Dead Bodies On Mt. Everest

Originally Posted by DajonDondo

whoaaaaaaaaaa make the money feel 800 pounds.. whoaaa.... why cant they have helicopters go and scoop them or soem thing... i dont wanna sound dumb. but no one asked it.....

You can't fly with a helicopter in the dead zone. The wind is too strong and the air is too thin.

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

Mount haunted.

This ain't beautiful. Peoples efforts came short of their goals and ended up dieing. Then other people just leave their bodies as they climb by it. That $!*+ is beautiful to y'all? Sick

r.I.p though to everyone who died on that moantain.
laugh.gif
what happened there Mr. Knowledgeable?

anyhow, very interesting stuff OP.

Why does it cost 25k to climb? What type of supplies do they use?

Also, how do most of these people die? Is it only from frostbite or falling?

Originally Posted by Chrisphreezy

Why does it cost 25k to climb? What type of supplies do they use?

Also, how do most of these people die? Is it only from frostbite or falling?

I would guess because of the equipment mostly. Like enough padding, water, food and others to keep it from freezing. Plus Mt. Everest isnt down the street. Its in Nepal and you have to obtain a permit, which would the bulk of the 25k.

They could die from exhaustion, frostbite, falling, hypothermia.

^ climbing equipment isn't cheap. Part of that 25k also goes to expedition leaders and sherpas. The root of most deaths is simply the lack of oxygen. Check out Acute Mountain Sickness.

whoaaaaaaaaaa make the money feel 800 pounds.. whoaaa.... why cant they have helicopters go and scoop them or soem thing... i dont wanna sound dumb. but no one asked it.....

Helicopters can't go that high because there's so little air for their blades to cut through, therefore creating too little lift.  It's the same reason why we don't take helicopters into space.

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

Mount haunted.

This ain't beautiful. Peoples efforts came short of their goals and ended up dieing. Then other people just leave their bodies as they climb by it. That +%$@ is beautiful to y'all? Sick

r.I.p though to everyone who died on that moantain.

It's beautiful because this was their goal. I wish I could go out like that...doing something I love.

They came up short, but they tried. Much respect. RIP.

I will never understand why white people have to risk death to feel alive.. I'm not even playing the race card. It just is what it is. I mean, I will never understand a lot of %@!! about my black people either (that goes without saying), but this thrill seeking stuff white people do just bewilders me. You mean to tell me it cost 25 racks to die on a mountain and never make it home? You know... they pay you them same racks to die in the dessert and never make it home. And your kids get benefits. Hey! Win win! Bullets and a burial > Cold and eternal loneliness. Go to war white people. You can still be a hero AND get a medal. Leave Everest be. Nature ain't NEVER been the one to *@!* with. I guess some cats never feel alive till they're dying. Ya'll gon learn...
30t6p3b.gif

It's beautiful because this was their goal. I wish I could go out like that...doing something I love.
Race check? This is exactly what I mean. I mean, I love guns and rap.. that's why I asked. I want to die comfortably in my bed though, not like Tupac. I just don't get the thrill of it..

Originally Posted by Murda He

I will never understand why white people have to risk death to feel alive.. I'm not even playing the race card. It just is what it is. I mean, I will never understand a lot of %@!! about my black people either (that goes without saying), but this thrill seeking stuff white people do just bewilders me. You mean to tell me it cost 25 racks to die on a mountain and never make it home? You know... they pay you them same racks to die in the dessert and never make it home. And your kids get benefits. Hey! Win win! Bullets and a burial > Cold and eternal loneliness. Go to war white people. You can still be a hero AND get a medal. Leave Everest be. Nature ain't NEVER been the one to *@!* with. I guess some cats never feel alive till they're dying. Ya'll gon learn...
30t6p3b.gif

Race check? This is exactly what I mean. I mean, I love guns and rap.. that's why I asked. I want to die comfortably in my bed though, not like Tupac. I just don't get the thrill of it..

you can't be serious
laugh.gif

"I'm not even playing the race card"
roll.gif

not speaking on behalf of any race....

But what is the point of living if you can't risk it? The biggest risk in the world is not taking any risk, you die either ways.

30t6p3b.gif

Your ignorance is disgusting and this is probably one of the dumbest things I've ever read on NT.

Clearly I just brought rac into this. But I didn't mean to do it in such a way as to offend any one. I'm just being real. Don't trip, if it were a thread on selling drugs or bad financial priorities, I'd have been throwing Black people under THAT bus. But whit people, THIS is YOUR stop. Can we admit that? I should have said, "I'm not throwing any particular race under THEE bus because all races have A bus that keeps running their %%# over.... but since THIS bus is for thrill seeking, and we know that bus is popular with White people, can we discuss the fare?"

Now let's address the issue, shall we? What gives... is it the fact that a lot of White people have a leg up in society and so they want to "get there hands dirty" with adventure? Cuz I mean, not too many from where I'm from have an expendable 25 racks to spend on dying. It seems that only people that never had to struggle would PAY to do so..

White guilt?

Well?

laugh.gif
at ya'll getting butt hurt..

We're all aware that we're different colors but if somebody makes an OBVIOUS correlation between race and...well... anything other than sports and entertainment.....or crime... he's ignorant?

But what is the point of living if you can't risk it? The biggest risk in the world is not taking any risk, you die either ways.

That's very interesting to me. I've NEVER felt this way and never will, but this is what the point of my asking questions was for. Thanks for throwing that at me. I'll think on it and get back to you.

you really think it's that easy? Have you ever tried to start your car in the winter? If they tried the helicopters would get frozen too.

Spoiler [+]
punch-face-l.jpg

25 grand to climb it? That's actually the low, low end. If you want to go with a bigger name guide with more experience and summits it's closer to the $40-50k range.

I really don't get why people are getting so upset. There's Ohio jokes left and right, and we can laugh at my city's +!%%*% up economy as Ohio natives and Gary natives just roll with the punches and be good sports about it. But now cats wanna get sensitive at their truths? Not jokes, their truths. Not even the "I'ma say this in an offensive way- truth", but the regular plain old truth, in question form no less. Weak. Point to the Black person in the pictures on the first page then. I'll generalize my questions when ya'll find me a trend where non-native people of color are into this sort of thing -- not one or two outliers that were "The first Black people to_____", but a surge of people of color. Until then, i'll just go ahead and pose my question to the people that are most known for this sort of stuff. So, white people and representatives of them, what's the deal?

I feel you Murda...dude as a minority honestly I think we just have tougher things to worry about than randomly climbing a mountain that will certainly guarantee your death

let's just say that out of the crazy things people do, all this risk taking stuff, it's mostly Caucasians

Originally Posted by RawSheed

I feel you Murda...dude as a minority honestly I think we just have tougher things to worry about than randomly climbing a mountain that will certainly guarantee your death

let's just say that out of the crazy things people do, all this risk taking stuff, it's mostly Caucasians

Right. I mean don't get me wrong, I ain't never been the one tp put one raceabove another. We all have our pros and cons. I was just asking white people about something I as a Black man have never understood. You hear me though.

Back
Top Bottom