DC Universe Online Trailer - 6 minutes, Vol. Screw the game, make this a full length movie..

Np
happy.gif

I have a question. I'm trying to get into the game because it seems interesting and I want to see how it develops. However, I started the game like 4 times, my character is saved, and I proceed to go through the beginning stages. Right before my mentor (Superman) comes in to help, the game tells me the "Game Data Corrupted." Do I have to delete everything and start over? Create my character all over again? Do the hour and a half worth of downloading the game files again?

I have a question. I'm trying to get into the game because it seems interesting and I want to see how it develops. However, I started the game like 4 times, my character is saved, and I proceed to go through the beginning stages. Right before my mentor (Superman) comes in to help, the game tells me the "Game Data Corrupted." Do I have to delete everything and start over? Create my character all over again? Do the hour and a half worth of downloading the game files again?

I remember a video where the designer and game creator were answering questions and one of the questions was regarding "Secret Identities" and they couldn't really answer because of marketing. One of my characters is a level 30 now and no reference to secret identities. So, did they just BS or is it in the game somewhere?
ohwell.gif
Also, where is Steel in the game?~

I remember a video where the designer and game creator were answering questions and one of the questions was regarding "Secret Identities" and they couldn't really answer because of marketing. One of my characters is a level 30 now and no reference to secret identities. So, did they just BS or is it in the game somewhere?
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by QuKtIc

ohwell.gif

They might have been talking about the Mental user ability to disguise themselves as citizens, that's my best guess so far
ohwell.gif

And from what I'm reading, Steel is on top of some skyscraper somewhere in the Suicide Slums area of Metropolis (Probably near Steelworks)

ohwell.gif

They might have been talking about the Mental user ability to disguise themselves as citizens, that's my best guess so far
ohwell.gif

And from what I'm reading, Steel is on top of some skyscraper somewhere in the Suicide Slums area of Metropolis (Probably near Steelworks)

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Try making a new character to see what happens, but idk.

You might have to reinstall
sick.gif

http://forums.station.son...sts/list.m?topic_id=4191
http://forums.station.son...sts/list.m?topic_id=3821

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Try making a new character to see what happens, but idk.

You might have to reinstall
sick.gif

http://forums.station.son...sts/list.m?topic_id=4191
http://forums.station.son...sts/list.m?topic_id=3821

GRyPR, I actually went ahead, deleted the game data, but I left the character data that saved into a separate file. Thank goodness it worked and I can now play the game with my character saved.

I'm at a lowly level 6 though lol.

GRyPR, I actually went ahead, deleted the game data, but I left the character data that saved into a separate file. Thank goodness it worked and I can now play the game with my character saved.

I'm at a lowly level 6 though lol.

Awww, booooooo
indifferent.gif
. They made it seem way cooler.

And yeah leveling is pretty fast in the game and IMO the best thing in the game.
Thanks tho GRyPR33.~

EDIT: I refuse to call him "Madara"
laugh.gif
~

Awww, booooooo
indifferent.gif
. They made it seem way cooler.

And yeah leveling is pretty fast in the game and IMO the best thing in the game.
Thanks tho GRyPR33.~

EDIT: I refuse to call him "Madara"
laugh.gif
~

Originally Posted by GRyPR33

ohwell.gif

ohwell.gif

Steel is around Steelworks but not on top of the skucrapers, I saw him standing in some contruction type building, about 2-3 stories tall.
Saw Superman in a nearby building too. 

As for Secret Identities, the devs have planned it, just like the other powersets (atomic, lightning & earth iirc) but most likely just be added as additional content. To be honest, the way the games economy works, I don't see the point in Secret Identities. 

Originally Posted by GRyPR33

ohwell.gif

ohwell.gif

Steel is around Steelworks but not on top of the skucrapers, I saw him standing in some contruction type building, about 2-3 stories tall.
Saw Superman in a nearby building too. 

As for Secret Identities, the devs have planned it, just like the other powersets (atomic, lightning & earth iirc) but most likely just be added as additional content. To be honest, the way the games economy works, I don't see the point in Secret Identities. 

Originally Posted by TSX24

GRyPR33 wrote:n
What are you looking for in the game?

i want to know if its a time sink or will i get bored of it after 3 months. Is there a lot of content end game? How does the PvP work? are the classes balanced or is there a lot of cheap classes. i am a avid MMO player but DCUO looks like the type of MMO that will run out of content in a month or two. Ive also heard that leveling to the cap is extremely easy and quick which worries me because i want to be able to enjoy the journey to level cap and also have a lot of things at end game to keep me content.

Sad to say but endgame is really lacking right now. I got to lvl 30 in 4 days and have been trying to work my way to some t1 gear but between the bugs and the hassle of creating a good group that won't wipe in alerts, there are a lot of waiting. 
I can be done with duos quick, theres only 4. 

The dailies are boring to me, it's just a rehash of the old instances I've done but in level 30 and doesn't provide Marks that I want.

Alerts are fun but frustratingly annoying when you have to pug. I'm a member of the largest league in my server and probably the whole game and it still takes time to make a good group.

PVP can be fun but you cna queue for it for hours and not get called in. 

I honestly didn't think these things will be a problem when the game goes live with a lot more people playing but I was mistaken. 

Overall, the game is fun and it really is great being in the DC Universe but to me, endgame is very lacking (5-6 hard alerts, 3 raids, 2 duos, 6 daily challenges) consdiering the devs has promised that the game starts at endgame. I know the game is in early stages and they promise monthly content but keep in mind, they planned to release the game in November and still came up a bit short on a lot of stuff. I was considering the lifetime sub but I just do not find it worth it right now and I was probably looking forward to this game the most in this thread, if not the whole NT. Don't even get me started on costumes and character create.

That is my personal take on the game, I still highly suggest you give it a try yourself since it is a different type of MMO, it is indeed fun no doubt. And if your a DC Comics fan, it is a must. Being a big fan, I may be scrutinizing way too much and reaching a bit so take my opinion witha  grain of salt and try the game out for yourself.

Originally Posted by TSX24

GRyPR33 wrote:n
What are you looking for in the game?

i want to know if its a time sink or will i get bored of it after 3 months. Is there a lot of content end game? How does the PvP work? are the classes balanced or is there a lot of cheap classes. i am a avid MMO player but DCUO looks like the type of MMO that will run out of content in a month or two. Ive also heard that leveling to the cap is extremely easy and quick which worries me because i want to be able to enjoy the journey to level cap and also have a lot of things at end game to keep me content.

Sad to say but endgame is really lacking right now. I got to lvl 30 in 4 days and have been trying to work my way to some t1 gear but between the bugs and the hassle of creating a good group that won't wipe in alerts, there are a lot of waiting. 
I can be done with duos quick, theres only 4. 

The dailies are boring to me, it's just a rehash of the old instances I've done but in level 30 and doesn't provide Marks that I want.

Alerts are fun but frustratingly annoying when you have to pug. I'm a member of the largest league in my server and probably the whole game and it still takes time to make a good group.

PVP can be fun but you cna queue for it for hours and not get called in. 

I honestly didn't think these things will be a problem when the game goes live with a lot more people playing but I was mistaken. 

Overall, the game is fun and it really is great being in the DC Universe but to me, endgame is very lacking (5-6 hard alerts, 3 raids, 2 duos, 6 daily challenges) consdiering the devs has promised that the game starts at endgame. I know the game is in early stages and they promise monthly content but keep in mind, they planned to release the game in November and still came up a bit short on a lot of stuff. I was considering the lifetime sub but I just do not find it worth it right now and I was probably looking forward to this game the most in this thread, if not the whole NT. Don't even get me started on costumes and character create.

That is my personal take on the game, I still highly suggest you give it a try yourself since it is a different type of MMO, it is indeed fun no doubt. And if your a DC Comics fan, it is a must. Being a big fan, I may be scrutinizing way too much and reaching a bit so take my opinion witha  grain of salt and try the game out for yourself.

RFX45 wrote:

Quoted for the truth!

Seriously, the game was still not ready to be released yet. The devs are thinking about adding powersets months after RD? The hype and interest in the game will have been gone; especially with the "new" MMO players. Sequels in the future see I do not.
So much they promised; yet was not delivered. ~

RFX45 wrote:

Quoted for the truth!

Seriously, the game was still not ready to be released yet. The devs are thinking about adding powersets months after RD? The hype and interest in the game will have been gone; especially with the "new" MMO players. Sequels in the future see I do not.
So much they promised; yet was not delivered. ~

This game has me wanting to buy a bluetooth set & getting my friends to buy the game.

Back
Top Bottom