December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

Anyone else notice how many more kids there were in the crowd for wrestling shows back in the 90’s compared to now. And in general how many more kids were into wrestling back then.
Wrestling became more Adult-Oriented post 1998.

Thank the Monday Night Wars for that, especially the Attitude Era. :smh:

Wrestling became more Adult-Oriented post 1998.

Thank the Monday Night Wars for that, especially the Attitude Era. :smh:
Even after that and into the mid 2000’s kids were very visible in the crowds. Still had a lot of pre-teens and teens in the attitude era and After.
Nowadays it’s just fickle adult Mark losers, females that are confused but want to be a part of it and if there are any kids it’s really young ones with their parents and they are few.

There were a lot of old grandma's in the crowds (usually front row) back in the 60's, 70's & early 80's.

Case Case
furiousstylezz furiousstylezz

My dad and great-grandpa took me to a couple shows as a kid in Memphis and other Tennessee towns and the amount of old biddies was insane..That was back in the day when they'd have some 85 yr old grannie in the front row smoking a non filtered Camel while drinking a Pabst Blue Ribbon (before it became the cool hipster thing to do)..They'd get super pissed at the heels and cuss up a storm..5 yr old Case thought that was super funny..

I remember I went to see shows at this one place (can't remember the name) and Lawler was on the card..He was super over like few people I've ever seen..The old grandmas would just swoon over him and grab him and try to kiss him..When we went to the same place the next summer Lawler was a heel and them old ladies would cuss and yell so loud/hard you'd swear they was gonna have a legit heart attack..

Wrestling needs more old time wrestling fans and less fans that only know how to enjoy 17 high spots during a 4 minute match..

There were a lot of old grandma's in the crowds (usually front row) back in the 60's, 70's & early 80's.

Case Case
furiousstylezz furiousstylezz

b5ocksksktd11.png

hqdefault.jpg

Pretty good match. Walter took that kid to school. Never seen that much neck work in a match before.
Other than that, don’t know what old fart Crownette got his panties wet over. Pretty much on par with everything today minus the high flying and super kicks.
Still too much screaming in pain And yelling from the commentators for me though

Pretty good match. Walter took that kid to school. Never seen that much neck work in a match before.
Other than that, don’t know what old fart Crownette got his panties wet over. Pretty much on par with everything today minus the high flying and super kicks.
Still too much screaming in pain And yelling from the commentators for me though

1604368233955.gif

My actual reaction... nah man. If this was par for Wrestling then there wouldn’t be as much complaining as there is.

My dad and great-grandpa took me to a couple shows as a kid in Memphis and other Tennessee towns and the amount of old biddies was insane..That was back in the day when they'd have some 85 yr old grannie in the front row smoking a non filtered Camel while drinking a Pabst Blue Ribbon (before it became the cool hipster thing to do)..They'd get super pissed at the heels and cuss up a storm..5 yr old Case thought that was super funny..

I remember I went to see shows at this one place (can't remember the name) and Lawler was on the card..He was super over like few people I've ever seen..The old grandmas would just swoon over him and grab him and try to kiss him..When we went to the same place the next summer Lawler was a heel and them old ladies would cuss and yell so loud/hard you'd swear they was gonna have a legit heart attack..

Wrestling needs more old time wrestling fans and less fans that only know how to enjoy 17 high spots during a 4 minute match..

Funny enough, my nanny (grandma) was that person to an extent.

Wasn’t one to smoke but she enjoys her Scotch and Waters. I’d hear stories about about her and my great grandma would watch Gorgeous George and they’d yell and boo him. When I was growing up it turned into Ric Flair. But that secretly she liked that bad guys like George. But she loved Ric Flair, Flair could do no wrong.

Many many many years later, because my son had great Irish locks and curls, she would call him Gorgeous George.

I love the old time wrestling fans as well my friend, would love to see more of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom