DC Studios THREAD - GunnVerse Begins - The Penguin out 9/19 then every Sunday on MAX

I wonder what they took in Saturday..

I know the Friday earnings was 82 mil, including the Thursday previews. I checked in today to see what it made Saturday but nothing yet lol

I really don't think we've seen Eisenberg as Lex. We saw flashes, but I can't help but feel like, in this universe, the evens of BvS is what changes him.

If he's still running around like a poor mans joker with the bald head, then I'll have an issue. I think his tone will change after the shaving of his head symbolizing that character shift.

He felt like a mix between the joker and riddler to me... But I warmed up to him as the movie went on...

Great theory tho @Harlem to the Bronx, I can get on board with that :pimp:

Last edited:
I got that feeling too but his intro to the series was poorly handled.

The best thing about this movie was Batffleck. I'm gonna need a trilogy out of him.

I'm still befuddled by the decision to use Lex Jr. and not the Lex Luthor we all know and love. I don't know if I'm giving the creative team too much benefit of the doubt, but they must have something greater in store for the character.

I'm hoping that in one of the JL films, as Lex Jr will be delivering some godawful monologue, he'll have some SLJ Deep Blue Sea type death at the hands of his father, played by you know who. :wink:

bruh......they got this casting 1000% correct

kevin feige probably recommended her lol

In. Deed. Not really sure what folks' problem with her was/is. Her entrance was great too, not sure why people are hating on that either. *shrugs*

For me when Gadot was cast I thought she was too thin to pull off the look of an Amazonian warrior princess, but she definitely worked it in the movie. Reservations cancelled.

Last edited:
I really think she may have put on a little bit of weight. She was rail thin in Fast Five when they pulled your mans fingerprint from her butt.:lol:

I was one of the people skeptical about her build, too. I was wrong.

Last edited:
It was actually better than expected, just wish they didn't make Doomsday like the Wolverine version of Deadpool.

Just some underdeveloped on-screen punching bag for the heroes. 
mean.gif

Also see they're trying to rival the Avengers in the way they set his film up, but they're rushing it, and it looks like they're trying WAY too hard.

3.8/8

Why the hell was flash powers so violent? Power was going out after he used them and also the flashpoint type scene should have been either real not a dream. I'm talking about the warning not the desert stuff.
that's your #1 issue with the movie? :rofl:

true flash fan right here :pimp: :pimp:

Not my number 1 but I didn't feel the need to rehash what everyone else was saying.

Also every time I saw lex, I thought of Carrot Top.

Zack Snyder talks here in detail about Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice's shocking ending, revealing why it happened and what exactly it means for Justice League next year. Check it out...

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice ends with the funeral of Superman, and in a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly, Zack Snyder explained why he decided to kill off the Man of Steel and what that means for Justice League. "I felt like we had to kill Superman in this movie in order for us to have been serious with the entire premise of the film," the filmmaker explains in regards to having Doomsday end the hero's life just as he did in the comic books. "And that’s not to say that he clearly is gone forever." That was of course pretty obvious when the movie ended with the dirt of Superman's coffin rising, a clear indication that his story is not yet over. However, it doesn't sound like Superman will make his return that quickly when the Justice League assemble next year.

"I wanted Bruce Wayne to build the Justice League," Snyder continues. "I felt like with Superman around, it’s a different conversation when you create the Justice League, right? It’s like, ‘Me and Superman, we want to make a Justice League.’ [Other heroes would be] like, ‘Okay, yeah, I’ll join!’ I just feel like Bruce Wayne having to go out and find these seven samurai by himself, that’s a lot more interesting of a premise. I also I felt like, without Superman, there is definitely a vulnerability to the team that they’re gonna need to figure something out, you know? Superman does represent the powerful. He’s the Michael Jordan of heroes, he’s gonna score."

It remains to be seen how Superman will be brought back of course, but Snyder did at least drop some hints as to the method of his resurrection. Will the team be forced to turn to someone like Lex Luthor or even an otherworldly threat like Darkseid? "He comes very close to death in space and the reason why we did that is because I wanted to show — and keep the idea in the viewer’s mind — that he can come pretty close to death and the sun can revive him, or he can be revived. I think something more is gonna need to be done." Pretty intriguing, eh? How do you guys think the League will bring back Superman? Let us know your thoughts below.

For what it's worth, CBM.com's poll:

Amazing, everything I hoped it would be.
226 Votes (21.14%)
Very good. Some problems but enjoyable overall.
329 Votes (30.78%)
Not bad, but disappointing. Should have been better.
257 Votes (24.04%)
Crap. We waited 3 years for this?
158 Votes (14.78%)
Snyyydeeeerrrrrrrr!!
99 Votes (9.26%)

Zack Snyder talks here in detail about Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice's shocking ending, revealing why it happened and what exactly it means for Justice League next year. Check it out...

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice ends with the funeral of Superman, and in a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly, Zack Snyder explained why he decided to kill off the Man of Steel and what that means for Justice League. "I felt like we had to kill Superman in this movie in order for us to have been serious with the entire premise of the film," the filmmaker explains in regards to having Doomsday end the hero's life just as he did in the comic books. "And that’s not to say that he clearly is gone forever." That was of course pretty obvious when the movie ended with the dirt of Superman's coffin rising, a clear indication that his story is not yet over. However, it doesn't sound like Superman will make his return that quickly when the Justice League assemble next year.

"I wanted Bruce Wayne to build the Justice League," Snyder continues. "I felt like with Superman around, it’s a different conversation when you create the Justice League, right? It’s like, ‘Me and Superman, we want to make a Justice League.’ [Other heroes would be] like, ‘Okay, yeah, I’ll join!’ I just feel like Bruce Wayne having to go out and find these seven samurai by himself, that’s a lot more interesting of a premise. I also I felt like, without Superman, there is definitely a vulnerability to the team that they’re gonna need to figure something out, you know? Superman does represent the powerful. He’s the Michael Jordan of heroes, he’s gonna score."

It remains to be seen how Superman will be brought back of course, but Snyder did at least drop some hints as to the method of his resurrection. Will the team be forced to turn to someone like Lex Luthor or even an otherworldly threat like Darkseid? "He comes very close to death in space and the reason why we did that is because I wanted to show — and keep the idea in the viewer’s mind — that he can come pretty close to death and the sun can revive him, or he can be revived. I think something more is gonna need to be done." Pretty intriguing, eh? How do you guys think the League will bring back Superman? Let us know your thoughts below.

I understand the narrative motivation to have Batman bring together the JL (which is a good idea) but movie audiences just haven't had the chance to enjoy Superman. The man needed a sequel to MoS :smh:

He will get a sequel.

I think they did it way too early, though. You needed to establish JL in order for the funeral to have the impact that it was supposed to. They kinda wasted one of Supermans best storylines.:frown:

But....it was a good idea to have Battfleck be the one to bring the JL together....I'm glad they understand that he is the glue that holds the franchise together.

Looking forward to his performance in JL.

Was there really anything of substance in the Death of Superman storyline (not including Reign of the Supermen)? Last I remember, a lot of it was just Doomsday fighting the B-Grade JLA heroes culminating in the final battle in Superman 75.

And I really don't think Snyder's rationale holds any water. Why can't you have both Superman and Batman collect the members of the JL? Almost like when Charles and Eric were assembling the X-Men in First Class. Technically, wouldn't it mean more to a potential member if Superman is asking for your help? And wouldn't Superman and Batman together, seeking more meta-humans exemplify the type of extreme threat that is out there (Darkseid, Braniac, whoever)?

Bottom line, Zack likes Batman more, and if he needs to kill Superman off to concentrate on him, he will do it.

I swear, Zack only loves Superman for his abilities. He loves shooting him floating over people, flying fast, heat vision, destroying buildings, but God forbid he actually explores the character's psyche.

Cracked top 5 all time for single day gross
Single Day Gross Theaters Average Date Gross-to-Date
1 Star Wars: The Force Awakens 12/18/15 $119,119,282

2 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 WB 7/15/11 $91,071,119

3 Avengers: Age of Ultron BV 5/01/15 $84,424,532

4 Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice WB 3/25/16 $82,010,000

5 Jurassic World Uni. 6/12/15 $81,953,950

But....it was a good idea to have Battfleck be the one to bring the JL together....I'm glad they understand that he is the glue that holds the franchise together.

Looking forward to his performance in JL.
Agreed. I think he went about it the wrong way, but I find Batman tracking them down alone a lot more compelling than Batman and Superman working together.

They didn't have to use The Death of Superman to set that up, though. Snyder is a knucklehead.

Was there really anything of substance in the Death of Superman storyline (not including Reign of the Supermen)? Last I remember, a lot of it was just Doomsday fighting the B-Grade JLA heroes culminating in the final battle in Superman 75.

Naah, Reign of the Supermen is by far the best of the arc (Death, World Without, Reign). Honestly never cared for Death all that much.

Last edited:
So basically, any knucklehead could've been asked to put Bats and Supes in a movie together and it'd still gross a disgusting amount :x

Well played DC.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom