December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

CDDCB349-B0C2-441D-92DC-D9087E6D88E4.gif
F6A3E574-3457-4C7B-B93C-74551568D750.gif
E86FF3A4-8AA3-4B97-A14E-1EC48709220F.png

NItro 01/22/96

WCW World Heavyweight Title Match
Ric Flair (w/Jimmy Hart) (c) vs. Randy Savage (w/Woman)
They botched the finish here. The bell was ringing WAY before the pin-fall attempt even took place. Nick Patrick came out and I SWORE they were going to reverse the call. Not sure what they were thinking here.

Singles Match
Brian Pillman vs. Dean Malenko
Solid match. Again, whenever I see Pillman in the ring I wonder how he would have matched up against those dudes when he was in his athletic prime. Malenko killed Pillman with that standing GutBuster. Pay attention to Pillman’s chops going forward. They sound like some shotguns.

WCW World Tag Team Title Match
Harlem Heat (Booker T & Stevie Ray) (c) vs. Lex Luger & Sting
Booker T really showed out in his limited minutes of this match. Paying close attention to his development moving forward since I underappreciated him when I was younger. ( datboi81 datboi81 ) . Not sure why the belts were put on Sting/Luger, not like they needed them at all.

Non Title Match
Hulk Hogan vs. The One Man Gang
Hogan kills me whenever he signals for a “Body Slam” because he actually does the animation for a Military Press and we know he isn’t doing THAT. Nothing to see here. Hogan biting is always a funny thing since he is a babyface. One Man Gang took too long in between the Hulk Up and the Big Boot, I wonder if Hogan got frustrated with him being out of position.

Konnan: I know yall saw my dude! Big Konnan!

OK Show. Nothing special.

Canadian Destroyer Canadian Destroyer
@ITO
degenerate423 degenerate423
Case Case
danger style danger style
King of Trash Style King of Trash Style
JCMojica24 JCMojica24

Arthritis will continue to peddle his "can't judge yet." bull**** yet, while immediately mentioning something he doesn't like about AEW.

Ahh the hypebeast with a nickname now.

Not a fan of Mia Yim so they could put the title in her or have her lose all her matches for all I care.

Yea you got me. All I do is bash AEW yet I'm a fan of some of their talents and I watch their show.

Im this close of being done responding to you.

Either work on your material or stay in the TAN thread permanently.

Last edited:
NItro 01/22/96

WCW World Heavyweight Title Match
Ric Flair (w/Jimmy Hart) (c) vs. Randy Savage (w/Woman)
They botched the finish here. The bell was ringing WAY before the pin-fall attempt even took place. Nick Patrick came out and I SWORE they were going to reverse the call. Not sure what they were thinking here.

Singles Match
Brian Pillman vs. Dean Malenko
Solid match. Again, whenever I see Pillman in the ring I wonder how he would have matched up against those dudes when he was in his athletic prime. Malenko killed Pillman with that standing GutBuster. Pay attention to Pillman’s chops going forward. They sound like some shotguns.

WCW World Tag Team Title Match
Harlem Heat (Booker T & Stevie Ray) (c) vs. Lex Luger & Sting
Booker T really showed out in his limited minutes of this match. Paying close attention to his development moving forward since I underappreciated him when I was younger. ( datboi81 datboi81 ) . Not sure why the belts were put on Sting/Luger, not like they needed them at all.

Non Title Match
Hulk Hogan vs. The One Man Gang
Hogan kills me whenever he signals for a “Body Slam” because he actually does the animation for a Military Press and we know he isn’t doing THAT. Nothing to see here. Hogan biting is always a funny thing since he is a babyface. One Man Gang took too long in between the Hulk Up and the Big Boot, I wonder if Hogan got frustrated with him being out of position.

Konnan: I know yall saw my dude! Big Konnan!

OK Show. Nothing special.

Canadian Destroyer Canadian Destroyer
@ITO
degenerate423 degenerate423
Case Case
danger style danger style
King of Trash Style King of Trash Style
JCMojica24 JCMojica24

Looking forward to writing about this one tomorrow.

Ahh the hypebeast with a nickname now.

Not a fan of Mia Yim so they could put the title in her or have her lose all her matchers for all I care.

Yea you got me. All I do is bash AEW yet I'm a fan of some of their talents and I watch their show.

Im this close of being done responding to you.

Either work on your material or stay in the TAN thread permanently.
I didn't specify who I was referring to in that post, so you attacking me for no reason is a bit baffling. However, since you'd like to be referred to as "Arthritis" then I'll abide.

Here are 2 wrestler w/ Arthritis. Enjoy the match:

Word, had no idea what WCW was until I randomly flipped the channel at my aunt's house one day. Around 95 when I was 8. I then started watching WCW weekly once Scott Hall joined in 96
I watched wcw Saturday night for a while before Nitro started, but not enough to have seen the Horsemen's glory days. I do remember Sting and Vader being a big deal, and seeing them in magazines. As a kid who only had access to wwf, they just seemed so much more real. Flair was amazing as the real world's champion when I was 8 too, I believed that ish!

Back
Top Bottom