DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

Deadpool 2 should be easy. Just bump up his budget to 120 mil and get out of Tim Miller's way
nah, They already said they're planning on keeping the budget relatively low again. Less money you're asking for the more control they give you

I think he meant he's never co-written with someone, he wrote the first scrip for that failed Nic Cage Supes film but he was by himself. I think he meant that he can't co-write with people who might disagree with him?
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

Smith has been doing this for decades and has never co-written anything with anybody. I find that a bit surprising. Especially given he leans heavy on comics and mediums that require some collaborative writing.

If he meant I can't co-write with ppl that disagree with him. Usually before you even start co-writing you get on the same pg as the ppl you're teaming up with.
Kevin Smith has never co-written anything? or been in a writer's room?

Even after working on that Flash ep?

That's what I got from this.

He directed an episode, didnt write anything.

and hes def never been in a writers room,
Thought he had something to do with the writing as well.

He should be aware of that collaborative work given his aborted/unfinished DD comic back during Marvel Knights.
Is Ben Affleck a DC fan? Why does he seem so dedicated to Battfleck? (Not that it's a bad thing)
trying to redeems himself form the performance in DD
Also he's just a big comics fan in general. Probably a big Batman fan at the least.
:lol:

Last edited:
View media item 1983730

Yikes

*if writer is right about where BvS will end up grossing

Getting conflicting box office reports. I guess we're going to have to wait til the final tally in a month or so to know where the movie stands but I really can't imagine WB not being disappointed at these numbers no matter how much they make out of it.

BOX OFFICE: BATMAN v SUPERMAN Expected To Be Less Profitable Than MAN OF STEEL; $1 Billion Haul Now Unlikely

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice may have recently surpassed Man of Steel's worldwide box office haul, but things are not looking good for Warner Bros. in terms of how much of a profit they'll make.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice looks set to take the #1 spot at the box office again this wekend, but Bloomberg reports that the movie looks set to ultimately make Warner Bros. less money than Man of Steel did (that's once costs and revenue from ancillaries are factored in). One of the most expensive movies ever made, Batman v Superman looks set to make Warner Bros. a $278 million profit once they take account of everything from home video sales to TV and merchandise. That's less than Man of Steel's projected $300 million, and to be as successful as Marvel's movies - which tend to generate a profit of roughly 44% - Batman v Superman would need to gross $1.15 billion.

Last edited:
watched the first half of the movie before walking out of the theatre, movie is still trash 
mean.gif

So is that finally enough to give Snyder the boot?!?

Dear Lord profiting less than MoS :x That's disgusting!

WB can't keep going down this road, unless they wanna hemorrhage money

Last edited:
This is a good instance where it makes even less sense from the ppl who swear by this movie being good/great. It's doing worse than the last movie that yall were saying was great and the best Superman flick.

Like am I really suppose to just treat these DC movies like Transformer flicks?

Originally Posted by amel223  

Yikes

*if writer is right about where BvS will end up grossing
Getting conflicting box office reports. I guess we're going to have to wait til the final tally in a month or so to know where the movie stands but I really can't imagine WB not being disappointed at these numbers no matter how much they make out of it.
 Quote:
BOX OFFICE: BATMAN v SUPERMAN Expected To Be Less Profitable Than MAN OF STEEL; $1 Billion Haul Now Unlikely

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice may have recently surpassed Man of Steel's worldwide box office haul, but things are not looking good for Warner Bros. in terms of how much of a profit they'll make.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice looks set to take the #1 spot at the box office again this wekend, but Bloomberg reports that the movie looks set to ultimately make Warner Bros. less money than Man of Steel did (that's once costs and revenue from ancillaries are factored in). One of the most expensive movies ever made, Batman v Superman looks set to make Warner Bros. a $278 million profit once they take account of everything from home video sales to TV and merchandise. That's less than Man of Steel's projected $300 million, and to be as successful as Marvel's movies - which tend to generate a profit of roughly 44% - Batman v Superman would need to gross $1.15 billion.
If that first pic is accurate (and i'm not sure if thats just BO or merchandise + BO?), a $278M profit really doesn't seem that bad? I understand the budget is huge, and maybe i'm not taking everything into consideration but the only movies to make MORE profit according to that first pic is IM3, AoU and Deadpool? 

via Deadline...
 ‘Batman V. Superman’ Likely To Cross $300M Early Next Week; ‘The Boss’ Cashing In $21M Paycheck – B.O. Update

UPDATE, 12:19 PM: Warner Bros’ Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice  is now looking like it will come in lower with a decline of 50%-55% for $23.1M-$25.65M, which is just shy of the three-century mark with a running cume through its third weekend of $296.4M-$298.9M. Now, Warners wasn’t expecting the Zack Snyder film to cross $300M this weekend, but rather during CinemaCon this coming week. I hear that the magic number internally which will really make Warner execs truly happy is $800M.
$800M will make the suits happy? 
grin.gif
 Must have lowered their expectations quick...if this movie was done right, it easily could have done a Billy.

That's terrible. No matter how trash this movie was its batman v superman ...this should've done a billion in its sleep :lol:

Someone's getting fired

via Deadline...

$800M will make the suits happy? >D  Must have lowered their expectations quick...if this movie was done right, it easily could have done a Billy.

They're putting out the lower number to save face so when it crawls to 900m, they can say BvS beat their expectations :lol:

Wb ain't worried about nothing tho right?

Last edited:
Lol 800 isn't even breaking even when you account for splitting revenue with the theaters, advertising budget etc.

nice! How much were they each?

Also, rumor is WB might be considering releasing the R-Rated version in theater tos boost up box office, which is a good idea but I hope they do some editing on it to clean it up a bit and word of mouth of it being better might help further.

This is a good instance where it makes even less sense from the ppl who swear by this movie being good/great. It's doing worse than the last movie that yall were saying was great and the best Superman flick.

Like am I really suppose to just treat these DC movies like Transformer flicks?

:lol:

Suicide Squad is the make it or break it for me on whether I actually start watching these like those movies. They need one GEM/classic in at least one of their first 3 movies establishing this universe.

nice! How much were they each?

Also, rumor is WB might be considering releasing the R-Rated version in theater tos boost up box office, which is a good idea but I hope they do some editing on it to clean it up a bit and word of mouth of it being better might help further.

Wow, that'd definitely be interesting. Has a movie ever re-released with a "critics' cut" before???

Like, "We know you savaged our initial attempt, so we re-cut it, and here it is. Any better?"

:lol: critics cut

if they do release it's just going to be the R-rated cut that was already edited and submitted to be rated for blu-ray release (before the movie released in theaters), my hope is that they do bring in an editor to maybe splice them up better

Last edited:
Pass on the R rated cut for me. But it's a solid strategy to try and squeeze as much money out of its theater run as possible.

Back
Top Bottom