Deadstock or Non-Deadstock??? You tell me............

When I first saw that Deadstock Seal on the Paranorman Box I thought that was genius until I realized how much of a headache that would be for retailers who's customers wanted to try them on.  I think it would be good for limited releases because they sell out right away anyway

That box was a dream for a cat sellin fakes...no way im buyin shoes i cant open the box first on...but i guess they werent meant for the public anyway

IMO...If you can clearly tell that the shoes have been worn outside of a store/house (non-factory creasing, dirt on soles), no longer DS. Once they hit the pavement or court (even for quick test run), over with DS.

I've purchased so many shoes where the laces were undone or the inserts were taken out, and Footlocker never put "NDS" on my box or gave discounts..stop the bltch*****edness. Most of you sell shoes, but you never asked the store rep if your pair was tried on when you bought them, but you still list them as "DS, Unworn, Never Tried On"

"...tried on with socks..." ya'll are taking shoes to another level lol.

Last edited:
:lol:

You guys and your replies.

My take on this subject, is the same as I've stated before.

Once you've tried on the shoe, it is no longer DS.

Its that simple.

feeling bad for people that think ds is never tried on and later finding out their shoes were tried on before they purchased.

all these used shoes being sold at shoe stores :rofl:

a shoe store employee generally checks if a shoe is used by looking at the soles for dirt/rocks/wear and the upper to any signs of wear for returns and i highly, highly, doubt they will ever say, "i saw you try that shoe on. now you have to buy it as its not new anymore."

If its a SELLER (aka got online or at store) and if they try them on before sending you the item then they are NOT deadstock.

If it is a store then its a given that people will try them on.

Deadstock - Never tried on, unlaced, or worn. The way they were when YOU got 'em.

NDS - Some of the above or all happened, but they still look pretty new.
VVVVVVVNDS - code for someone that bought these to take an Instagram pic before they sell/return them 
mean.gif

El. Oh. El.

This is why I come on NT while I'm at work...always good for a laugh.

None of you have ever bought a car with 0 miles. Also, you cannot buy a car from the manufacturer. Even if you go to Europe. If you buy a Chevy, you aren't buying it from Chevrolet, you are buying it from a dealer. Car manufacturers don't sell direct. You can go on their website, build a car, and then "order" it....the car goes to a dealer and you buy it from there.

As for shoes...the question was objective, not subjective. Deadstock. DEAD STOCK. When the stock shipment is sent to the US, they are "dead"...anything after that is UN-DEADSTOCKING. Thus the term, "un-ds".

Technically, if you try on a shoe, it is no longer DS. In my situation, I LOVE to relace shoes...even if I have no intention of wearing them anytime soon, first thing I do is relace them to how I will rock them. In that example, all of my "DS" shoes are actually NOT DS. Most people won't care, but some people are sticklers for "DS"

Also...when you buy a shoe from a retailer and they aren't factory laced, they aren't DS. Someone tried it on. Truthfully, it's only important to you suspect down the road resellers that buy sneakers to say you have it so you can sell it in 10 years as DS. I love seeing pictures of old DS shoes, but truthfully, I find it to be a lil corny. Why buy the shoe in the first place? Let somebody who...I dunno...ACTUALLY WANTS TO WEAR THEM, have them.

Peace.
You can buy a car right off the line, delivered to your house, with 25ft on the odometer.

This is like virginity lol... You can tell who is asking their new gf about every one of her sexual encounters by their feelings on this.

Its actually pretty easy to re-factory lace your shoes. So my point here is, unless there is visible signs of wear/formentioned wear from seller then you would really never know.

Entertaining thread! I always try on one shoe. Sometimes i have decided to sell the pair. In that case in my ad I guess one shoe is DS and one is used lol. At least I know now so I wont false advertise

People getting too technical with this but I agree with most just because you try them on at home doesnt mean that theyre not ds anymore thats so ridiculous what do u call that then VVVVVNDS I mean cmon

As long as it doesn't have any visible signs of being worn (creases, dirty sole, pressured midsole), i could care less.

If your deadstock looks like this? Then I would say no-deadstock for you LMAO. This is what I call DEADSTOCK FOR REAL Or DOA STOCK

this. you guys are hillarious.

shoes get tried on so they not new anymore?

the car analagy is also a joke. cars are still considered new until they are registered to an owner. they can be test driven for 100 miles and still sold as new.

i'd love to see some of you guys at the shoe store say "Im not buying these for full price since the shoes were tried on."
ahah... This.

I'm picky AF about shoes bein' tried on. If they're not factory laced, then I won't cop (if from a reseller). To the person who said, "i'd love to see some of you guys at the shoe store say "Im not buying these for full price since the shoes were tried on."" The DIFFERENCE is we don't pay a store 2-5x retail. I just got a pair of kicks from eBay and they claimed DS and they're not factory laced and barely have a brand new smell. I'm def filin' a dispute. The way I see it, if I pay several times over retail, then I expect the reseller to deliver me goods in a way I'd feel comfortable.

I'm picky AF about shoes bein' tried on. If they're not factory laced, then I won't cop (if from a reseller). To the person who said, "i'd love to see some of you guys at the shoe store say "Im not buying these for full price since the shoes were tried on."" The DIFFERENCE is we don't pay a store 2-5x retail. I just got a pair of kicks from eBay and they claimed DS and they're not factory laced and barely have a brand new smell. I'm def filin' a dispute. The way I see it, if I pay several times over retail, then I expect the reseller to deliver me goods in a way I'd feel comfortable.

You commented in a thread that hasn't been commented in for over a year to say this dumb comment? To the person? I'm one post above yours.

Makes no sense that the price you pay for a shoe determines whether it's dead stock or not.

And :rofl: about the claim. Good luck with that crap. :rofl:

Last edited:
You commented in a thread that hasn't been commented in for over a year to say this dumb comment? To the person? I'm one post above yours.

Makes no sense that the price you pay for a shoe determines whether it's dead stock or not.

And
roll.gif
about the claim. Good luck with that crap.
roll.gif
I didn't quite check ALL the dates. I did a Google search, this thread came up at the top of the results, and I'm a member here, so I figured I read this thread before other search results. Laugh @ it all you want, but I'd legit hope to get my cash back from that seller and return those kicks.

eBay claim:
The shoe laces aren't factory laced and don't have dat new car smell. I want my money back.

Result:
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

eBay claim:
The shoe laces aren't factory laced and don't have dat new car smell. I want my money back.

Result:
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
LOL.... there's also some kind of slight stain on the sole. @ the end of the day, I know it's outrageous, but can't help it.

Did u not get pics before purchasing? Malinda like you put up a nice amount of money and should have seen detailed pics of the product you were purchasing.

Did u not get pics before purchasing? Malinda like you put up a nice amount of money and should have seen detailed pics of the product you were purchasing.
No doubt, there was plenty of pics, the thing is, once I got the package, the kicks were no longer factory laced, the box was a bit beat cause the person put it in some crappy box and the taping job was horrendous lol.  

whats funny to me is when dudes are selling kicks and they advertise it like "NOT DS. Tried on once and then put back in the box."

roll.gif
 dudes are happy to try shoes on and then take a hit for it.

Back
Top Bottom