December Wrestling Thread | Rest In Peace Brodie Lee | Happy New Year | JOTM Bruce Mitchell

tumblr_oh54hx95fO1vn0u7po1_1280.jpg

flTVu6k80dyvV_Ye8KY1s_nXyml6Ombm6rajJZbkNgg.jpg

I’ve always thought this was a power move by Vince. Talent does anything that rubs him the wrong way And he exploits them by purposely making them do the things they are not good at. A way to say “I own you and can squash you”.
With Rick O’Shea everything went downhill for him when he decided to finger himself.

Yea, it is a power move by Vince that hurts Vince in the long run.

That is why it is SO dumb to me that Vince thinks he is punishing ANYONE but himself by making HIS "toys" look like idiots/dweebs/bums.

It is flat out STUPID.

I’ve always thought this was a power move by Vince. Talent does anything that rubs him the wrong way And he exploits them by purposely making them do the things they are not good at. A way to say “I own you and can squash you”.
With Rick O’Shea everything went downhill for him when he decided to finger himself.
ESOZ8l7XkAA6k5f.jpg

Yea, it is a power move by Vince that hurts Vince in the long run.

That is why it is SO dumb to me that Vince thinks he is punishing ANYONE but himself by making HIS "toys" look like idiots/dweebs/bums.

It is flat out STUPID.

Dusty Rhodes - Polka Dots

Reactions: 907
I’m not seeing how her being someone people jerk off to means she’a top 10 in Merch sales :lol:.

It is all connected.

If you are willing to waste "life" on someone you are more likely to spend your hard earned American dollars on/for/toward supporting them.

D deleted - Uncle Jun is participating in the DDT Grand Prix. Imma try to catch all his matches. Anybody else i should keep my eye on from the Dramatic Dream Teams? :nerd:

night 1 korakuen main event

D deleted - Uncle Jun is participating in the DDT Grand Prix. Imma try to catch all his matches. Anybody else i should keep my eye on from the Dramatic Dream Teams? :nerd:

My man Endo. One of the best SSP's in the world. #IbushiGrowthHormone though.

Yuki Ueno is a solid young talent.

Yukio Sakaguchi has good striking, nobody is on his level in that company.

Nitro 1/22/96

Konnan first appearance!

Savage vs Flair

Woman’s Debut! And was that Hogan’s wife in that group too???

I like the way this episode started. Main event storytelling at the top.

Cool thing they did by keeping the WCW magazine promotional commercial there.

Some confusion there at the end when the bell rang after the interference but the match hadn’t ended.

I don’t like the belt changing hands so much in the last couple of weeks. WCW was not supposed to be about that.

Pillman vs. Malenko

What the hell was Pillman wearing?

I think bringing all these guys to Vegas was probably A bad idea especially Hawk.

Real clash of styles right here. I used to hate Dean Malenko as a kid because he was so “boring” to watch but as a kid all you want is fast, high flying action.

I wonder what could have been if Steve Austin stayed together with Pillman with him as the Stone Cold character and Pillman as the loose cannon.

Harlem Heat vs. Luger & Sting

All I’m thinking is HH vs. Road Warriors is going to be that dream match.

Heat worked sting pretty good.

Good match with hard bumps and crowd hype. They gave it a good slot in the show.

I saw the “good guys” had to cheat to win the match but I didn’t see how the match actually ended. Something is wrong with this episode where it glitched up and I can’t fast forward to that point without having to watch the whole episode over and I’m not about to do that.

Not expecting much from that Hogan match anyways.
@ITO danger style danger style Case Case degenerate423 degenerate423 JCMojica24 JCMojica24 King of Trash Style King of Trash Style DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

Last edited:
Monday Night Nitro 22 January 1996

Commentator Opening

Nothing of note from them, but Konan coming out and looking jacked was a fun spot. Would have been good for the team to go over how great of a Mexican champion he is and build up him defending the AAA title.

Macho Man vs Ric Flair for the WCW World Title
Where do I start... we have a world championship match on a card the features a tag team title match and a non title US championship match, along with a throwaway Malenko/Pillman match. So we are starting first... with the world title. No build, not importance, start and here you go. Not only that, Macho Man comes out for his match and first thing is we have a parade of women for no real reason (Woman and Hogan’s wife included) and we HAVE to get Hogan to talk to him and challenge him BEFORE he wins the title to a title match. Of course they continue to talk over each other and it's a cluster ****. At this point there should be no time at all where you have both Macho Man and Hogan with each other, around a mic together, or really having any kind of card together. It’s been done, and the 80s aren’t coming back. If there was One storyline that happened, it could be interesting. But Hogan and Savage have been stuck at the hip since Nitro started, and there has been nothing clean or legitimate about any champion so far. So now we have Hogan calling for a title match, before Savage wins the title, with them tag teaming the very next night while Elizabeth makes her return to wrestling. It’s just not good. (Insert this same logic with Sting and Flair)
To the match itself, it was rushed for a title match. US, Cruiser, TV, Tag Titles I’m fine with being quicker matches pending the story being told. But there are very few reasons a world title match is this rushed, opens are card let alone a ******* Nitro, and is presented in this way. It diminishes the importance of being the champion, something I will talk more about as the Nitro goes on.
Not only does all this go on, they screw up the finish. Nick Patrick runs out of no where, the bell is ringing minutes before the finish of the match, the ref inside the ring isn’t paying attention to anything. This pure cluster of a match ending falls right in line with all the M. Night Shyamalan twists WCW has had with their world title. As a watcher, I could care less who is the champion right now… the title is a hot potato that isn’t being showcased well at all. To make those matters even worse, of course the horseman come and and Hogan inserts himself in he match again.
Biggest problem I have is Savage has never been made to be a strong champion, and once again he’s not. Strong, credible, or even good don’t belong in any description for Savage. With a weak title you also have a weak champion…
Let’s not forget Hogan having to cut another promo after the match and they must talk on an over themselves with a bunch of nonsense.

Dean Malenko vs Brian Pillman
The match itself was fine, but man Malenko has to be thee most dry human being on the planet. He gives Lance Storm a run for his money… he looks like a million bucks when chain wrestling and then the camera stays on his face to show nothing. He would of served better behind a mask. Decent and physical match, solid overhead gut buster spot I liked. The finish was good, but it doesn’t help when the ref was looking at Malenko get tied up in the ropes, fall down and then jump over the wrestler. Yikes.
Why is this match going on after a world title match?

Harlem Heat vs Lex Luger and Sting WCW Tag Team Championship
We have probably the best match and the best story told on the card. Something I enjoy with this Luger/Sting angle is we know it will catch up and end up in a clash somewhere. But in the mean time they are best of friends. The match itself was good, Heat looked like a million bucks and a legit Championship team. They worked on Sting, cut the ring off, and played the part. Then Jimmy and Luger with a good heel angle… against Heels? That part didn’t make sense to me, are we trying to feel bad for Harlem Heat on this exchange? Well the answer is no, Heat are the sacrificial lambs for something more important to WCW. And if Luger was being a heel, why didn’t Harlem Heat use some heel tactics as well? Turn about being fair play… the end of this match and it’s logic wasn’t great. Ref botched the finish as well making Luger restart his tag in and run while looking right at the tag.
I don’t understand the decision to take the titles off of Harlem Heat, they should be propped up as a legit champion but they are sacrificed to tell the Luger/Sting story. You can still tell the same story without Heat dropping the titles. You now have two champions who’ve lost their titles on one Nitro. So now two champions look weak, two changes, two bad losses.

One Man Gang vs Hulk Hogan
Here we are folks… the main event. One Man Gang… in a non title match. There is nothing about the match to mention, so I won’t. The more Hogan does his 1980’s play to the crowd the more it makes me want to turn off the show. Absolutely no one cares about OMG. No one cares he has the US title. No one believes he is a true threat against Hogan. There is legitimately no reason to have Hogan on as much as he is on this Nitro.
Here is the theme coming back around, this is now the 3rd champion who has lost in the night. Every champion on the card except the TV champion, whoever that is, has looked weak. Does not project to the crowd as a legit champion, therefore what’s the point of having any championship??
Given all that, of course we have run ins with DOD and the Horseman. For what?! 19 people have to team up to go against Hogan and broken Savage? Why are you holding back the Giant constantly? Why are the horseman and DOD together at all? I hate it.
To finish the show, god forbid we miss the THIRD opportunity in a ONE hour show to have a Hogan and Savage interview and blabber on about nonsense all on top of each other.

This is up there with my least favorite Nitro

DCBatman DCBatman
D Fly D Fly
Sharpshoeter13 Sharpshoeter13
6 Rings G.O.A.T. 6 Rings G.O.A.T.
DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican
Canadian Destroyer Canadian Destroyer
Case Case
JCMojica24 JCMojica24

Monday Night Nitro 22 January 1996

Commentator Opening

Nothing of note from them, but Konan coming out and looking jacked was a fun spot. Would have been good for the team to go over how great of a Mexican champion he is and build up him defending the AAA title.

Macho Man vs Ric Flair for the WCW World Title
Where do I start... we have a world championship match on a card the features a tag team title match and a non title US championship match, along with a throwaway Malenko/Pillman match. So we are starting first... with the world title. No build, not importance, start and here you go. Not only that, Macho Man comes out for his match and first thing is we have a parade of women for no real reason (Woman and Hogan’s wife included) and we HAVE to get Hogan to talk to him and challenge him BEFORE he wins the title to a title match. Of course they continue to talk over each other and it's a cluster ****. At this point there should be no time at all where you have both Macho Man and Hogan with each other, around a mic together, or really having any kind of card together. It’s been done, and the 80s aren’t coming back. If there was One storyline that happened, it could be interesting. But Hogan and Savage have been stuck at the hip since Nitro started, and there has been nothing clean or legitimate about any champion so far. So now we have Hogan calling for a title match, before Savage wins the title, with them tag teaming the very next night while Elizabeth makes her return to wrestling. It’s just not good. (Insert this same logic with Sting and Flair)
To the match itself, it was rushed for a title match. US, Cruiser, TV, Tag Titles I’m fine with being quicker matches pending the story being told. But there are very few reasons a world title match is this rushed, opens are card let alone a ****ing Nitro, and is presented in this way. It diminishes the importance of being the champion, something I will talk more about as the Nitro goes on.
Not only does all this go on, they screw up the finish. Nick Patrick runs out of no where, the bell is ringing minutes before the finish of the match, the ref inside the ring isn’t paying attention to anything. This pure cluster of a match ending falls right in line with all the M. Night Shyamalan twists WCW has had with their world title. As a watcher, I could care less who is the champion right now… the title is a hot potato that isn’t being showcased well at all. To make those matters even worse, of course the horseman come and and Hogan inserts himself in he match again.
Biggest problem I have is Savage has never been made to be a strong champion, and once again he’s not. Strong, credible, or even good don’t belong in any description for Savage. With a weak title you also have a weak champion…
Let’s not forget Hogan having to cut another promo after the match and they must talk on an over themselves with a bunch of nonsense.

Dean Malenko vs Brian Pillman
The match itself was fine, but man Malenko has to be thee most dry human being on the planet. He gives Lance Storm a run for his money… he looks like a million bucks when chain wrestling and then the camera stays on his face to show nothing. He would of served better behind a mask. Decent and physical match, solid overhead gut buster spot I liked. The finish was good, but it doesn’t help when the ref was looking at Malenko get tied up in the ropes, fall down and then jump over the wrestler. Yikes.
Why is this match going on after a world title match?

Harlem Heat vs Lex Luger and Sting WCW Tag Team Championship
We have probably the best match and the best story told on the card. Something I enjoy with this Luger/Sting angle is we know it will catch up and end up in a clash somewhere. But in the mean time they are best of friends. The match itself was good, Heat looked like a million bucks and a legit Championship team. They worked on Sting, cut the ring off, and played the part. Then Jimmy and Luger with a good heel angle… against Heels? That part didn’t make sense to me, are we trying to feel bad for Harlem Heat on this exchange? Well the answer is no, Heat are the sacrificial lambs for something more important to WCW. And if Luger was being a heel, why didn’t Harlem Heat use some heel tactics as well? Turn about being fair play… the end of this match and it’s logic wasn’t great. Ref botched the finish as well making Luger restart his tag in and run while looking right at the tag.
I don’t understand the decision to take the titles off of Harlem Heat, they should be propped up as a legit champion but they are sacrificed to tell the Luger/Sting story. You can still tell the same story without Heat dropping the titles. You now have two champions who’ve lost their titles on one Nitro. So now two champions look weak, two changes, two bad losses.

One Man Gang vs Hulk Hogan
Here we are folks… the main event. One Man Gang… in a non title match. There is nothing about the match to mention, so I won’t. The more Hogan does his 1980’s play to the crowd the more it makes me want to turn off the show. Absolutely no one cares about OMG. No one cares he has the US title. No one believes he is a true threat against Hogan. There is legitimately no reason to have Hogan on as much as he is on this Nitro.
Here is the theme coming back around, this is now the 3rd champion who has lost in the night. Every champion on the card except the TV champion, whoever that is, has looked weak. Does not project to the crowd as a legit champion, therefore what’s the point of having any championship??
Given all that, of course we have run ins with DOD and the Horseman. For what?! 19 people have to team up to go against Hogan and broken Savage? Why are you holding back the Giant constantly? Why are the horseman and DOD together at all? I hate it.
To finish the show, god forbid we miss the THIRD opportunity in a ONE hour show to have a Hogan and Savage interview and blabber on about nonsense all on top of each other.

This is up there with my least favorite Nitro

DCBatman DCBatman
D Fly D Fly
Sharpshoeter13 Sharpshoeter13
6 Rings G.O.A.T. 6 Rings G.O.A.T.
DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican
Canadian Destroyer Canadian Destroyer
Case Case
JCMojica24 JCMojica24
All the signs were there early on that they were going to bury talent and hold some back all for the sake of the biggest name in wrestling

In his block, you should really only be looking out for Endo and Ueno...Jun could probably get a good match out of Higuchi too

A Block has the better lineup tbh...most of those matches have potential

Back
Top Bottom