DC Universe Online Trailer - 6 minutes, Vol. Screw the game, make this a full length movie..

There are a lot of screenshots in their main website, DCUniverseonline.com.
DCUOSource.com is the forum I frequent and they had a huge screenshot thread but when the forum crashed, it erased most of it.
Not sure if they started a new one but there should even be plenty of vids on youtube now.

There are a lot of screenshots in their main website, DCUniverseonline.com.
DCUOSource.com is the forum I frequent and they had a huge screenshot thread but when the forum crashed, it erased most of it.
Not sure if they started a new one but there should even be plenty of vids on youtube now.

Originally Posted by QuKtIc

^ Is that Pain's Sharingan in your avy? One of my Hero is named Shawn Spencer and the other DarkMagician 
laugh.gif
.~

Madara's
pimp.gif

How's everybody like the game so far?
Soloing all of the instances so far, probably because gadget stunlocking feels like cheating
laugh.gif

Been PvPing alot,
came up to a group of three villains yesterday and destroyed all of them without using the supercharge power (which is
eek.gif
)

Originally Posted by QuKtIc

^ Is that Pain's Sharingan in your avy? One of my Hero is named Shawn Spencer and the other DarkMagician 
laugh.gif
.~

Madara's
pimp.gif

How's everybody like the game so far?
Soloing all of the instances so far, probably because gadget stunlocking feels like cheating
laugh.gif

Been PvPing alot,
came up to a group of three villains yesterday and destroyed all of them without using the supercharge power (which is
eek.gif
)

What power did you choose Gryp. I cant decide on one i keep remaking my dude. Is there any powerset you think stands out in PvP?

What power did you choose Gryp. I cant decide on one i keep remaking my dude. Is there any powerset you think stands out in PvP?

I'm using Gadgets with Martial Arts for weapons and Acrobatics. It's very important that your weapon choice works well with your powers.
Gadgets is probably the most powerful pvpwise so far. You can also get through pretty much any solo content you want.
Sorcery is probably the second most powerful pvp power for similar reasons.
Gadgets has stealthy stun options, sticky grenade, taser whip, gauss grenade.....and bunker buster
eek.gif

Martial arts is good for its power and quick ranged attacks.
Acrobatics is good for quick escapes (when you fail to take down a target) and it has an extra stun

**Stuns are the most important element in pvp so far, they allow you to lock up multiple opponents while you handle your main target or just completely destroy a single person many levels higher than you.

I'm using Gadgets with Martial Arts for weapons and Acrobatics. It's very important that your weapon choice works well with your powers.
Gadgets is probably the most powerful pvpwise so far. You can also get through pretty much any solo content you want.
Sorcery is probably the second most powerful pvp power for similar reasons.
Gadgets has stealthy stun options, sticky grenade, taser whip, gauss grenade.....and bunker buster
eek.gif

Martial arts is good for its power and quick ranged attacks.
Acrobatics is good for quick escapes (when you fail to take down a target) and it has an extra stun

**Stuns are the most important element in pvp so far, they allow you to lock up multiple opponents while you handle your main target or just completely destroy a single person many levels higher than you.

Cool thanks ill try one of those. Will duel wield or duel pistols work well with Gadgets/Sorcery?

Cool thanks ill try one of those. Will duel wield or duel pistols work well with Gadgets/Sorcery?

Dual wield is good for damage output and area of effect attacks at close range, so it would be good against multiple opponents. You'd probably need to practice rotating your stuns though, to make sure your opponents don't get to attack you back.
I don't know much about dual pistols though. I don't think it would be a bad combo necessarily.
I use the taser whip a lot because of my close range weapon choice, but you would only use it to capture escaping opponents or stun them long enough to gain some distance. You'd be using the sticky grenade a lot more to keep far enough away from your enemy.

I don't know how sorcery would be with either of them though. I will say that it's the only power that really stands a good chance against me one on one.

Dual wield is good for damage output and area of effect attacks at close range, so it would be good against multiple opponents. You'd probably need to practice rotating your stuns though, to make sure your opponents don't get to attack you back.
I don't know much about dual pistols though. I don't think it would be a bad combo necessarily.
I use the taser whip a lot because of my close range weapon choice, but you would only use it to capture escaping opponents or stun them long enough to gain some distance. You'd be using the sticky grenade a lot more to keep far enough away from your enemy.

I don't know how sorcery would be with either of them though. I will say that it's the only power that really stands a good chance against me one on one.

im on the fence about picking up this game. Can anyone give me any insight on how it is? is it worth the 60 dollars + 15 dollar fee?

im on the fence about picking up this game. Can anyone give me any insight on how it is? is it worth the 60 dollars + 15 dollar fee?

I would say it's worth it.
Character customization, challenging solo play, and pvp are it's main attractions to me.
Even better if you're a fan of DC.
What are you looking for in the game?

With all that said I'm still probably gonna drop this for Star Wars: The Old Republic

I would say it's worth it.
Character customization, challenging solo play, and pvp are it's main attractions to me.
Even better if you're a fan of DC.

With all that said I'm still probably gonna drop this for Star Wars: The Old Republic

GRyPR33 wrote:n

i want to know if its a time sink or will i get bored of it after 3 months. Is there a lot of content end game? How does the PvP work? are the classes balanced or is there a lot of cheap classes. i am a avid MMO player but DCUO looks like the type of MMO that will run out of content in a month or two. Ive also heard that leveling to the cap is extremely easy and quick which worries me because i want to be able to enjoy the journey to level cap and also have a lot of things at end game to keep me content.

i want to know if its a time sink or will i get bored of it after 3 months. Is there a lot of content end game? How does the PvP work? are the classes balanced or is there a lot of cheap classes. i am a avid MMO player but DCUO looks like the type of MMO that will run out of content in a month or two. Ive also heard that leveling to the cap is extremely easy and quick which worries me because i want to be able to enjoy the journey to level cap and also have a lot of things at end game to keep me content.

Originally Posted by TSX24

i want to know if its a time sink or will i get bored of it after 3 months. Is there a lot of content end game? [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]How does the PvP work[/color]? are the classes balanced or is there a lot of cheap classes. [color= rgb(255, 0, 255)]i am a avid MMO player but DCUO looks like the type of MMO that will run out of content in a month or two[/color]. Ive also heard that leveling to the cap is extremely easy and quick which worries me because i want to be able to enjoy the journey to level cap and also have a lot of things at end game to keep me content.

I'm not there yet, but the developer's focus was endgame. I'm at 24 right now, so I'll get back to you when I get to 30.

Open world pvp is great, it's nice because even with a huge difference in level you can fight back and have a chance of winning. Feels good to take down someone of much higher level.
Stunlocking is my current recipe for success, but a good tank could wipe the floor with me (they have skills that resist stuns) A good fire user once melted my face off.
Tank < Healer/Caster < Control/Stunner < Tank  is the general idea, but within each class there are plenty of ways to customize to get around that loop.
I still haven't used the legends pvp system yet, so idk much about it.

The classes are balanced as well as any other mmo right now, within each class that talent trees can dramatically change how you choose to fight.
This depends on how hardcore you are, a hardcore mmo player (WoW 1-85 in less than 3 weeks) might run through content and leveling pretty quick, but I consider myself a casual gamer.
For the past week I've been playing about 4 hours a day, and I'm at 24. The thing is, the leveling experience is much more enjoyable than say, WoW because the instances are challenging (solo) and not just a big loot rush.
You must do quests to level, you must do instances to level.

Overall, it's a lot of fun, especially because it's different
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TSX24

i want to know if its a time sink or will i get bored of it after 3 months. Is there a lot of content end game? [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]How does the PvP work[/color]? are the classes balanced or is there a lot of cheap classes. [color= rgb(255, 0, 255)]i am a avid MMO player but DCUO looks like the type of MMO that will run out of content in a month or two[/color]. Ive also heard that leveling to the cap is extremely easy and quick which worries me because i want to be able to enjoy the journey to level cap and also have a lot of things at end game to keep me content.

I'm not there yet, but the developer's focus was endgame. I'm at 24 right now, so I'll get back to you when I get to 30.

Open world pvp is great, it's nice because even with a huge difference in level you can fight back and have a chance of winning. Feels good to take down someone of much higher level.
Stunlocking is my current recipe for success, but a good tank could wipe the floor with me (they have skills that resist stuns) A good fire user once melted my face off.
Tank < Healer/Caster < Control/Stunner < Tank  is the general idea, but within each class there are plenty of ways to customize to get around that loop.
I still haven't used the legends pvp system yet, so idk much about it.

The classes are balanced as well as any other mmo right now, within each class that talent trees can dramatically change how you choose to fight.
This depends on how hardcore you are, a hardcore mmo player (WoW 1-85 in less than 3 weeks) might run through content and leveling pretty quick, but I consider myself a casual gamer.
For the past week I've been playing about 4 hours a day, and I'm at 24. The thing is, the leveling experience is much more enjoyable than say, WoW because the instances are challenging (solo) and not just a big loot rush.
You must do quests to level, you must do instances to level.

Overall, it's a lot of fun, especially because it's different
pimp.gif

Been trying out your suggestion Gryp and its pretty fun. I ended up doing Rifle/Gadgets/Acrobat. Thanks 
glasses.gif

Been trying out your suggestion Gryp and its pretty fun. I ended up doing Rifle/Gadgets/Acrobat. Thanks 
glasses.gif

Back
Top Bottom