Dead Bodies On Mt. Everest

I mean...I can't think of too many black folks I know who would try it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Murda He

I will never understand why white people have to risk death to feel alive.. I'm not even playing the race card. It just is what it is. I mean, I will never understand a lot of %@!! about my black people either (that goes without saying), but this thrill seeking stuff white people do just bewilders me. You mean to tell me it cost 25 racks to die on a mountain and never make it home? You know... they pay you them same racks to die in the dessert and never make it home. And your kids get benefits. Hey! Win win! Bullets and a burial > Cold and eternal loneliness. Go to war white people. You can still be a hero AND get a medal. Leave Everest be. Nature ain't NEVER been the one to *@!* with. I guess some cats never feel alive till they're dying. Ya'll gon learn...
30t6p3b.gif

It's beautiful because this was their goal. I wish I could go out like that...doing something I love.
Race check? This is exactly what I mean. I mean, I love guns and rap.. that's why I asked. I want to die comfortably in my bed though, not like Tupac. I just don't get the thrill of it..

no i actually agree with this right here. you all can blast him ALL you want but we laugh when a stand up comedian says something like this.

climbing a rock just for the "thrill" of it is ******ed. Knowing only 1 out of 4 people make it???

These people clearly have too much money and too much time on their hands...

40k.... nothing beautiful about this at all.... 40k for a suicide mission...

I love sex.... How about I go get four girls. 1 clean and 3 with aids.... leeme $+** them and then tell me just how brave and beautiful i was...

rip to those people but smh... and then people cant get these bodies off the mountain but "hey jill look at that dead man with green boots! quick! wheres your iphone? lets take pics!"

$@+% dont even make sense...

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Murda He wrote:

I will never understand why white people have to risk death to feel alive.. I'm not even playing the race card. It just is what it is. I mean, I will never understand a lot of %@!! about my black people either (that goes without saying), but this thrill seeking stuff white people do just bewilders me. You mean to tell me it cost 25 racks to die on a mountain and never make it home? You know... they pay you them same racks to die in the dessert and never make it home. And your kids get benefits. Hey! Win win! Bullets and a burial > Cold and eternal loneliness. Go to war white people. You can still be a hero AND get a medal. Leave Everest be. Nature ain't NEVER been the one to *@!* with. I guess some cats never feel alive till they're dying. Ya'll gon learn...
30t6p3b.gif

It's beautiful because this was their goal. I wish I could go out like that...doing something I love.
Race check? This is exactly what I mean. I mean, I love guns and rap.. that's why I asked. I want to die comfortably in my bed though, not like Tupac. I just don't get the thrill of it..

no i actually agree with this right here. you all can blast him ALL you want but we laugh when a stand up comedian says something like this.

climbing a rock just for the "thrill" of it is ******ed. Knowing only 1 out of 4 people make it???

I love sex.... How about I go get four girls. 1 clean and 3 with aids.... leeme +@%# them and then tell me just how brave and beautiful i was...

rip to those people but smh... and then people cant get these bodies off the mountain but "hey jill look at that dead man with green boots! quick! wheres your iphone? lets take pics!"

+%$+ dont even make sense...

It's about the trill and accomplishment, knowing you beat the odds can be very satisfying. To relate it to your sex comparison it would similar to having sex with the presidents daughter or some King's daughter.

Since you want to make a race issue why do blacks want to or result to selling crack when the odds of ending up dead or jail is high?

30t6p3b.gif

I love sex.... How about I go get four girls. 1 clean and 3 with aids.... leeme $+** them and then tell me just how brave and beautiful i was...

$@+% dont even make sense...

True, I say the same thing about black people who start doing heroin. . ."I will never understand why black people have to risk death to feel alive"
indifferent.gif

yeah white people are the only ones doing things for fun that get them killed

indifferent.gif

First off.. i highly doubt regular people just decide to go and drop 25k to climb Everest.

Im willing to bet, i dont know the real statistics, but probably 95% who attempt this feat are mountain climbers who have experience and spent their lives climbing the top mountains in the world.

now to the race thing.. IMO black people who grew up in low economic areas and who werent exposed to things outside their norm think stuff "extreme" stuff or risky activities are ******ed and if they were too attempt it they will be clowned.

Not even going to bring up the money issue, because like I said... only TRUE mountain climbers mostly go to Everest.. check the Discovery channel for more proof. great show btw.

Wow, I did not know this about Mount Everest.

Very interesting.

Originally Posted by JordanPP30

First off.. i highly doubt regular people just decide to go and drop 25k to climb Everest.

Im willing to bet, i dont know the real statistics, but probably 95% who attempt this feat are mountain climbers who have experience and spent their lives climbing the top mountains in the world.

now to the race thing.. IMO black people who grew up in low economic areas and who werent exposed to things outside their norm think stuff "extreme" stuff or risky activities are ******ed and if they were too attempt it they will be clowned.

Not even going to bring up the money issue, because like I said... only TRUE mountain climbers mostly go to Everest.. check the Discovery channel for more proof. great show btw.
I don't think so - a lot of these folks nowadays are just rich tourists who want to do it - sure, you have to be a decent climber and in decent shape to do it - but it's not the most technical ascent in the world - K2 and a couple of others are tougher I think - just not as high.

The black thing is interesting - but a lot of it will be because the main hotspots for climbing in the world (which has a fairly short history of less than 100 years when people have been climbing the really high ones) are in Europe - the Alps were climbed by a lot of Swiss, German, Italian and French climbers and then the British got really involved from about the 30's onwards. There are a number of black people in Europe now - but I bet it was a lot less back then (and certainly less than the USA now) so it's probably just historically a hobby that hasn't been popular because people's parents and friends didn't do it.

There are only pockets of areas in the US where climbing is a popular activity - and I think that these are areas with smaller black populations too.

30t6p3b.gif

It's beautiful because this was their goal. I wish I could go out like
that...doing something I love.

What if I took your home away troll?

Who are you after that? You've obviously lived a sheltered life.

How dare you tell anyone to go to war? There should be idiots like you in war at the frontline a la operation human shield.

I agree with this dude:

Your ignorance is disgusting and this is probably one of the dumbest things I've ever read on NT.

I don't think it simply for a "thrill". People naturally want to test their limits and see what they're capable of. It's like runners testing themselves in a marathon or Ironman competition. Why? Why put yourself through such hardship knowing you're chances of winning are slim and you're chances of injury is high? Probably because they have something to prove to themselves. The desire to do/accomplish something not many are capable of doing is in us all, regardless of color.

These people are just mountain climbers trying to test their mettle on the grandest of mountains.

Also, the "too much time" argument is used on NT all the time to downplay someone's effort, passion, and accomplishments
eyes.gif
That's an ignorant mindset.

Originally Posted by RAWse

Crazy thing is, you won't survive climbing Mt. Everest without a oxygen mask

Yes, you will. It's a lot tougher but it's been done quite a few times now.

There is always a trade-off between using the oxygen so you can breathe better and carrying the full tanks all the way up there - as well as the controversy about if it's cheating which was especially rife in the early days. There are a lot of empty tanks scattered on the mountain too which people complain about - rightfully so.

The use of oxygen is also an attributing factor to the amount of tourists attempting the climb - you don't have to be nearly so good at altitude to make the attempt and that allows less qualified people to try - and increases the failure/death rates.

Originally Posted by RedMan

Since you want to make a race issue why do blacks want to or result to selling crack when the odds of ending up dead or jail is high?

Same reason white boys pull Wall Street white collar capers...

...fast money in abundance.

@@%! would be a lot better if people would realize that when you cut down the core of things, we're all the same...

...we just go about things differently.

Interestingly a helicopter has landed on the top - it was a special lightweight highpower one but it is possible.

You couldn't actually rescue anyone with it - it's so on the edge that you can't carry 2 people. It was used to save some people from high up in the Alps but they were a good few thousand feet lower and could only be collected 1 at a time.

Back
Top Bottom