DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

there is nothing in this movie about the superman character that would lead me to believe that he is ready to lead the JL.

you can still have batman on a solo mission to find the justice league while superman spends time in the FOS or something figuring out who he is as a character and what his place is in the world. because after two movies we still have no idea what superman stands for.

zach snider is straight up terrible 
For once I fully agree with you.

Some internal struggle with Superman would have been perfect. An opportunity to expand on Supermans character and focus on Bats bringing the JL together.

At the end of the day, I still hate Snyder.:lol:

there is nothing in this movie about the superman character that would lead me to believe that he is ready to lead the JL.

you can still have batman on a solo mission to find the justice league while superman spends time in the FOS or something figuring out who he is as a character and what his place is in the world. because after two movies we still have no idea what superman stands for.

zach snider is straight up terrible 
For once I fully agree with you.

Some internal struggle with Superman would have been perfect. An opportunity to expand on Supermans character and focus on Bats bringing the JL together.

At the end of the day, I still hate Snyder.
laugh.gif
he ends the movie asking WW to help him find the JL with him 
roll.gif

Was that Superman or Shazam? Dude had the logic and leadership ability of a man child. I can't imagine him trying to lead something he wasn't even a part of the conception of.

Saw it last night. First hour was a mess, i would think it would be hard to follow for a casual viewer. The forcing of the JL stuff was cheap. That said the last hour of them film was great. I think everyone was solid and did the best they could with what they were given.

That said Civil War well probably be better as they dont have to force in a ton of stuff to set up their universe. I think I will probably enjoy SS more.

What's the obsession with Superman being perfect? In MOS, he became Superman for the first time. In this one, he was Superman for 1.5 years and was clearly trying to figure out how he should handle all of this power and responsibility + internal/external pressure. Why is he already supposed to be ready to lead the JL and be the beacon of hope for all of mankind?

What's the obsession with Superman being perfect? In MOS, he became Superman for the first time. In this one, he was Superman for 1.5 years and was clearly trying to figure out how he should handle all of this power and responsibility + internal/external pressure. Why is he already supposed to be ready to lead the JL and be the beacon of hope for all of mankind?
describe superman's character in this movie 

watched it in IMAX in dublin last night

thought it was visually stunning but badly edited. I wish certain events in this movie just didn't take place(or this entire movie took place down the road) I still can't believe they showed doomsday and wonder woman(scattered clapping when the entire theater should've rose to their feet when she appeared) in action during that one trailer :smh: tickets for this film should've been half price at that point, no matter what time you saw it. I didn't like how certain scenes didn't make sense to people unless they were a comic head....that Flash scene needs to be addressed in the next DC movie unless they are gonna flashback to that entire scene again in the JL.(I knew what was going on but about 90% of my theater was like WTF)

Gal Gadot absolutely shocked me and i can't believe that out of all the justice leaguers she's at the top of my list to see for solo movies. I need to calm myself down because I know I'm still gassed about the movie and her scenes but damn she was hott, got a thing for mercy too :evil:

Batfleck solo movie should be an instant classic and he will most likely be the GOAT of all batmans. I said this after seeing Batman Begins

"where are they gonna go with this characters portrayal after this?" "How can they up the ante?"

This was character development for luthor and I enjoyed that a lot. I guess people wanted this dude to be a straight monster, I appreciated the fact that he was kinda there but not all the way there. The direct interactions with superman were awesome, like how supes had to wait for Lex to reveal his plans before hauling him to jail or hurting him, classic stuff.

Superman needs to be respected in this universe more. Like many complainers I was hoping for more social commentary from people on their thoughts during the courtroom scene all we got was the movie showing off how many famous newscasters they could throw in, like I'm supposed to be like "damn they got nancy grace??? DC not playin!" I'd like braniac or Metallo for MOS2(I know thats not gonna happen)

A LOT of this movie made no sense
-The bullet thing and linking it to superman....if they needed lois to do something why not have her pester Holly Hunter about supes reputation. She could've had an argument with Perry about the assignment(pulling out the classic "Pullitzer Prize" line) and off she goes
-How exactly did Lex get access to the ship and Zod's body, we only got a portion of that convo he had with that guy and it was basically him giving lex access....WHAT THE HELL DID THAT GUY GET IN RETURN TO JUST TURNING IN NOT ONLY ALIEN TECHNOLOGY BUT A CORPSE TO A BILLIONAIRE

Carla Guigino should've been Martha Wayne

speaking on Martha that Shot with the pearls was AMAZING

Not gonna hate on Snyder's direction I see improvement(like watchmen as his best work) and we aren't really sure if it's him that wanted this to be the next film(i don't) I'll cape hard for whedon but A1 could've been cut by 30 mins and only sections of Ultron were AMAZING. One thing I love about DC is they aren't gonna try to make me watch AOS or any other show to have to know what happens in their movies.
all in all it is, an arms race with Marvel. I enjoyed this movie but lowered my expectations when they budged the date and lowered them even more when doomsday and WW were shown in action...so to me it was a great popcorn flick.

my 2 cents

Last edited:
its not about superman being perfect, its about a main character in the story having an arc

how has superman's worldview changed over the course of the movie?

if he's not a hero at the beginning of the movie, how did the events of this movie bring him closer to being a hero?

how, after 2 movies do we still not know his motivations?

how is killing him rather than actually addressing his character considered good writing? 

how is blowing people up rather than actually addressing his relationship with the human race considered good writing?

you have a character who's only personality trait is "he's trying to figure things out", who never figures anything out, and dies so wont be figuring things out for a while. how is this character development? 

I'm pretty sure when he comes back from the dead, suddenly everything will be clear to him. so basically more lazy writing. 

its mind boggling to me that people are actually defending the handling of this character, i didn't think it was possible for standards to be this low 

With Batman and Wonder Woman both being older and far more experienced than him, why would Superman be leading the Justice League? In fact, it's not like he has some long history of doing that. He's typically just the team's big gun who everyone looks up to and respects. Beyond that, Batman's the guy actually assuming command more often than Superman and after that it's typically just a team without a single leader. Like JLU where the original 7 formed a kind of council.

Last edited:
With Batman and Wonder Woman both being older and far more experienced than him, why would Superman be leading the Justice League? In fact, it's not like he has some long history of doing that. He's typically just the team's big gun who everyone looks up to and respects. Beyond that, Batman's the guy actually assuming command more often than Superman and after that it's typically just a team without a single leader. Like JLU where the original 7 formed a kind of council.
exactly 
laugh.gif

Never mind, it's more so a case of "You Called it" :lol:

I do have a feeling that this might be one of those cases that the critics hate but general audience likes, low RT rating but good CinemaScore, which I do think does help with the emotional aspect of seeing Batman and Superman together on screen.

And why do we rate films out of 8 lol?
That's just the way it is

Things will never be the same

Thank rck for the /8 rating system though

It's weird because the desert seemed like a premonition. I was just confused by the flash showing up like did he time travel to his dream? Like what?

Should have had it happen after he woke so it wouldn't be as confusing.

Also I want a movie based on that desert scene.

Anyone notice that papers were flying off the table during the dream and after he woke up?

That made it more confusing.

The knightmare scene and flash appearances were all too dope. The Zimmer score in the background for knightmare was so chilling and really described in scary detail that dystopian future. Literally rip from an episode of the Justice League cartoon.

To have parademons on the movie screen, with a properly shot spectacle was sublime for me.

Btw I wonder if Flash came through by use of the speed force or boom tube? Why was he wearing that gear? I've never seen him before in gear like that going trough a timeline? Looked liked some gear cyborg would wear?

-How exactly did Lex get access to the ship and Zod's body, we only got a portion of that convo he had with that guy and it was basically him giving lex access....WHAT THE HELL DID THAT GUY GET IN RETURN TO JUST TURNING IN NOT ONLY ALIEN TECHNOLOGY BUT A CORPSE TO A BILLIONAIRE

was wondering about this too, lex is a god tier swindler 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom