have to decide but that is the deal on the table."
wow

smh.gif

You have GOT to be kidding me. And I am one of the few people on here that dont mind CJ. SMFH

dland24 wrote:
You have GOT to be kidding me. And I am one of the few people on here that dont mind CJ. SMFH

welp, guess you mind him now... hahaha

oh, and new developments:
Third-year point guard C.J. Watson could probably get more minutes, a more sure spot in the rotation, if he were with another NBA team. He likely would make more money, too.

But the way things are working out for Watson, he'll end up with the Warriors for less money and an underdog in the fight for minutes.

However, he has himself to blame.

Warriors general manager Larry Riley has turned down all the offers he's received for Watson, the latest and most significant coming from the Orlando Magic, according to a person close to the talks. Riley turned down a first-round draft pick, cash and a reserve guard, the source said.
mad.gif

Riley, per team policy, declined to comment on trade discussions. But he did say he wants Watson in a Warriors uniform next season.

"We've had substantial interest for C.J. Watson in regards to sign-and-trades," Riley said when reached by phone Monday. "We haven't had an offer that's exceeded C.J.'s value. We like C.J., and we'll be working toward bringing him back."

Watson was called up from the NBA Development League in January 2008 and emerged as one of coach Don Nelson's favorite guards last season. He has said he would like to stay in Oakland but no doubt wants more money and more minutes.

Because he's a restricted free agent, the Warriors have a right to match another team's offer to Watson even if they are over the salary cap. But Watson hasn't been able to get a team to sign him to an offer sheet, largely because Riley has made it clear he would match any reasonable offer before the seven-day grace period expires.

That seems to leave Watson with two realistic options, both of which involve staying with the Warriors.

He could play for the one-year qualifying offer, which is just over $1 million and become an unrestricted free agent at the end of next season.

Or, he could take the security of the three-year, $4.5 million offer he has on the table from the Warriors, which is undoubtedly less money than Watson had in mind.

http://www.contracostatim..._13148272?nclick_check=1

you've got to be kidding me!!

Belinelli was wasting too much too much time on defense, his downfall. CJ on the other hand, works on his jumper 100%. It's Marco's on fault.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

I understand the Warriors management as much as I understand Brett Favre.
pretty much.
When i saw what was being offered for CJ, i thought it'd be a done deal. Not so much the 1st rounder part, but the fact that the magics were going to givethem CASH!

tired.gif

Guys,

I am in a Fantasy Football Keeper league. And I have Peyton Manning, Brady, and Hines Ward. I am in dire need of a RB and I was offered Reggie Bush forManning. Should I accept it? Or should I go look for another RB/WR? Help me out. Haha.

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

i wouldnt do that, considering pierre thomas is the starting RB now.
look else where?
Thats what I was thinking as well. I was also offered McFadden but I don't like him nor the Raiders. I'll keep you fantasy heads updated.

Originally Posted by Tim Lincecum

Originally Posted by chr1scross

I go to Westmoor in Daly City, u?

for me I made up my missing credits, just need to pass Econ/Gov & English and I'm good
Do you really? Damn, I graduated there just 2 years ago.

My little brother is starting his freshman year there tomorrow.
u know Matt, Judd and 'em?

Originally Posted by chr1scross

say NO to Reggie Bush, esp. not for Manning. You can get a better offer than that

Yeah I know. I already rejected the deal. My plan was to keep Brady and trade away Manning for a solid RB or WR and pick up a decent back up in the laterounds. No one is willing to trade though. I've been playing with the same 12 guys for about 6 years now. Some of their decisions are straight up stupid.

Originally Posted by daprescription

Top Email

Golden State general manager Larry Riley wants C.J. Watson in a Warriors uniform next season and he has turned down all offers so far for the restricted free agent. The Oakland Tribune reports the Orlando Magic offered a first-round draft pick, cash and a reserve guard, but Riley decided against the trade.
wow
Riley passed up a late 1st round pick to hold on an NBDL player? ******.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

i've been bashing CJ as well, but in his defense, he did drop 37 in one game. how many late 1st rounders can do that?

Back
Top Bottom