December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

some chokes come on so quick that you don't have time to tap. i put my brother to sleep with a bow-and-arrow choke on accident because the choke was so deep he never had the chance to tap.
laugh.gif
Favorite submission hold?

Trust me, I very much understand your argument on the topic.

But that’s not how it works.

And with the roster WWE has there is no excuse not to be great.

With the creative freedom AEW has there is no reason for terrible storylines.

This. The WWE has every resource and advantage in the world to not be as stale as they have been for years, and AEW should have full knowledge of what to take and not take from the WWE due to the WWE being around so long in the first place.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

This. The WWE has every resource and advantage in the world to not be as stale as they have been for years, and AEW should have full knowledge of what to take and not take from the WWE due to the WWE being around so long in the first place.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

"Lay of the Land." Who talks like that in real life man? Those backstage interactions are generally dumb and super fake.

My concern always has been, are the wrestlers supposed to pretend they DON'T see a camera right there?

Stupid.

Luger vs this fake looking Steve Blackmon to open the show.
Anyone notice the guy dressed in Hulk outfit the last couple of episodes

It's funny you mentioned that guy who dressed up like Hulk Hogan during '90s TV events. He was in the front row at King Of The Ring '93 when Yokozuna beat Hogan in controversial fashion courtesy of a camera that shot out a flame. He looked shocked like an idiot after Hogan was pinned! 😆

He was a bootleg Hulk Hogan, just a lookalike on crack.
Fake Hulk2.jpg
Fake Hulk4.jpg

So he goes by the alias of Roddy Hogan, but his legal name is Eric Sirvis. And he sells ice cream out of a truck for a living in Michigan.
Fake Hulk3.jpg

Fake Hulk5.jpg

Peep Game Peep Game
@noblekane
@ihust1e
Canadian Destroyer Canadian Destroyer
@ITO
@degenerate423
Case Case
@King of Trash Style
JCMojica24 JCMojica24
@tramericanjr
@rwfanatic

Nitro: 12/25/95

Singles Match
Lex Luger (w/Jimmy Hart) vs. Scotty Riggs

Scotty Riggs really took it to Luger during this match. The Story of Luger having his sights on the Triangle Match could have been told by the announce team. But yea, Riggs looked good here. After he missed that Missle Dropkick, the fans knew what was coming. They always pop for that Torture Rack, rightfully so.

Singles Match
Sting vs. Big Bubba Rogers

Not much to see here honestly, the low point of the show. Sting just needed some momentum heading into Starrcade.

Singles Match
Dean Malenko vs. Mr. JL

Just so you know, Jerry Lynn (J.L) is from Minnesota so that is why Bischoff looked out for him during this time. Looking back on it, JL got a lot of tv time during the end of 95. Great cruiserweight match here. Both men looked strong. I think Lynn messed him arm up when Malenko did that GutBuster. THey went to a quick finish and I saw Nick Patrick signaling for the Medical Staff. Good match.

WCW World Heavyweight Title Match
Randy Savage (c) vs. Ric Flair (w/Jimmy Hart)

Classic matchup between these two. Flair was beating down a completely injured Savage. Savage is really in bad shape going into Starrcade. No way he holds on to the title. SOlid match here. I’m not mad about the Non-Finish since all men needed to safe face going into the PPV.

One thing I will say about WCW, there is NO DOUBT about who the Top Stars are in the company. AEW, you want to be like WCW? Follow that simple rule. Establish tiers within your roster. We look at these shows and we know Hogan, Savage, Giant, Sting, Luger, and Flair are at the Top of the Card. It needs to be easily distinguishable by anyone that watches your program. This 50/50 nonsense doesn’t help anyone.

Lastly, The Pittman/Jimmy HArt segment was terrible. Why disrespect your talent on the air like that? That is a WWE/Vince move right there. “Look at your body vs. LEx Luger’s body.” Why do that?
Lynn has been in just about every Nitro that year. I was thinking what the hell was His purpose. He’s getting all this airtime and it’s not leading up to anything. He comes out every night, Faces a different opponent, has no feuds, isn’t involved in any storylines and his matches are forgettable by the time the big boys come out to play. Makes sense that it would be Bischoff just looking out for him
It's funny you mentioned that guy who dressed up like Hulk Hogan during '90s TV events. He was in the front row at King Of The Ring '93 when Yokozuna beat Hogan in controversial fashion courtesy of a camera that shot out a flame. He looked shocked like an idiot after Hogan was pinned! 😆

He was a bootleg Hulk Hogan, just a lookalike on crack.
Fake Hulk2.jpg
Fake Hulk4.jpg

So he goes by the alias of Roddy Hogan, but his legal name is Eric Sirvis. And he sells ice cream out of a truck for a living in Michigan.
Fake Hulk3.jpg

Fake Hulk5.jpg
This guy an NTWT’er? Anyone from the Michigan area seen him?

This Walter/DragonFruit match is pretty damn good..

NTWT: Don't forget to vote guys..We gotta get the big orange r-tard outta office..I know Joe ain't the best choice, but he's better than what we got..

Luger vs this fake looking Steve Blackmon to open the show.
Anyone notice the guy dressed in Hulk outfit the last couple of episodes
Before I watched Nitro, I saw this post and assumed it was Jerry Flynn.

Then I watched Nitro and saw it was Scotty Riggs.

Please explain the connection between Riggs and SB. :lol:

Before I watched Nitro, I saw this post and assumed it was Jerry Flynn.

Then I watched Nitro and saw it was Scotty Riggs.

Please explain the connection between Riggs and SB. :lol:

Blackmon is #transcendent and Riggs isn't..Simple..

The Walter match lived up to the hype for sure..That Ilja guy is a fun wrestler to watch..He made the size difference not seem like an issue..Both did a very good job..

:lol: @ the random Dave Meltzer shot at 9:30.

I am bumping this post.

EVERYONE that calls themselves a wrestling fan needs to listen to this explanation of how "ratings" are tabulated.

Bischoff is right, how/why this is STILL being used as an actual metric that holds weight is wild.

Education.

Back
Top Bottom