Debt Free?

It's right outside.

One issue is the amount of young people out here is rising, which scares me long term.
Same issue out here in the DC area
mean.gif
. The young professionals are driving up prices.

I live in OC, been looking at houses/condos/multi families over here for a minute. You can get a nice condo in Long beach for 325k. I'm in escrow for a property on border of South LA county and North OC, this is where prices seem to be reasonable and areas are still decent imo.

Last edited:
I live in OC, been looking at houses/condos/multi families over here for a minute. You can get a nice condo in Long beach for 325k. I'm in escrow for a property on border of South LA county and North OC, this is where prices seem to be reasonable and areas are still decent imo.

I live in north OC... Yorba Linda/ Ana Hills are two of the richest towns in OC lol.

Ur in escrow in La Habra I take it?

The thing with condos is the Hoa that can make it killer. Mine just went up to $375 [emoji]128553[/emoji]

What area in Long Beach?  a girl I know just paid a lot more than that for her condo in the Naples Canals gated community in LB

1300 for a studio :x

That's it? Thought studios would be more than that never been in the market for a studio. Guess it depends on the area.
Depends on where in the city. You can probably find them (and 1 bedrooms) around that price in NE (not including the new places they've been building). Not finding finding that anywhere west of 14th street. You have to spend at least 1800

Jesus you can find a nice 2 bedroom here in FL for 725. You guys must be banking in OC to countinue to pay those prices.

Yeah the cali prices are very ridiculous I'd never pay. In a few years I might be working in San Jose for about 8 months, but if my job doesn't pay for rent I will not go.

@silkboi  I'm not even sure if you can find a studio in NE for that price unless you are living in the hood. Prices have gone up a lot.

capital sb capital sb You can find spots around Catholic U and go north from there around Michigan Park and Ft Totten. They won't be the nicest or newest buildings, but they're decent areas.

If you're talking Deanwood and Mayfair side then yeah, you'll be in the hood.

The other option is to just find a basement to rent.

Wanted to see if any of the Niketalkers out there are 100% debt free. My wife and I are debt free other than our mortgage and on target to pay that off in 17 years instead of 30, owe about 205k on it. Fully paid for 05 Accord and 07 F-150.

I do use credit cards for rewards but they are paid in full every month. Between my wife and I's cards we have probably gotten 400 + dollars so far in rewards. We then use those rewards to cover most of our Christmas gifts to the family.

Each year we would on building out a monthly budget in excel that as we look at 2014 is up to 50 different rows of where our money needs to go to keep us on track.

Also, starting to think about our retirement location, we currently live on the East Coast, but thinking West Coast, I have heard great things about Spokane Washington. Both under 30 with 200k in Retirement savings so far and would love to retire in 25 years by the time we both hit 55.

I know my drive to be debt free started with Dave Ramsey and he continued to motivate me daily.
http://www.daveramsey.com/home/

Great books to read
Amazon product ASIN 1589795474
Amazon product ASIN 1118011570
Amazon product ASIN 1615890343
Amazon product ASIN 159555078X
Amazon product ASIN 0615887422

Forums I read:
http://www.freemoneyfinance.com/
If it hasnt been asked.. how much do you all make approx?  because that is a huge factor.  Also, do you all come from money, a middle class background? ie how much of a "headstart" in life did you all have?

Question. A few years ago when I turned 20 I opened a cc with a $500 limit. Some months later I stopped paying it off and after a whole, it disappeared from my accounts list (BoA). I know it has to still be out there. What can I do to track it down and pay it off? I need to build up credit for when I plan to move out net year.

Question. A few years ago when I turned 20 I opened a cc with a $500 limit. Some months later I stopped paying it off and after a whole, it disappeared from my accounts list (BoA). I know it has to still be out there. What can I do to track it down and pay it off? I need to build up credit for when I plan to move out net year.

Did u use the entire $500 limit?

Back
Top Bottom