DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

This movie made $500 million already and climbing. That ship is just going to keep sailing.

Me for one. You saw a mess, I saw a great DC movie
Fixed. "Great" is a stretch by most movie standards.
the disrespect towards nolan, burton and donner 
mean.gif

This movie made $500 million already and climbing. That ship is just going to keep sailing.

Movie might get to a billion, maybe. Super hard to tell. The 500 million in x days is misleading considering BvS orchestrated their releases simultaneously in all major markets at once. That's not in keeping with typical strategy where releases are staggered.

But don't be too proud of BvS earning a billion if it does. A movie with that much front loaded interest should be doing as much as the Avengers box office wise or better.

Last edited:
Good lord, who the hell would want to keep Snyder after that mess..

Shhh was depressing
Me for one. You saw a mess, I saw a good movie
:lol: You went from not liking it that much to now it's a good movie and you want Zach to stay? :lol:

You all over the place man.

I've never said I didn't like Zach Snyder.

Zach Snyder made Supermam tolerable in something that didn't involve another Superhero for the first time in my life.

I like every Zach Snyder movie except Sucker Punch

I said the plot didn't make sense but no worst than many other Superhero movies.

All in all I enjoyed the movie minus the Riddler

Movie was all over the place. Movie literally started with an irrelevant replay of batmans origin, then his replay of the mos battle, to an ocean, to batman battatooing a person.

Lex was garbage. Lois is DC's Jane Foster.

Batman was great, Gal exceeded my expectations

Batman killing is going to be a problem. Why kill random thugs, but let the Joker roam around screwing up his life.

Hallucination made no sense to me. He hasn't met the flash or come in contact with Apokolips yet he's hallucinating about a future flash and parademons

Movie was trash, with like 4 okay moments. Capitol scene, batman saving ma kent, Lex convincing superman to kill batman and i forgot the other one

This movie exhausted me.

Movie was all over the place. Movie literally started with an irrelevant replay of batmans origin, then his replay of the mos battle, to an ocean, to batman battatooing a person.

Lex was garbage. Lois is DC's Jane Foster.

Batman was great, Gal exceeded my expectations

Batman killing is going to be a problem. Why kill random thugs, but let the Joker roam around screwing up his life.

Hallucination made no sense to me. He hasn't met the flash or come in contact with Apokolips yet he's hallucinating about a future flash and parademons

Movie was trash, with like 4 okay moments. Capitol scene, batman saving ma kent, Lex convincing superman to kill batman and i forgot the other one

This movie exhausted me.
if you can't see how Batman's parents getting killed (more specifically his mom MARTHA) and bats watching supes and zod destroying his tower and killing a bunch of his employees ties into the story, then I don't know what to tell you. The latter ties into why Batman would be so pissed and determined to get at supes, and the prior into why he decides not to kill him. Pretty simple concept.

Batman has killed in practically all of his other movies, it just wasn't as blatant. Him being brutal af with it is definitely a plus.
Also, killing some lowly thugs isn't on the same level as killing the joker, since deciding to kill the joker may have other more significant implications.

I don't think bats was hallucinating, and yes that was literally the first time he was seeing the flash. They were more like forewarnings of what's to come imo

I can see how the movie may have exhausted and confused you, but even my parents (who for the most part have very basic knowledge of the characters and their stories) went to go see it and didn't seem that confused about it and enjoyed it.

Last edited:
if you can't see how Batman's parents getting killed (more specifically his mom MARTHA) and bats watching supes and zod destroying his tower and killing a bunch of his employees ties into the story, then I don't know what to tell you. The latter ties into why Batman would be so pissed and determined to get at supes, and the prior into why he decides not to kill him. Pretty simple concept.

Batman has killed in practically all of his other movies, it just wasn't as blatant. Him being brutal af with it is definitely a plus.
Also, killing some lowly thugs isn't on the same level as killing the joker, since deciding to kill the joker may have other more significant implications.

I don't think bats was hallucinating, and yes that was literally the first time he was seeing the flash. They were more like forewarnings of what's to come imo

I can see how the movie may have exhausted and confused you, but even my parents (who for the most part have very basic knowledge of the characters and their stories) went to go see it and didn't seem that confused about it and enjoyed it.

Killing low level thugs vs letting the joker live doesnt make sense. After all he's donex why let the joker live?

Hallucinations/dreams whatever. He still has no previous knowledge of them, so it made no sense for him to dream about that. Of course its forewarnings, which is why he wants to find the others to form the JL

Last edited:
What if the Joker is dead at the point BvS starts, and he's already dealt with the moral dilemma of killing the Joker in a Batman prequel?

Killing low level thugs vs letting the joker live doesnt make sense. After all he's donex why let the joker live?

Hallucinations/dreams whatever. He still has no previous knowledge of them, so it made no sense for him to dream about that. Of course its forewarnings, which is why he wants to find the others to form the JL
if Batman kills him then the joker wins and gets what he wanted. Bats is doing his job and putting him in jail. Why doesn't the justice system put the joker under the death penalty and kill him that way instead? Why is it exclusively up to the Batman? Why not robin or Jim Gordon? I'll tell you why, because it's freaking comic books :lol:
Also, there is always the threat that if he killed the joker, someone else (who could be much worse) might pop up and take his place, or maybe two or three other people instead. There is no way to really know.

I think the flash appearing and that knightmare desert scene aren't typical "dreams". Someone else broke it down in the thread before, but I think that when the flash broke the time barrier he collapsed different realities into each other, so Batman doesn't have to know who the people in his dreams are in order for him to dream about them.
It's just things that are gonna happen in the future

I thought it was kinda dumb to kill kal in the second movie he's in. I thought they would save it for his second or third solo movie. Didn't he come back with that white and blue costume with electrical powers?

No. He came back with normal powers and then had that transformation some time afterwards. Needless to say nobody liked it and it didn't last long.

As soon as I walked into the office, a girl stopped me to go "YO I FINALLY SAW THE MOVIE, I FREAKING LOVED IT" :lol:

Snyder and his divisive *** movies :lol:

if you did not walk out the theatre immediately thinking this movie was a huge pile of ****, then you played yourself
Brah, who are you to dictate if someone should like something or not? If you don't like the movie, cool. But don't tell me that I'm somehow wrong because I liked the movie. Do you even know what the word "subjective" means?

Saw the movie last night and i liked it. Admittedly im a DC fan (flash fan) dont really care about sups or bat but thought it was a good movie

Back
Top Bottom