Box Score

Spoiler [+]
20thsex.jpg

Randolph with a 3 pointer!
laugh.gif

12 pts 4 rebs in 16 mins.
50% FGs

look at this fraud

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sp...ike-to-keep-cj-watson-at-the-right-price.html
« Report: Golden State wants to keep C.J. Watson at the right price | Main
[h3]C.J. Watson indicates there is no favorite to acquire him[/h3]posted by Josh Robbins on Jul 27, 2009 10:24:53 AM
Discuss This: Comments (5) | TrackBack (0) | Linking Blogs | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

After being so vocal about wanting to join the Orlando Magic, restricted free agent C.J. Watson is now suggesting that no team has the edge in acquiring him.

"Whichever team best fits me and will give me a chance to play is where me and my agents have to decide," the 25-year-old point guard told RealGM's Alex Kennedy in a text message, as noted in this story on RealGM's Web site.

The Magic's only realistic hope for acquiring Watson is to work out a sign-and-trade deal with the Golden State Warriors. But, as we noted over the weekend, Marcus Thompson II, who covers the Warriors for the Bay Area News Group, has reported that the Warriors seem inclined "to keep Watson at the right price."

Signing Watson to an offer sheet is not a realistic scenario for Orlando. The Magic can only offer Watson a minimum salary, because the Magic used their entire mid-level exception to sign Brandon Bass and Matt Barnes to deals and used the biannual exception last year.

So let's assume for a moment that no sign-and-trade deal will be worked out. Which unrestricted free-agent point guards are still available? The list of point guards who are still available includes Jason Hart, Mike Wilks and Brevin Knight.

"At point guard, we'll continue to be patient," Magic General Manager Otis Smith said on Thursday.

In other free-agent news, any speculation about the Magic making a run at Theo Ratliff to serve as a backup big can now cease. Ratliff signed with the San Antonio Spurs over the weekend, as this Associated Press piece details.

1) NBA Schedule should drop on or around Aug. 4th.

2) 10 game mini plans come out this week or next.

Back
Top Bottom